Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 4th, 2018, 07:34 PM

brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New York New Year Showdown! Buffalo area

NYNYS - New York New Year Showdown!

Everyone is welcome to join us in kicking off 2019 in a pure, classy style, playing Heroscape! New or rusty? We will assist players with learning the game, feel free to come!

Format:
-Pre-built 365 point armies, 20 figure limit, destroy the opposition! I can provide some armies to anyone that cannot build/bring their own!
*In honor of Stan Lee, I will be bringing a loaner army that consists solely of the official Heroscape Hulk (370 points). This will be the only army allowed over the 365 point limit. Please let me know if you wish to use this army at the tournament, it will otherwise be handed out to any interested walk-ins!
-Allowed: All official Heroscape (including official Marvel,) and C3V/SOV approved units
-40 minute battles, 4 battles, Swiss system. Battle 4 will be reverse the whip! (In reverse the whip, you trade armies with your opponent)
*If games go to time, players finish out the in-game round, and use partial card scoring to determine the winner (if you have 3 wounds on a 6 life hero, that hero is worth half of their point cost. If 2 out of 3 squad members are destroyed, that squad is worth one-third of their point cost.)
-W/L record will be primary means of determining tourney winner, point differential will be used to break ties.

Where:
Casual Dragon Games, located at 136 Walnut St, Lockport, NY 14094

When:
Saturday, January 5th, 2019. Please plan to arrive at 1:45 PM, dice to begin rolling at 2 PM! Tourney winner announcements and prize handouts to occur between 5:15-5:30.

How much?
$3 per player. All collected money will be used as prizes - store credit/gift cards.

Maps:
-Undecided at this time, will probably finalize around early/mid December. Map pool likely to be some mix of the following:
Common Ground - 1 RotV. 2 power glyphs
Fragment - 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 TT. Undecided on glyphs, thinking about going glyphless, or just one Wannok in middle of map.
Galaxian - 1 BftU. 2 power glyphs
Marsh Manor - 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 TJ. 2 power glyphs
Sirocco - 2 BftU, 1 TJ. 2 power glyphs
Dance of the Dryads - 1 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 VW. 2 power glyphs, and 1 random treasure glyph on the road space in the dead center of the map
Ticalla Sunrise - 1 SotM, 1 TJ. Wannok and Unique atk +1, as noted in build instructions
Ice Thistle - 1 BftU, 1 TT. 2 power glyphs
If you can't take the heat... - 1 SotM, 1 VW, 1 TJ. 2 power glyphs, 2 random treasure glyphs will be placed on the water spaces on this map

Glyph Pool (may change, we are considering C3V glyphs)
Power Glyphs
Dagmar (Init +eight)
Gerda (Def +1)
Wannock (Wound)
Unique Attack +1
Lodin (D20 +1)
Kelda (1 time use, full healing)

Treasure Glyphs
Heroic Rune (atk +1)
Talisman of Defense (def +1)
Brooch of Shielding (disengage)
Scarab of Invulnerability (1 time use, ignore wound)
Belt of Giant Strength (1 time use, +2 attack)
Ring of Protection (1 time use, +3 def)
Elixir of Speed (1 time use, +4 move)

Attendees:
-brandonwiker + 5
-You?

Maybe:
- + 5
-Taeblewalker (+1?)
-You?

Feel free to PM me or post in this thread with any questions or comments! I can also be contacted at BuffaloHeroscape@gmail.com. I also plan on taking pictures of games in progress as I get a chance to. I will be uploading those as well as a post-tourney report to this site and to FB sometime after the event.

Well, are you coming? My zombies will be waiting to feast on eyeballs and entrails

My Battle Reports!---Come join my prediction contest for a chance to win heroscape figures!

Last edited by brandonwiker; Yesterday at 07:50 PM. Reason: Hulk smash
Old November 4th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!
Re: New York New Year Showdown! Buffalo area

Where is Lockport?

"Well, either it allows a magic-user to cast the various Bigby's Hand spells, or it's a +2 backscratcher. So far we're not sure which."
Old November 4th, 2018, 08:35 PM

brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Where is Lockport?
Considering coming?

If you are familiar with Buffalo and/or Rochester, it is... eh... kind of in between them, but more north. If it makes any more sense to you:
- It is about 1 hour drive west of Rochester, or
- About 30 minutes northeast of Buffalo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockport_(city),_New_York

Looks like Monticello is approximately a 5 hour drive from Lockport... bit of a stinger, but we'd be excited if you came! Feel free to invite friends, we have no problem with that.

My Battle Reports!---Come join my prediction contest for a chance to win heroscape figures!
Old November 4th, 2018, 09:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

I do have a friend who lives near Buffalo (I think the town is Lancaster). Maybe I'll make the trip if I can stay over at his place.

"Well, either it allows a magic-user to cast the various Bigby's Hand spells, or it's a +2 backscratcher. So far we're not sure which."
Old November 4th, 2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I do have a friend who lives near Buffalo (I think the town is Lancaster). Maybe I'll make the trip if I can stay over at his place.
Savage, I'm only vaguely familiar with Lancaster, but it's probably within 35 minutes of Lockport. Keep me posted. I'll put you down as a maybe and poke you sometime early December if I don't hear anything else between now and then.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events