Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 6th, 2012, 05:41 PM

3hex Woo who?
Re: Cthulu Tentacle - pre Auggies discussion

I can see it now. 510 points worth of Cthulu Tentacles. A true "Why me" moment for your opponent. I think it would be better as a Common Squad, tho...

But then, I've basically just started making CHCs. Maybe it's better your way. Probably.
Old January 6th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Coolness. I noticed the roll of "a 18"; I think that should be "an 18". I know this is a minor quibble, but still. Also on the Kraken card I think you wrote "a 8".

I really like all the work you've put into the various tentacles. It makes me really want to invest in some of Auggie's stock!

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:50 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypto-Knight View Post
Coolness. I noticed the roll of "a 18"; I think that should be "an 18". I know this is a minor quibble, but still. Also on the Kraken card I think you wrote "a 8".

I really like all the work you've put into the various tentacles. It makes me really want to invest in some of Auggie's stock!

I second the "an" 18 fix.
Old January 9th, 2012, 01:30 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fixed the "an" problem and increased the A/D to 4/4 and points to 35.
Old January 9th, 2012, 01:37 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This guy is looking pretty scary now.

I think the wording on Graft should be "...destroy this Cthulu Tentacle, then take..."

I'm basing that off of wyrmling bonding which uses "that" as it's demonstrative determiner.
Old January 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
This guy is looking pretty scary now.

I think the wording on Graft should be "...destroy this Cthulu Tentacle, then take..."

I'm basing that off of wyrmling bonding which uses "that" as it's demonstrative determiner.
I think you have a good point since he is a Common hero and it will make it more clear...I will make the change.
Old January 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

I like these guys a lot. I have a couple wording suggestions:

On Sand Tunnel, I really don't think you need the "land" part of "sand land space". It's not like there is a sand water space or anything. Also, Graft doesn't seem to make provisions for Counter Strike or Vanish. I guess your turn might be over if the Tentacle was killed by Counter Strike, but with the current wording, you could still Graft even if the Hero moved away with a power like Vanish. I would add this to Graft:

"...has at least one wound and it is still adjacent to this Cthulhu Tentacle, you may roll the...

That would provide for both Counter Strike and Vanish.

Old January 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
I like these guys a lot. I have a couple wording suggestions:

On Sand Tunnel, I really don't think you need the "land" part of "sand land space". It's not like there is a sand water space or anything. Also, Graft doesn't seem to make provisions for Counter Strike or Vanish. I guess your turn might be over if the Tentacle was killed by Counter Strike, but with the current wording, you could still Graft even if the Hero moved away with a power like Vanish. I would add this to Graft:

"...has at least one wound and it is still adjacent to this Cthulhu Tentacle, you may roll the...

That would provide for both Counter Strike and Vanish.
I see what you are saying about not needing for "land" in Sand tunnel.

For Graft the requirements in the ability are that after attacking a figure if the figure has at least 1 wound you can try to Graft. With Vanish the figure moves before being wounded and the only Ninjas with Vanish would be dead if they received a wound. With Counterstrike there are only 2 figures that would be alive if they were wounded...Kaemon and Charos...and I think that if the Tentacle is destroyed then the chance for Graft is over but maybe it needs to be added for clarity.
Old January 9th, 2012, 07:46 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
For Graft the requirements in the ability are that after attacking a figure if the figure has at least 1 wound you can try to Graft. With Vanish the figure moves before being wounded and the only Ninjas with Vanish would be dead if they received a wound.
Take this example, given that Ninja X has Vanish and more than one life:
Ninja X has a wound. A Tentacle attacks Ninja X and rolls at least one skull. Ninja X successfully Vanishes and moves 4 spaces away from the Tentacle. According to the current wording of Graft, the Tentacle could then try to Graft onto Ninja X, even though Ninja X is no longer adjacent to it.

Just because this could never happen with an official figure doesn't mean you don't have to provide for it.

Quote:
With Counterstrike there are only 2 figures that would be alive if they were wounded...Kaemon and Charos...and I think that if the Tentacle is destroyed then the chance for Graft is over but maybe it needs to be added for clarity.
I agree, but others might not. Adding the adjacency requirement to Graft would clear up any confusion.

Old January 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM
has been BANNED

Wording change made...thanks awesomeunleashed
Old January 9th, 2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Wording change made...thanks awesomeunleashed
You're welcome! Now I need to get my hands on some of these...

Old January 11th, 2012, 12:54 AM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

I was mistaken in my previous opinion of Graft, when I said "Why graft onto a wounded figure?" I was later thinking about the Werewolf Lord needing to injure a guy to infect him, and that led to thinking that the graft makes sense. Sorry!

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards