Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 1st, 2021, 09:50 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: C3V "never was"

I think he'd work great.

Old November 8th, 2021, 09:12 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: C3V "never was"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I think he'd work great.
Thanks, I hope you're right. I'll try and squeeze him and the Mariedians into a future game.
Old November 9th, 2021, 08:03 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: Nordlung

I recently purchased my first new miniature in years after stumbling upon it online and falling head over heels in love with it:

I mean, IT'S A DRAGON ARMED WITH A LASER GUN. It doesn't get much more Heroscapey than that. I would be shocked if whoever designed this figure did not have Heroscape in the back of their mind when they did, but even if they didn't my hat's off to them. For anyone interested in buying one of these, it's a Starfinder mini named Dragonkin.
Old November 11th, 2021, 02:54 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Didn't realize this thread was not solely LotR. Was scratching my head who Nordlung was ha. Really cool to see this mini used. Great choice!

Omnicron Pulse Rifle feels really strong to me being able to remove an order marker so easily. Perhaps it could be limited by requiring a wound on the figure. Thematically an attack on a single figure possibly removing an OM on a squad conflicts for me as well somewhat. I think that instead of removing an unrevealed order marker, that 'revealing' an unrevealed OM instead could be interesting. Princeling Ice Shards is my favorite aspect of the design.
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:08 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not sure.

It only affects soulborgs so it'll turn off Q9, Q10, or tear an order marker off some other omni-cron units. I think its is probably fine for what it does given that it is very narrow in scope while still being a nice, longrange 4 attack.

I find the ice prince to be pretty fragile at 4 life, though you might be trying to keep the price down and convey that it is a much younger dragon with that. Looks like a fun unit.
Old November 11th, 2021, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Didn't realize this thread was not solely LotR. Was scratching my head who Nordlung was ha.
Yeah, sorry about that - you're not the first person who's been confused when I occasionally post non-LotR stuff in here. It's just that outside of C3V, I don't really design many customs that are not LotR or Marvel/DC, so I've never thought they warranted a separate thread.

Quote:
Omnicron Pulse Rifle feels really strong to me being able to remove an order marker so easily. Perhaps it could be limited by requiring a wound on the figure. Thematically an attack on a single figure possibly removing an OM on a squad conflicts for me as well somewhat. I think that instead of removing an unrevealed order marker, that 'revealing' an unrevealed OM instead could be interesting.
You may be right; I haven't put Nordlung through his paces yet, but I'm aiming for a B+ figure who bumps up to an A- or so against armies with a lot of Soulborgs or Robots. We'll see how he fares. As for the question of removing OMs from squads, the Omnicron Repulsors' EMP Response power already does that, and Omnicron Pulse Rifle is a riff on that power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I find the ice prince to be pretty fragile at 4 life, though you might be trying to keep the price down and convey that it is a much younger dragon with that. Looks like a fun unit.
Thanks, he may end up being somewhat of a glass cannon when I try him, but you're right about me trying to keep his cost down.
Old November 12th, 2021, 12:30 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No apologies necessary. Though perhaps you could dissuade confusion with a small title add on.

I did completely miss the fact that it was Soulborgs and Robots only... I've never actually played the Repulsors. Just goes to show there's always something left to be played in hs!
Old November 17th, 2021, 08:19 PM

Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs

Quote:
No apologies necessary. Though perhaps you could dissuade confusion with a small title add on.
Yeah, I'll probably just edit his name out of the thread's title given that he's my last custom for the foreseeable future.
Old November 17th, 2021, 08:37 PM

Btw, what are the figures for the Xenomorph Hunters from?
Old November 17th, 2021, 08:43 PM

They're from the Aliens vs. Predators Horrorclix sets, a Heroclix related game made by Wizkids back in the mid-2000s.
Old November 17th, 2021, 08:50 PM

Looks like they've gone up in value. The minis in the Gale Force Nine Aliens box look pretty comparable though. I'm working on a squad for my Galaxus customs that'll be drawing some inspiration from your hunters!
Old November 19th, 2021, 03:33 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sounds like the Maridiens with your custom would be perfect for our upcoming Faction Army Scape (Farscape) game in December. Anyone can see the NYCG43 thread in General Discussion for details (link below in my signature--because you put it there).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards