Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 10th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Nice stuff Newb! You have a lot of great LoS blockers there and the beads certainly do make it easier to see

That's the great thing about this system, you can use whatever minis or terrain that you feel like. People don't have to spend tons of money or time on the hobby aspect of it, and can just have a good time.

People can have goblin warbands if they want or a ninja warband. Doesn't matter, as long as people are digging it.

Thanks for sharing Newb.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; July 11th, 2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old July 10th, 2017, 07:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Awesome stuff newb. I am already scoping out the ghost of archipelago because of its similarities to this one and for the fact that it has pirates. I just may have already spent hundreds of dollars on rum and bones and second tide. that means I already have a ton of stuff for it. I also already have made some pirate themed terrain. Very exciting indeed.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 11th, 2017, 01:26 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I just tried out northstars website. I went ahead and picked up the cultist box. I think itll be super neat to make a cultist warband.

Old July 11th, 2017, 06:34 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Looks like a fun board @LilNewbie . My wife likes to hit the garage sales and flea markets from time to time so I have her keeping an eye out for appropriate aquarium pieces and anything else that might work.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 11th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I just tried out northstars website. I went ahead and picked up the cultist box. I think itll be super neat to make a cultist warband.
I look forward to seeing those TREX. I was so temped to get them and the barbarians set, but I still have 5 more from the soldier kit to assemble and paint. Though at the moment, I have enough for 2 healthy warbands, though that includes a couple Scape figures that are working out because the soldier kit wouldn't really work for a barbarian or knight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Looks like a fun board @LilNewbie . My wife likes to hit the garage sales and flea markets from time to time so I have her keeping an eye out for appropriate aquarium pieces and anything else that might work.
I saw someone on the Frostgrave Facebook page that bought several of those kid's plastic sand castle molds, and primed and painted them up. Very cheap way to get some neat terrain pieces.

Old July 11th, 2017, 07:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

My daughter Morgan and I started The Hunt for the Golem campaign in the Frostgrave Folio book. We started on Friday night and finished Sunday night.

The first of the three scenarios is called The Attack Site, and it is about the warbands coming across a grizzly scene with corpses strewn about as a result of an encounter with a granite golem.

I set the board up with a pretty dense bunch of terrain in the central area. Instead of placing treasure, players each place 5 corpse markers, where we used some unpainted undead figures to represent the corpses. When a figure contacts a corpse, they can spend an action to search it. Then roll a d20 and check a small chart. 1-12 results in a treasure and you replace the corpse with a treasure and are considered to have picked it up. 13-16 results in the corpse turning into a zombie. 17-18 results in a survivor that you can heal and will join your warband. 19 -20 results in Golem Notes and gains you 30 XP'S.

Before placing our warbands, I rolled for my pregame Raise Zombie spell and it worked, so I had a zombie in my warband.
We started out and I cast a Wall spell to block one of Morgan's entry points into the castle, but there was a door nearby and she was able to go through it with some troops, but it took longer and limited her. She saw my Crossbowman on a ruin on my side acting as overwatch, so she cast a Fog spell just inside the doorway. She wanted to go in that way since there was a corpse just inside it next to a column.

We had some corpses that were close to our entry points and we rolled low enough for them to all be treasure. In fact, 5 of the first 6 were rolled to be treasure. The one next to the column that Morgan was after ended up being and zombie, and and tough one at that, as it took her bear and ranger three rounds to finish it off, and her Bear took some damage from the ordeal. I had and so cast an Imp spell to occupy her as well, as she had moved a crossbowman inside. So her knight dealt with it eventually over a couple rounds and took some damage.

Morgan's treasure hunter had found the 6th treasure at the top of some stairs, but my Crossbowman shot him and knocked him out of the game. (he ended up being badly wounded from her postgame roll and has to miss the next game) Morgan wasn't happy, but she had already discovered 3 other treasures that she could easily get off the board. I told her that I wanted 3 and would be happy. Her troops were hurting so I said that we can call and truce and I wouldn't attack if she wouldn't and let me get that treasure at the top of the stairs. I and also agreed to let her find the Golem Notes for extra XP'S. It worked out and we carried on to get through the rest of the game.

As far as treasures go, Morgan got the Ring of Slow Fall, another Genie on the Bottle potion, another potion that I can't remember and a Grimoire of Combat Awareness, as well as some gold. I got a Grimoire of Restore Health (I believe that's what it's called), potion of Genie in the Bottle, potion of Exploding Cocktail, and 560 gold total from the gold with items, but mostly from the 18 roll on the d20 x 20 treasure.

Notice the black piece of 3x6x1 black foam, that's my wall blocking that opening. Then the 3x6 white piece of foamboard is Morgan's fog, blocking LoS to the doorway to the right of my wall.

Old July 11th, 2017, 07:14 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I saw someone on the Frostgrave Facebook page that bought several of those kid's plastic sand castle molds, and primed and painted them up. Very cheap way to get some neat terrain pieces.
I saw that too. It actually looked pretty good. I just might try to find some myself.

I'm actually taking a short break from terrain so that I can focus my money on getting a few board games on my shelf. I want to get the family into the hobby. I went ahead a bought Pandemic, which should arrive today. I'm hoping that we will like it. I chose Pandemic simply because Amazon had it on sale for $21 and it seems popular.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; July 11th, 2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old July 11th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
I saw that too. It actually looked pretty good. I just might try to find some myself.

I'm actually taking a short break from terrain so that I can focus my money on getting a few board games on my shelf. I want the get the family into the hobby. I went ahead a bought Pandemic, which should arrive today, hoping that we will like it. I chose Pandemic simply because Amazon had it on sale for $21 and it seems popular.
Good call Keglo. Pandemic is a solid co-op and a nice one to get the family into.

Old July 11th, 2017, 10:22 AM
"like" happy

Its funny, lately what's really been getting me on scapers is to see what you guys are doing for frostgrave. More great pics @Hahma.

I noticed something else in the description for the frostgrave cultist box. It seems there might be extra undead parts included in the box. This means, with a little customization I might be able to get a couple of skeleton/zombies out of it as well because I don't really want to have half/half undead/alive warband really.
Hahma, did the shipping take a while when you ordered?

Old July 11th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks TREX! I took a bunch more, but kept it to a dull roar when posting them here.

Actually, the only thing I got from the Northstar site was the Ulterior Motives set when they did that Nickstarter. The soldiers kit and undead kit I got from Amazon. So I don't know how long shipping will be from Northstar. Hopefully within a week.

Last edited by Hahma; July 11th, 2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old July 11th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hey @LilNewbie , are those neoprene mats that you have your terrain set up on? They look neat!

Old July 11th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Hey @LilNewbie , are those neoprene mats that you have your terrain set up on? They look neat!
First, thanks for the comments, everyone.

Hahma, the mats in the pictures are 4x4 neoprene mats mainly used for Warmachine/Hordes and we modified the setup zones for FG to create the same play space as a 3x3. Worked great. I did finally find some nice 3x3 neoprene mats but don't have any recent pictures of games using them. We found multiplayer games more manageable on 4x4 mats with the modified setup zones but two player games worked better on the 3x3s.

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures