Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 28th, 2008, 07:49 PM
has been BANNED

stareknight is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
lord of the rings

I think that if scape could involve lord of the rings into everything it would be cool. Hey they involved marvel so why not this. If you want respond to this, if not have a nice day
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:15 PM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart
Re: lord of the rings

You are going all out today.

As Herocscape already parallels a lot of real world and literary stuff, and LotR parallels a lot of that, Heroscape has alreay built in many LotR types figures... except Hobbits... and Dwarfs (don't mention Eldgrim).

Who hasn't thought about Syvaris and Leg'o'lamb? And other Ullar Elf and Silmarilion Elf parallels.

Krug and Trolls or Fiantooths? Grut Orcs and Orcs? If Aragorn and Alastair aren't cousins in concept (running around the hills with their buddies), then I don't know what is. Vikings and Erohim (OK, they're aren't mounted, but that's all the Erohim were were a light/medium armor mounted vikings).
The Knights can all be substituted for Minas Tirith types.

You can think of Cyprian as a WitchKing type (especially with Chilling Touch).

Sauron was a werewolf darklord, just like Khusomet.

Dragons galore. Spiders too (spider hero in the works for Shelob?)

I don't think they need much more cross pollination on this particular theme, however I remember seeing some e-bay singles for people who wanted to have LotR and Heroscape. Heck, if nothing else buy the LotR miniatures and shop around for some custom rules.
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM

Kamakazi is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalignantT View Post

As Herocscape already parallels a lot of real world and literary stuff, and LotR parallels a lot of that, Heroscape has alreay built in many LotR types figures... except Hobbits... and Dwarfs (don't mention Eldgrim).

Who hasn't thought about Syvaris and Leg'o'lamb? And other Ullar Elf and Silmarilion Elf parallels.

Krug and Trolls or Fiantooths? Grut Orcs and Orcs? If Aragorn and Alastair aren't cousins in concept (running around the hills with their buddies), then I don't know what is. Vikings and Erohim (OK, they're aren't mounted, but that's all the Erohim were were a light/medium armor mounted vikings).

I don't think they need much more cross pollination on this particular theme, however I remember seeing some e-bay singles for people who wanted to have LotR and Heroscape. Heck, if nothing else buy the LotR miniatures and shop around for some custom rules.
One thing heroscape doesn't have is goblins, but in my opinion, that just doesn't seem like Heroscape.
Kam
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:27 PM
has been BANNED

stareknight is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks for the thought, And a SPIDER !?!? hero.
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart

LotR Goblins are Orcs who live underground.
Orc = Goblin

edit: As for spiders... the spiders in the Hobbit infesting Murkwood and the Fyorag Spiders in the Jungle set might as well be carbon-copied. Shelob could be paralleled by a predator spider hero, to be released in an undisclosed future expansion (read: never).

Last edited by MalignantT; July 28th, 2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: too slow
Old July 30th, 2008, 08:19 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Wait what i don't remember that. since when was sauron a werewolf?
Old July 30th, 2008, 08:33 AM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris View Post
Quote:

Wait what i don't remember that. since when was sauron a werewolf?
I dunno. I was with him until that point.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:00 AM

GatekeeperDatuck has disabled reputation

To quote from the Wikipediea entry on Sauron:

According to The Silmarillion, Sauron was initially able to change his appearance at will....

As part of a plan to destroy Huan, Sauron took the form of the greatest werewolf in Middle-earth's history till then. When the plan backfired, he assumed a serpent-like form, and finally changed back "from monster to his own accustomed form".[62]
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:41 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

You do realize that Wikipedia is written by regular people right and can be edited to say just about anything.

Not saying that entry is incorrect or not but just that when you are trying to back something up Wikipedia may not be the most reliable source.
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:35 AM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
You do realize that Wikipedia is written by regular people right and can be edited to say just about anything.

Not saying that entry is incorrect or not but just that when you are trying to back something up Wikipedia may not be the most reliable source.
True, true.

Holylink718's Repaints
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:38 AM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Well the heroscape article is where I figured out Charos was a wind dragon and Kaemon Awa was a samurai shogun. I still have believed that, but it is true because none of my teachers want us on wikipedia whenever we do research papers.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM

I like the idea for wikipedia, but I agree it's all fan based material. I have read many things on there that were completely false, but I've found that, as long as you double check important facts, it can be *somewhat* accurate.

Holylink718's Repaints

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion