Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 6th, 2011, 01:59 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Re: GenCon 2011 Results

dok's having trouble finding free wi-fi, so he called me with these results:

In the semi-finals, dok beat Scaper-Dude and Spider-poison beat Lonewolf. Apparently Spider_poison and Lonewolf had such similar armies that they decided to pick the winner by rolling a D20 rather than play it out. Since Scaper-Dude and Lonewolf play each other several times a year, they're also going to roll a D20 to determine the 3rd place winner. So it will be dok versus Spider_Poison in the finals!
Old August 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The ID of the guy who was tied for 4th in HoB, and who was playing ratsx3/Nilf/Cyprien/Sonya in the main event, was Mr. Infidel. I finally remembered after asking him a third time.

Raider30's exact army was romansx3, 10thx2, Marcus, Ne-Gok-Sa, Isamu.

Kaboomboomboom's army was 4thx6+Samuel Brown.

One of the missing 4-1 armies was some sort of Axegrinder build; I'm pretty sure the player who played it is not on Heroscapers. There was also a Nilfheim/Raelin/Greenscale build.

I don't know all the matchups, but I know Kaboomboomboom won his opening game over his 4th Mass with the Nilf/Greenscale army, on Fulcrum. I beat Tiny Timmy in a repeat of our 5th round game from the day before (I won both but with different armies each time). Spider Poison beat the 'trons with the Axegrinders.

In quarters, spider beat the 'trons with Turkeyclubsamich's warforged. I beat Nicktheant in a crazy game (my 1-life Nilfheim had to finish off a bunch of grubs).

Finals:
Spoiler Alert!

I'll post a more detailed battle report later.
Old August 6th, 2011, 09:07 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The Nilfheim/Greenscale build was actually Nilfheim, Greenscalesx2, Raelin, and the Airborne Elite. His HSer ID is Mezrath (or something like that; search doesn't find it so I must have heard it wrong, I guess).

ETA: Thanks to Retlaw's pictures, I can figure out the rest of the first round results:
Nicktheant over Mantrainchoochoo
Turkeyclumsammich over Raider30
Worseley over Hendal
Scaper_Dude over Rollitontop
lonewolf over Mr. Infidel

I'm pretty sure lonewolf beat kaboomboomboom in the quarters, which means that Scaper_Dude beat (EDIT:) Worseley. So that's the whole draw. (lonewolf conceded third place to his son.)

Also, Worseley's CTF army was Q9+Q10+Fen Hydra. I know because he played the same army in our win-a-tundra event.

Last edited by dok; August 6th, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old August 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Congrats, dok! Good scapin!

Good to see spider_poison coming out of pseudo-retirement and showing he's still got it.

Not nearly enough Ohio representation up there this year. ManTrain - what happened?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 6th, 2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Not nearly enough Ohio representation up there this year.
Well, they're not part of the "Columbus Crew", but Rollitontop and Turkeyclubsamich are both Ohio-scapers from Columbus. Rollitontop also won HoB, and Turkeyclubsamich had the only army in day 2 that I thought was weaker than my own (in most matchups, anyway - including head to head).

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
ManTrain - what happened?
Heavies are good.
Old August 6th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I placed third in 3 pack draft. And Lefton4ya was fourth I believe. (Fun fact: He and Juniour had a draw in one round by lava field wounds on their last figures simultaneously.)
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
In quarters, spider beat the 'trons with Turkeyclubsamich's warforged. I beat Nicktheant in a crazy game (my 1-life Nilfheim had to finish off a bunch of grubs).
The above quote contradicts this:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure lonewolf beat kaboomboomboom in the quarters, which means that Scaper_Dude beat Nicktheant. So that's the whole draw.
So I'm going to assume the former is correct and that Scaper_dude beat Worseley in his quarterfinal match.

Last edited by arp12; August 6th, 2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: the only other possibility is that dok beat Worseley
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:
The above quote contradicts this:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure lonewolf beat kaboomboomboom in the quarters, which means that Scaper_Dude beat Nicktheant. So that's the whole draw.
So I'm going to assume the former is correct and that Scaper_dude beat Worsely in his quarterfinal match.
Yes, right. Fixed. Also, lonewolf conceded third place to Scaper_Dude.
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I did terrible but it was a lot of fun. Went 2-2 in every event except for General Wars, going 1-3 not counting my bye. Had great games with fomox, Brownsfan, and JD_Tenor, and a lot of people, of which I forget thier names.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:46 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Deroche placed first for Jandar 5-0. 4th Mass, Samuel Brown. He won the entire thing.
Hendal placed first for Utgar 5-0. Stingers, Raelin
Fomox placed first for Aquilla, I think he went 4-1. Axegrinders, Morgrimm.

This is what I remember, correct me if I've made any mistakes.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I went 2-2 on the 4x4 400. I played Mohicans against R˙chean's Drones, and won.

I went 2-3 on General Wars with Steamroller. My dice were good in the beginning of each game, and went downhill right near the end.
Old August 7th, 2011, 12:59 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I didn't get a chance to see who got 1st or 2nd for Dragon Hoard; I was able to get 3rd place (Charos, Greenscalesx2, Cyprien).

I get to play in the ToC and I have no idea what I'm running (wasn't planning for it). I'd love it if I could get away with Flow Chart one more time, but I have my doubts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con