Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles
AotP Strategy Articles AotP Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Units, Spell Cards, Game Play, etc.

Old January 1st, 2023, 11:50 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Let's talk strategy: RED

The midway point of my AotP color discussion series - red! IMO red often has the absolutely swingiest (my device is discriminating against me and telling me that's not a word) games. They can completely dominate by rolling well on 2 or 3 key attack rolls, but if they repeatedly roll less than average or if they are denied the chance to roll against big threats at all, they can be steamrolled due to general low range, low life, and low toughness. Red's creatures are all range 1, quite similar to black and white, although red has higher mobility and more movement options. Also, red's Planeswalkers all have the option of ranged attacks, and I think each of red's Planeswalkers are powerful enough in their own way.

I worked very hard on yet another tremendous success of a YouTube video which reviews pretty much everything you could ever ask for about AotP's red. Watch the first 7 minutes for my general consensus on red's strategy:

Tier list for red's spell cards:

Spoiler Alert!

Tier list for red's army cards:

Spoiler Alert!

I personally think that red (and black to an extent, since the colors' ambitions are quite parallel) is one of the friendlier colors for a new player to pick up and learn AotP with. Red is all about rolling more attack dice and dealing true damage - a simple approach to the primary goal of removing your opponent's figures from the board. On that note, I think mono-red is probably the least interesting build to play once you are familiarized with AotP, because it utterly lacks interesting mechanics; it doesn't have the trickery + denial of blue, the staying power of white, nor the general range + flexibility of green. What do you think about my rankings for red?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles