Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 10th, 2021, 11:51 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Workshop

OK, haven't been keeping up here, wanted to share my two cents on minis. As far as philosophy, I prefer to use Heroclix because until recently they were all (mostly) in the same scale. That being said, here is what I came up with:

a repaint into white haired older gentleman really changes this mini. I found a pic of it online once but can't seem to find it now.

I like what you have earmarked for Mina, but I also came up with two other ideas:

This one just modded her pistol into a crossbow. Or this one:

Invisible man I came up with the head of Invisible Kid transposed onto Roy Raymond Jr.

For Nemo, I thought I'd go more conventional and use the Spartoi Elite

One thing I have tried to do is make all of them cheap and easy to procure.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old November 10th, 2021, 05:59 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice finds, I'll add them in!
Old November 10th, 2021, 06:22 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Updated Mina:
Quote:
NAME = MINA MURRAY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = EXTRAORDINARY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN
After taking a turn with Mina Murray, you may take a turn with one Extraordinary figure you control or up to two Extraordinary figures you control if Mina Murray ends her turn engaged.

COVERT OPERATIONS
Start the game with the white Covert Operations Marker on this card. Before taking a turn with Mina Murray, you may place or remove the Covert Operations Marker. While the Covert Operations Marker is on this card, Mina Murray cannot attack or be targeted by an enemy figure for non-adjacent attacks or special powers that require clear sight. Remove the Covert Operations Marker anytime Mina Murray becomes engaged with an opponent's figure.

"I'VE LIVED THROUGH WORSE"
If there is at least 1 Wound Marker on this card, the most wounds Mina Murray can receive from an attack is one, unless the attacking figure is an Undead Lord.
If we want an initiative boost, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would be the spot to put it.
Quote:
LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN
Add 1 to your initiative roll for each Extraordinary figure you control, to a maximum of +4. After taking a turn with Mina Murray, you may take a turn with one Extraordinary figure you control or up to two Extraordinary figures you control if Mina Murray ends her turn engaged.
I think we were pretty close to finishing up our leaderpiece, Mina. I'd definitely want the initiative boost version, except the boost should be +5 including herself. Otherwise I think she's almost finalized.
The main thing is I don't know if we should reuse Covert Operations, I'm not sure a marker power has been reused before on a Unique Hero, and I'd rather not. I still like Espionage, it pairs with the initiative and gets her engaged faster.
Quote:
ESPIONAGE
If you win initiative, before revealing your first Order Marker, you may immediately move Mina Murray up to 5 spaces. When moving with Espionage, Mina Murray can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
Although any similar idea along the lines of either would be pretty good.

Last edited by Splash; November 10th, 2021 at 06:45 PM.
Old December 4th, 2021, 03:40 PM

So Spidey'tilIDie mentioned it might be best to design the leaderpiece last. That's probably a good idea lol.
That leaves, Quatermain, Nemo, and Jekyll & Hyde.

Last edited by Splash; December 4th, 2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old December 4th, 2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
NAME = DOCTOR JEKYLL
SECRET IDENTITY = HENRY JEKYLL

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 0
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = ?

THE EVIL WITHIN
You must draft an Edward Hyde figure. Anytime Doctor Jekyll rolls defense dice, receives wounds, or is destroyed, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, switch Doctor Jekyll's figure with the Edward Hyde figure on this card, remove Doctor Jekyll from the game, and roll an unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to Edward Hyde, one at a time.

NO DRIVES
Henry Jekyll may not make any leaving engagement attacks, or attack any figures.
-----

Quote:
NAME = MISTER HYDE
SECRET IDENTITY = EDWARD HYDE

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = BRUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

NO RESTRAINTS
You must draft a Henry Jekyll figure. Mister Hyde does not start the game on the battlefield and his figure is instead placed on Henry Jekyll's card. Mister Hyde cannot take a turn unless you revealed a numbered Order Marker on the card of an Extraordinary Hero you control. Hyde's special powers cannot be negated.

INFRA-RED VISION
When Hyde attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile, the defending figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile, and whenever a special power refers to the Blind Warrior special power, it refers to this special power as well. Mister Hyde always rolls for leaving engagement attacks, regardless of any special powers on opponents’ army cards.

UNSTOPPABLE BRUTE
Once per round, if Mister Hyde would be destroyed by receiving wounds, place or remove Wound Markers until he has 2 Life remaining and roll an unblockable attack die against the attacking figure.

SUPER STRENGTH
They both require each other to be drafted and whatnot so if there is any unnecessary doubling in the wording let me know.

Last edited by Splash; December 4th, 2021 at 09:29 PM.
Old December 4th, 2021, 05:09 PM

Here's another go at Jekyll and Hyde, they work more like Phoenix or a dualsided-Rechets now.
The only thing is Hyde has four powers. I think the best thing to do would be to make it so the Internal Battle stuff is all covered on Jekyll's card, which I think it mostly is.
Or merge the first two.

edit: I think I'll just get rid of the last sentence of Internal Battle and put the rest in No Restraints
Old December 4th, 2021, 05:12 PM

Also @toyhandle had some really cool ideas for a Nautilus DO and Nemo, hope those are posted up soon!
Old December 11th, 2021, 02:17 PM

Splash's Unofficial Guide to Modding Mister Hyde
The figure is Half-Ogre Barbarian, I picked it up for about a buck, it's usually 3-4 dollars.
Figure -
Spoiler Alert!

Comic photos -
Spoiler Alert!

Modding
Step One: his fists are in perfect two-handed smash position, so all we need to do first is cut off the sword - this takes about 30 seconds, just cut right along the border of his fingers

Step Two: cut off his hair - this is the toughest part. Start at the bottom cutting sideways on each side and cutting downwards to get off the chunks two or three times and then try to fine tune once you get closer to his head. It's okay if you hit his arms (it won't be very noticeable), but watch out around the ears. Also his neck is pretty thick, so don't feel like you have to go to far in. This'll probably take around 15 minutes, depending how careful you are.
Spoiler Alert!

Step Three: cut a layer off the chainmail so it's more like a bare chest. - Again this only takes like a minute. You can try adding little edges with your knife if you want for his chest and muscles, but the paint will cover most of this up (better to just outline lightly with paint later). You can also cut off the metal nubs on the arm bracers if you like, but it's easy enough to glob paint over this later.
Spoiler Alert!

Painting
Step One: Paint over where the armor was with leather brown, made darker with some black, and maybe a hint of tan skin tone. (It took forever to mix it right, so hopefully this helps). You really just wanna match what's already there. Don't be afraid to glob on paint, Hyde isn't known for being an aesthetically perfect fellow, you'll need to glob around the arms especially to cover up the bracers loops, but again this may work in your favor since his forearms sometimes rival Popeye's.
Spoiler Alert!

Step Two:
- Paint his pants black (you could go navy blue or taupe, but black covers up the armor details best).
- Paint the torn coat thing. I painted it leather brown, with a bit of white, to match the light leather coat of Jekyll's mini, but you can paint it black like the pants or white to match his shredded shirt. (Alternatively, you can cut away at it as it is more to get the idea of an immediate transformation from the Jekyll figure, he just has regular black pants in the comics)
- Paint the belt area white, this is what's left of his shirt, he sometimes has more left of his shirt scraps, but this is fully enraged-Hyde with hardly any left. Smudge it around to cover the belts parts. If you want you can also add scraps of shirt along his shoulder straps or other areas where the armor still shows a bit if you didn't go all fine tuned and smooth those areas out.

Step Three: Take the color you used for the skin and add more black, loosely apply to his head for his hair and his chest down to his belly if you want.
Here's his lovely face for reference
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Congratulations, you are done.
If your paint happens to be more liquid-y for some reason like mine was today, just do another few layers or be lazy like me and call it good enough.

FINISHED PHOTOS
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; April 27th, 2022 at 02:23 AM.
Old February 8th, 2022, 06:12 PM

Splash's Unofficial Guide to Modding Captain Nemo
Luckily, this one's not too hard.

Reference photo:

Figures you need:

Step One:
Remove the turban from The Guardian (there should be a pretty clear idea of where to cut, just start in the front with a bit of forehead in the middle and and then separate where the hat meets the head) and the top of the Spartoi Elite's head (just under the hairline across the top of the ears to the back of the head).
See example:
Spoiler Alert!

Step Two: Before gluing on his turban. Get a good skin tone on his hands, neck, face, and ears. Then paint his beard and hair black, as well as re-adding the eyebrows. Try to extend his beard a bit more with the chunky parts if you can. Then add a stripe of grey down the center of his beard and some fringes around the sides of his face. You can also try to add the twirly mustache if you're brave.

Step Three: Glue on the turban and paint it dark blue, lightly edging along where it connects with the head, except his forehead, you'll want a lil more skin tone there.
Add a glob of yellowy-gold, if you want to try adding the ammonite shell. Then shape it a bit around the edges and try to cut a line with the point of the brush or stick it in the middle and slowly twist. Cover up any yellow spots with blue again. Yay, you are done.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; March 9th, 2022 at 08:48 PM.
Old February 8th, 2022, 06:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks nice. Is the Guardian an expensive figure?
Old February 8th, 2022, 10:46 PM

$4.50 on ebay rn solo.

I bought an AC heroclix box for 20 bucks so I have like at least 2 of every figure now lol.
If anyone wants a Guardian, I'd be happy to send my spare out.
Old February 9th, 2022, 08:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

$4.50 isn't horrible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy