Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 11th, 2009, 06:22 PM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker
Union Soldier

Here's a theoritical unit I've been tossing around in my head for a bit.

1st Maine Infantry

Life:1
Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 1
Defense: 2

Ability 1: Rifling
When rolling for an attack using a figure in this unit, it automaticly adds one skull to the roll.

Edited: Ability 2: Fire en Mass
When attacking with a (this unit), add 1 attack die for each other adjacent (this unit) up to a maximum of +2 dice, for the Fire en Mass power.

Human
Common Squad
Soldiers
Valiant
Medium 5

4 figures

##th (Confederate State) Infantry

Life: 1
Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 2
Defense: 2

Ability 1: Bayonet Attack 1
When rolling attack dice against an adjacent figure, a Soldier in the (this unit) adds 1 to his attack dice. A Soldier in the (this unit) can only use Bayonet Attack if he moved at least one space this turn.

Ability 2: Rebel Yell
When this unit attacks an adjacent squad figure, decrease the attacked figures defense by one for the duration of the attack.

Human
Common Squad
Soldiers
Valiant
Medium 5

4 figure squad

Please give any ideas, suggestions, comments, or other ideas for a Confederate counterpart to this squad, as this is in part to design a prototype of a civil war unit that could avoid political issues, and maybe inspire WotC to make a squad like this (or maybe even this, Either way I would be happy). I just had a harder time making a Confederate Squad. And mybe a name to give the unit.

And just to explain ahead of time, the increased range and rifling ability compared to the 4th Mass & 10th Foot are to show technological advances in the times inbetween.

Last edited by Einar's_Strategist; May 17th, 2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: added the confederate rough draft
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:25 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Union Soldier

Are you related to the Utgar's_Strategist that was floating around here not too long ago?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:43 PM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker

not at all. Don't know the person.
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:08 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hi and Welcome to the Site, ES. Good to see you on the boards finnally. Anyways, I love the advansed technology idea but I think a base attack of 2 instead of 1 would be better because having an attack of 1 kind of shows a tech downgrade.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:15 PM

well with the auto attack + 1 skull, you get a larger chance to hit... the one attack is just comensation. bullets didn't really change yet, so maximum damage would stay relativley the same.
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:25 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Welcome, Einar's Strategist, and I have to *ahem* respectfully disagree with you. I do believe that the 1 attack is a bit of a down grade, and that the Tagawa Samurai Archers have a larger attack, if you add in height. Don't get me wrong, they sound fun to play, like a mix of the 4th Mass and 10th Reg., but their stats could use some fixing. Honest to goodness, this is just my , but they seem like an interesting unit.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:56 PM

I was looking at average damage. 4th/10th have an average of 1 hit per attack each averaging 4 hits per turn; Union guys would have a average attack of 1.5 hits (1auto [rifling] plus .5 for its attack) per attack over 4 charecters as well average 6 hits per turn, which would be a up grade in my book. If i'm missing something, or i messed something up, what is it?
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:04 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You are missing the Wait then fire ability for the 4th mass and 10th foot.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM

Ah... but I am not. New figure stats: at best on all flat: 10th/4th: 3 attack per, average= 1.5, for 6 hit per round (but you can't move...)
so far un-named union squad: 1auto, 1 base, +2 for fire en mass (yes, a slight referance to the 4th mass ) = 1 auto =3, or 2.5 per figure, or 10 hits per turn. Unions still win... just have to keep the soldiers together in a square & such and can be moved forward to get back in range (if need to)...
oh, and while we work on the union soldiers and perfect them... state/number ideas for the unit? or ideas for that confederate counter part?
Old May 12th, 2009, 07:22 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

I would drop rifling. You've already included it in the range. "Wait then fire" variation is nice. I would remove the Bayonet Attack ability and save it for your Confederate squad. They tended to operate more aggressively historically.
If you can't bear to part with that, or you want something different, try giving your Confederate squad something like "dug in:" if the squad does not move, if gains +1 defense die in the next turn. You could also give them a shotgun like ability: "Buck and ball," or a +1 for each adjacent figure to a max of 2, "Form line."

Not one step backwards!
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the remove & save bayonet idea... but I think I will keep the rifling idea, to keep an obvious advance in accuracy...
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:48 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Alright, then keep them in a square. You do that.

*Under his breath*
Where did I put DW9K?

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards