Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old September 14th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape with HexScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
@White Knight : I made a new version adding :

- Left clic + drag to move around the map in the main camera view
- a "config" menu, with a "Light" sub menu. This open a dialog box allowing to toy with the lights (ambient and sun intensity, as well as sun position)
First, the card images are not showing up anymore. I can see the cards on the old version of Hexscape, but in version 2.0 they don't show up.

The Light adjustment works great! Exactly what I wanted. Playing in the snow with Nilfeim is not blinding anymore.

The camera adjustment is a good start. It is a lot easier to control. On my computer, it is the Right button + drag, not the Left button.

1) One thing that would be nice is to enable the scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom in and out.
2) I use the Map View most of all. Right now, the rotation is about a point in the center of the map. Being able to hold down the shift key with the mouse to pan sideways would be useful (change the center of rotation). Then I can move sideways to the edge of the map and then rotate to the view I want.

I appreciate these changes!
Old September 15th, 2017, 01:40 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
First, the card images are not showing up anymore. I can see the cards on the old version of Hexscape, but in version 2.0 they don't show up.

The Light adjustment works great! Exactly what I wanted. Playing in the snow with Nilfeim is not blinding anymore.

The camera adjustment is a good start. It is a lot easier to control. On my computer, it is the Right button + drag, not the Left button.

1) One thing that would be nice is to enable the scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom in and out.
2) I use the Map View most of all. Right now, the rotation is about a point in the center of the map. Being able to hold down the shift key with the mouse to pan sideways would be useful (change the center of rotation). Then I can move sideways to the edge of the map and then rotate to the view I want.

I appreciate these changes!
I made a new version to correct the problem with the cards images not being displayed. I also changed the scroll wheel to zoom in and out instead of + and -. To rotate the figures, you need to use "R" and "T" now.

You're right, I was meaning right click + drag to rotate the view, not left click. Alway had a problem with left and right even in french, so english makes it worse XD

For the possibility to change the center of rotation in map view, I'll think of something (probably a way to materialize the center of rotation, and be able to drag it where you want on the map). It it currently positioned on the middle of the tiles, in both length and width, but also in height.

The new version can be found here
Old September 16th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

If you want Lyrgard, I made a 3D application with Unity 3D that needed a camera move to navigate in the scene. It is in C# so I don't know if it can be useful for you...
My controller behave exactly like what you are describing : scroll wheel to zoom in/out, left click to translate the view up/down, left/right (it moves the point the camera is centered to) and center mouse click to rotate the view.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:20 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@DanieLoche : Thanks for your proposition, but my main problem is not how to implement it (I can do that easilly), but more how to make it easy to use. I don't think "blindly" moving the center of rotation is the best. Moreover, with the mouse you can cover 2 axis while you need to be able to move on 3 axis to be able to cover all possible position. Or you can just move the camera up/down/left/right depending on the current view, but then it will be hard for the user to move it back to its first place, for instance.

In the case of HexScape, I think choosing a tile to be the center of rotation is a better idea. So I'll probably just add a button to allow choosing another tile to be the center of the rotation.
Old September 18th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Yep I know !
I read again my camera behavior. In fact I never move the center of the rotation, but I allow the camera translation. I don't know if it's the best solution, but I tried many things and for now it is the best I could get to navigate around an object and reach almost every position. ^^ The only thing to care about is the avoid a camera move that could get the map out of the view (and then you loose is and it's quite hard to find it again ahah)
The other solution would be a completely free camera with the 6 axis moves + rotations. That's what is used to navigate in Unity. You can go anywhere, but a lot of time with a lot of manipulations. ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:44 AM

In HexScape, I have 3 camera mode.

1) The "Rotate Around" camera, which is always facing the same point, and can rotate around it. Mouse to rotate, scroll wheel to zoom in or out. It should be the main used camera in HexScape

2) The "Fly By" camera, where you can move the camera freely. up and down arrows make the camera move forward or backward, left and right arrows are for strafing, + and - make the camera go higher or lower, and the mouse change the direction of the camera (like in FPS games, but in 3 dimensions, like you're driving a small plane). This allow to place the camera exactly where you want, to capture an epic scene or see clearly under overhangs or something like that.

3) The "look through the eyes of" that fixes the camera to a point, and only allow to rotate the view. This view is to check lines of sight.

I think those 3 modes should cover all use cases. But I'm open to suggestion on how to improve them, or situation where they are not usable enough. Whatever the mode, you can always switch back to the first mode to see the map, even if you "lost" it while using the 2nd mode.
Old September 18th, 2017, 12:44 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

In Blender, camera location is controlled by the center scroll wheel, the mouse, and the shift key.

center wheel scroll -- Zoom In/Out
center wheel button + move mouse -- Rotate about center of screen
center wheel button + shift key + move mouse -- shift center of screen

I don't know how easy it is to do, but those seem to work well to see what I need to see.
Old September 20th, 2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
I made a new version to correct the problem with the cards images not being displayed. I also changed the scroll wheel to zoom in and out instead of + and -. To rotate the figures, you need to use "R" and "T" now.

The new version can be found here
New version works great!
Old November 22nd, 2017, 05:24 AM

Ellimist0 Woo who?

This is probably the wrong thread to post this, but just wanted to say these models are awesome and I'm having a great time printing them at home

Print quality isn't great but its using the cheapest printer on the market and works just fine for our friday night games

Thanks for all your guys hard work on these

Thats a Fyorlag spider on the left side, and some old friends on the right
Old November 27th, 2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellimist0 View Post
This is probably the wrong thread to post this, but just wanted to say these models are awesome and I'm having a great time printing them at home

Print quality isn't great but its using the cheapest printer on the market and works just fine for our friday night games

Thanks for all your guys hard work on these

Thats a Fyorlag spider on the left side, and some old friends on the right
I'm glad they are being used!
Old July 19th, 2018, 09:57 AM

Additional Models for Hexscape

(And note: if you change the .hsd to .zip you can unzip them and have access to the 3D models)

Wave 6 Assets

Wave 7 Assets

Wave 8 Assets

Wave 9 Assets

Wave 10 and Wave D1 Assets

Swarm of the Marro Master Set Assets

Master Set #3 (Dungeon) Assets

We only need D2 and D3 and then all the classic figures are available for use in Hexscape.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software