Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 4th, 2018, 07:35 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 10/17/18!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I actually would go with Heavy Snow and Normal Ice. I think the map would work great that way. It's a close map, each start zone is very close to that middle section, so I think the snow will help slow down getting to those high points too early, and I don't think it hurts melee. With the jungle and the ice pathways, I think doing heavy snow would work quite well. Normal snow probably works too, I assume, but I'm liking heavy for this one.

Normal Ice obviously. You don't want to those paths to the middle and from the sides.
Yeah, definitely normal ice - but I think the Heavy Snow is for sure worth trying out for the reasons you mentioned. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Quote:
(I feel like you rarely see Slippery Ice in maps......kinda wanna go make a TT map now with Slippery Ice / Normal Snow)
I"m excited to see how it turns out. Didn't you say on your map thread that you had a bunch of maps to post? I'll be looking forward to looking through them as well.
Yes, I have 19 maps finished and finalized at this point, as well as 6 more that are still "in the works" (some of which I'm postponing and coming back to, I think). The only one I've posted, which was only pictures of, is my 1 RotV - Mountainside.

I need someone to help me in getting my maps up for download on this site, as I can't figure it out. I'm terrible when it comes to computers, so I'm in need of some assistance with it.

But the important thing is I have an extensive list of competitive maps at this point that I'm very happy with. The only part now is getting them up here and learning to do so. Once I'm fluent with it, I will have a lot to share and will be sharing for a while.
Old November 4th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post

Yes, I have 19 maps finished and finalized at this point, as well as 6 more that are still "in the works" (some of which I'm postponing and coming back to, I think). The only one I've posted, which was only pictures of, is my 1 RotV - Mountainside.

I need someone to help me in getting my maps up for download on this site, as I can't figure it out. I'm terrible when it comes to computers, so I'm in need of some assistance with it.

But the important thing is I have an extensive list of competitive maps at this point that I'm very happy with. The only part now is getting them up here and learning to do so. Once I'm fluent with it, I will have a lot to share and will be sharing for a while.
That's awesome. I'm not 100% positive how to upload maps onto Heroscapers specifically, but I do know how to post them using Google Drive and MediaFire and would be more than happy to help you out with that if you'd like... I imagine the steps are essentially the same for uploading them onto Heroscapers specifically

EDIT: As a site supporter you can upload directly to Heroscapers - maybe you knew that already.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old November 4th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Used your "The Unknown" battlefield map (you should just call it that, it's a cool name) AND Royal Courtyard at the tourney yesterday. Both were really good maps and we were all pleased with how they played. I especially like "The Unknown" map as-is. You should add it to your OP!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 4th, 2018, 03:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Flash_19's Maps & Scenarios: New Map 9/19/18!

Quote:
@rednax , @superfrog , & @Sir Heroscape
I made some changes based on the feedback - and then decided I had some more tiles to expand on it a little more.

I second sir h on this one. It was a great map. I played against sir h on this one against my own death chaser army and it was a close match.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 5th, 2018, 05:16 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Used your "The Unknown" battlefield map (you should just call it that, it's a cool name) AND Royal Courtyard at the tourney yesterday. Both were really good maps and we were all pleased with how they played. I especially like "The Unknown" map as-is. You should add it to your OP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I second sir h on this one. It was a great map. I played against sir h on this one against my own death chaser army and it was a close match.
Thanks you guys! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed both maps. I'll try to get that updated in my OP in the next day or two.

And @TREX , way to put Gothlok to good use in Idaho the other day!

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old November 5th, 2018, 05:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Thanks you guys! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed both maps. I'll try to get that updated in my OP in the next day or two.

And @TREX , way to put Gothlok to good use in Idaho the other day!
Yeah, it was a blast.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 7th, 2018, 07:20 PM

Graystone Way: - New map 11/7/18
Requires 1x RotV, 2x RttFF

Old November 8th, 2018, 12:20 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 11/7/18!

Well met!

For Hoard of the Dragon:

Map. 2 of these will be built, containing between them (replacing 2 Start Zones) an open area of Castle Walk [free built by me on the morning of game day] containing 1 fewer Brandar's chest Treasure Glyphs than the total number of Players in the Game. The remaining Start Zones will be expanded to contain all Players' units.

This looks like a codification of:

which I had originally adapted for this scenario.
Old November 8th, 2018, 11:43 PM

I have spent way too long pounding my head against the wall on this one. Anybody got any ideas for how to make it better?

Old November 9th, 2018, 12:20 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I have spent way too long pounding my head against the wall on this one. Anybody got any ideas for how to make it better?

attach a download link? I'd love to play on it and give you feedback! as of right now the pathing is quite unique and very interesting to look at, but the only slight concern I might have would be how difficult getting to the center is for non-flying figures on the left side of the start zones, but that's really it based on looks alone.
Old November 9th, 2018, 02:07 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

attach a download link? I'd love to play on it and give you feedback! as of right now the pathing is quite unique and very interesting to look at, but the only slight concern I might have would be how difficult getting to the center is for non-flying figures on the left side of the start zones, but that's really it based on looks alone

It's a lovely maze. So much so that I'm tempted to change maps yet again for Hoard of the Dragon. I'd love to hear about the process of building this map - what the basic idea was and how it developed. [It would be helpful if you built the map on a table and took pictures. Virtualscape doesn't quite capture what a map looks like.]

You could make the tops of the Pillars more aesthetically pleasing while still denying their use or you could replace the Pillars entirely with Evergreens, if possible within terrain restrictions, which I'd most likely do Hosting a Gang event.

If I were to do that, I hope you would not be offended. I made a few changes to the map above for my Kha Playtest; I wonder if you recognize it . . .

Anyways, another great map.

P.S.: This last map is a truly inspiring use of Ladder/Battlement Terrain that I'm now thinking I'll borrow for a free build for Hoard. I'd be interested in hearing how you would go about it . . .

Old November 9th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks like a fun map that would make some really cool games. From a competitive standpoint, what jumps out to me as holding it back is:

1) Not super friendly to double-space and/or "clunkier" figures, especially in the middle. It's going to be hard to get walking double spacers around the map, and some of the clunkier figures are going to have a hard time fitting into the middle area with trees/columns/ramparts.

2) The two double-hex level 5 bits of height are easily the strongest points on the map. They can easily shoot a glyph and have good shooting lanes into the middle, as well as pretty good shots at figures coming from the start zones. The ramparts help limit who/what can engage them, so it's a pretty safe spot.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios