Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old August 5th, 2022, 10:59 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Re-introduction Thread

Hey, I was just wondering if there was a thread for members that used to be active in the community, but faded away, and are now coming back and want to reintroduce themselves?

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old August 5th, 2022, 11:21 AM

KRUG! knows what's in an order marker KRUG! knows what's in an order marker
Re: Re-introduction Thread

I think you just created it!

I’ve been playing ‘Scape since receiving it as a gift from my wife as a Christmas gift in 2005, which is a story unto itself. She had told me to update my Amazon wishlist as members of her out of town family were starting to shop for the holiday. At that time I knew nothing of HeroScape, having never seen or heard of it. I recall surfing Amazon looking for things to add to my list, while paying as little attention as possible to the actual task, as I worked on something else more important to me at the time. I recall the stock picture of the RotV master set catching my eye, on one of those “customers that looked at this item also looked at this item” links, and thinking to myself “Even if the game sucks, I can find some other uses for the hex terrain and all the painted figs.” So I added it to the list, promptly forgetting about it by the time I had finished adding things to my list. Flash forward to Christmas morning, my wife is super excited to give me my main present. There are several packages that, according to her, all go together so I need to open them in a specific order. The first of the packages she gives me turns out to be the RotV master set. I don’t have the “ oh wow!” Reaction she is expecting, and she is disappointed by my response of “It looks pretty groovy, but I don’t really know what this is.” she says “You had it on your wishlist, I assumed you really wanted it!” I explained how it got on my wishlist, and that I had forgotten all about it! She said “well then, you’re going to be disappointed with the rest of your gift”, as she had found that there were expansions for the game and had scrambled around trying to get me one of each that she could find. I also wound up with a RttFF, an Orm’s Return, a Drones & Minions, a Knights and The Swog Rider, a Heroes of Nostralund and a Heroes of Barrenspur. I spent the week between Christmas and New Years figuring out the game and brought it out at our annual New Year’s Eve gaming get-together. None of our friends had heard of or seen the game before and thought it was awesome. It was the only game I played all evening, and four of us actually kept playing until the sun came up on New Years Day. I found the Heroscapers website in September 2006, and, as they say, the rest is history. I’m currently working on getting back to a monthly ‘Scape day at my home in the ‘burbs north of the ATL. I’m not sure exactly how much ‘Scape I own, tons of terrain, I think all exclusive figs except Sir Hawthorn, all Unique Heroes and Squads, and three or more of all Common Squads. LOTS of Orcs and Zombies, just because. If you want an idea of the quantity of terrain I have, check out some of the pics I have in the gallery here. I’d put some more pics in the gallery, but have been unable to recall how to do it since it’s been so long since I uploaded any pics here. Planning on being more active here with the announcement of the release of new HeroScape.

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.

Last edited by KRUG!; August 8th, 2022 at 09:32 PM. Reason: To actually reintroduce myself…
Old August 5th, 2022, 11:28 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!

So I did lol. Well here goes...

Let me reintroduce myself. My name is Steve, aka "Noodles" and I am one of the original members. I was there for the .net site and was there for Rob's famous "Hot Lava Death" comment. I was very active in the community all the way until the end, so 2004 - 2012? I even worked on the Codex and reviewed expansions for the site. I consider Heroscape to be the greatest game ever and I have quite a large collection (13 master sets, 5 castle sets, 9 of all other terrain sets, some custom terrain off ebay, and 3 of every figure pack). This game really made me into the gamer that I am today and I was led to Heroscape by some of Rob and Craig's earlier games, namely Star Wars Epic Duels. However, I do not play very much anymore, although it still takes up an entire closet lol. I've always been amazed that the community continued to thrive all these years after the game stopped, and I've lurked a few times here and there, but with the latest news, I look forward to rejoining the community and being part of the ride that is Heroscape 2.0. I look forward to talking to you all and hopefully reconnecting with some long lost friends. Thanks everyone.

Old August 5th, 2022, 12:06 PM
something

I've been looking around and I see lots of names I recognize from back in the day. Wow, I can't believe you all are still here! Oh how I've missed you all.

Old August 5th, 2022, 02:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've hardly posted at all since you've been gone

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 5th, 2022, 03:19 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Welcome back, noodles!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 5th, 2022, 04:07 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

I was here from day one too... as EyeOfSauron.

I've popped in here and there over the years but have been more active on the HS Facebook group the last couple of years (I'm sorry ) just because it's easier to consume.

Somebody helped me merge my old account with this new Mythic one.

Glad to be back!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old August 5th, 2022, 07:50 PM
something

Eye of Sauron, R˙chean, IamBatman - I remember you guys. Great to hear from you again.

Old August 5th, 2022, 07:52 PM
something

Does anyone know where Malechi is? He made my avatar. It actually used to transform and have my face underneath. If you remember that, then props to you!

Old August 6th, 2022, 12:36 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great thread idea, @noodles !

I'm 'Scaper94. I lived and breathed Heroscape from about 2007/2008 to about mid-2013. During that time, my collection fluctuated from a single RotV set to probably over a dozen master sets in total and several expansions, and eventually contracting back to three or four master sets along with odds-and-ends figures. I enjoyed (and still do, when I can) building and designing battlefields and creating custom units.

The HSers community is a huge reason I was able to be "into it" for as long and as much as I was. Over the past decade, I've played the game maybe (MAYBE) a handful of times. Even so, I would periodically check in on this website - partly for old times' sake, partly to see what the community was up to. I've come to realize over the last decade that 1) the HSers community is extraordinarily unique, having continued to carry its own flame for 12 years, and 2) whether it's been 10 minutes or 10 years since I've played, my love and passion for the game will always be there.

I've missed the game and the community. Since the announcement a few days ago, I've had a complete re-ignition of excitement for the hobby. It's my great hope that the continuation is successful and pulls me back in for as long as it lasts.

tl;dr - A bunch of sappy stuff about being away from the hobby and how impressive the HS community is for continuing to go strong.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 6th, 2022, 12:00 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Great idea Noodles. I was going to say, didn't your avatar morph into your face, but you beat me to it.

I've been around since the dying days of HQ. Loved the hunt, the speculation, and playing with my son.

I don't play a lot anymore, of anything really. My son is out on his own, I'm coaching high school volleyball in the evenings for half the year, and I just don't have local friends that game to start up regular games. I've been playing through Mice and Mystics off and on with my 11 year old daughter named Lily. For some reason she likes the archer from Mice and Mystics. My son is moving in very nearby with a couple roommates. I'm in on the Thunder Road kickstarter, so I will probably rope those guys in for some games when it gets here.

I never really left Heroscapers, but I'm pretty much a lurker these days. It feels a lot like the old days again. It's a lot of fun to see.
Old August 6th, 2022, 12:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Welcome back everyone!
Especially nice see the O'Sixers.

Looking forward to more tales from long ago.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online