Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old April 9th, 2021, 10:12 AM

Krug4lyfe is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Ornak

I don't believe so, i think you could only use that ability when you have order marker 1 on him
Old April 9th, 2021, 11:19 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like to use him with a couple of hydra. Possibility of 8 attacks of 4 to start a round! If I have three hydra, it allows me to pick any two of the three (within the aura) so I have the most heads. 460 points so I still can have something else.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old April 9th, 2021, 10:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Thanks for the clarification both of you. That was kind of the assumption I was leaning towards a bit, but at the same time, it is a bit disappointing with how much his special is limited by it.

I still might pick him up if I get the chance, since at least he isn't game-breakingly insane lol, but I don't know how much play time he'll ever see. To be fair, I tend to play with 700+ point armies, so his usefulness is buffed pretty significantly compared to the tourney scene.

Cool figure, just not as impressive as he looks from a quick glance
Give him a shot with figures that can kill multiple figures per turn (Hydra, Cyprien, Mimring, Moltenclaw, etc)! You can deal some really crazy damage on OM1 with figures like those and Ornak.
100% agreed. He's not gamebreaking, but played right, he is terrifyingly good when you can setup 2 Utgar Heroes taking turns.

Specifically, in a competitve game, I think the double Hydra turns are some of his best options. I won a tournament once going with Ornak, Heavies X2, Hydras X2, Marcu. That's a solid 500pts and Every turn 1 was on Ornak to activate both Hydras and then 2/3 were either on Heavies or more activations on Hyrdas depending on the game and the opponent. The championship game was against 4 or 5 squads of knights and I chewed threw them with my Double Hydras. What's more, if one Hydra goes down, you can activate Marcu still with the other Hydra (which I did), and you don't have to roll for his hatred because he doesn't have an OM on him.

Don't give up on him yet...he can surprise you

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 3rd, 2021, 05:21 PM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart

Under "Synergy benefits offered", it says Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura affects uncommon heroes as well. Is this an official ruling somewhere? The ability specifically mentions only Unique Heroes.
Old December 3rd, 2021, 05:25 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Uncommon Interpretation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEQ View Post
Under "Synergy benefits offered", it says Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura affects uncommon heroes as well. Is this an official ruling somewhere? The ability specifically mentions only Unique Heroes.
The 3rd Master Set introduced Uncommon Heroes. Uncommon Heroes are treated as Unique Heroes for all powers that reference them. The only difference between the two is that you are allowed to have more than one of an Uncommon Hero. I'm not sure where specifically in the rulebook but that's where the information is located.

~Dysole, informationally
Old December 4th, 2021, 05:30 AM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart
Re: Uncommon Interpretation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEQ View Post
The 3rd Master Set introduced Uncommon Heroes. Uncommon Heroes are treated as Unique Heroes for all powers that reference them. The only difference between the two is that you are allowed to have more than one of an Uncommon Hero. I'm not sure where specifically in the rulebook but that's where the information is located.

~Dysole, informationally
Clear, thanks!
Old April 23rd, 2022, 09:05 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

IMO, easily the best team player flag bearer, period. The ability to activate 2 Utgar heroes is insane. Cyprien and Brunak come to mind, which technically gives you a 3 for the price of one deal, if he carries another fellow Utgarian Hero into combat! Gilbert is pretty darn good, and most people I'm sure would object to my view here, but I've both used and had Ornak used against me many a time. And nearly everytime it pays in spades.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units