Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 18th, 2022, 12:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

I don't mind people asking. The legal side of this stuff won't be apparent to everybody.

But our friends here are correct. I, and we, are very lucky that Hasbro/AH has allowed me to say *anything* about what we did. I signed a non-disclosure agreement - "NDA" - that says that I have to keep all that stuff secret. But Hasbro and AH loosed the grip of that NDA and allowed me to talk about some specific things, which I've been happy to do.

I don't have the power, and the other guys on the War Council don't have the power, to reveal stuff that's outside the scope of permitted revelations. So I can't share any more cards than AH has already shared.

That said, I am deeply grateful that we got as many cards as we did, so I'm also not inclined to push for any more. I think, with the campaign as far short of the goal as it was, AH's decision to reveal many cards on the penultimate day was a gift from them to us. It was for the community.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 18th, 2022, 01:13 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I am now at liberty to explain my earlier "please wait to post Books threads" post.

The members of the War Council now have a green light to offer the slight corrections necessary to make the revealed units as accurate for you as they were for us. And you are all free to start making "Books" threads, though there should probably be some system or something, so that you aren't all stumbling all over each other.

Bear in mind, whatever you do, that these should probably not be indexed along with the "official" books, out of respect for their source. But they can certainly have their own index, and there's no reason why (for instance) synergy relationships should not cross-reference.

= =
Old November 18th, 2022, 01:19 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think that, until the site admins see fit to add a new category for any such books, they should go into the Customs subforum.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 18th, 2022, 01:23 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I think that, until the site admins see fit to add a new category for any such books, they should go into the Customs subforum.
They do seem to belong in an in between world, though, don't they. A "purgatory" subforum. *Sigh.*

= =
Old November 18th, 2022, 01:26 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
They do seem to belong in an in between world, though, don't they. A "purgatory" subforum. *Sigh.*
May I suggest a Fólkvangr subforum to go with the Valhalla subforum?
Old November 18th, 2022, 01:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Purgatory is where the cool kids hang out.
Old November 18th, 2022, 01:30 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I am now at liberty to explain my earlier "please wait to post Books threads" post.

The members of the War Council now have a green light to offer the slight corrections necessary to make the revealed units as accurate for you as they were for us. And you are all free to start making "Books" threads, though there should probably be some system or something, so that you aren't all stumbling all over each other.

Bear in mind, whatever you do, that these should probably not be indexed along with the "official" books, out of respect for their source. But they can certainly have their own index, and there's no reason why (for instance) synergy relationships should not cross-reference.
A heads up to the Admins would be nice.

I've created this forum for these threads:
Age of Annihilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 18th, 2022, 01:35 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I have total confidence in your ability to handle whatever problems I accidentally create, Q.

= =
Old November 18th, 2022, 02:43 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
The members of the War Council now have a green light to offer the slight corrections necessary to make the revealed units as accurate for you as they were for us.
WHOA! Mind blown! That is insanely awesome! Thank you to Avalon Hill / Hasbro!

The absolute best thing about this campaign was the unit designs themselves.
Old November 18th, 2022, 02:45 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Here's the corrections/changes I could find compared to what is in the Compendium.

Imperator Kayne
  • points 140 -> 130

Ordo Borealis
  • RELOAD
    If an Ordo Borealis figure does not move on its turn, it may add 6 to its Range.

Admiral EJ-1M
  • points 160 -> 170

Exiles of the Sundered Sea
  • BLACK POWDER PISTOLS
    Start the game with 3 black Powder Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may remove a Powder Marker from this card to add 4 to the Exiles of the Sundered Sea's Range number for the rest of the turn. You may only use this power once during a round.

Dreadnauts of New Tortuga
  • Attack 4 -> 3
  • points 100 -> 80

Xenithrax the Soulweaver
  • SUMMON VINES
    Xenithrax starts the game with three Xenithrax Vines Glyphs on this Army Card. Once per round, after moving and before attacking, Xenithrax may choose an empty space within 4 spaces of Xenithrax and place a Xenithrax Vines Glyph from this Army Card onto that space.

Marachott, Mind Whisperer
  • MARACHOTT'S WHISPER
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Marachott, you may choose a Unique Hero within 2 spaces of Marachott. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 3 to the roll if you control that Hero. If you roll a 16 or higher, take temporary control of that Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. After taking that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All Order Markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

Halushia, Scion of the Wild
  • points 130 -> 120
  • COMMAND FAMILIAR
    After revealing an Order Marker on Halushia, before taking Halushia's turn, you may take a turn with a small or medium Beast you control.
  • ROUSE THE GLADE
    Figures adjacent to a tree or bush roll one fewer defense dice when attacked by Halushia.
  • RIDE-BY SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 3.
    Instead of moving and attacking normally with Halushia, you may move Halushia up to 4 spaces. Halushia can attack up to 3 times with Ride-By Special Attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as Halushia is on a space where he can end his movement. Halushia cannot attack the same figure more than once in a single turn. When using Ride-By Special Attack, Halushia is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Necrotech Wraithriders
  • points 100 -> 90
  • ROLLING MOVEMENT
    A Necrotech Wraithrider cannot move onto a space more than 2 levels above its base.

Scavorith, Lord of Ruin
  • BATTLE SURGE
    After taking a turn with Scavorith, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this Army Card to take one additional turn with Scavorith. You cannot use Double Burst Special Attack on that turn. If Scavorith does not attack a figure on the additional turn, Scavorith receives one wound.

Queen Maladrix the Conqueror
  • Moved Festering Honor Guard Bonding power to be the first power listed
  • FESTERING HONOR GUARD BONDING
    After revealing an Order Marker on Queen Maladrix and before taking her turn, you may first take a turn with your Festering Honor Guard.
  • INFESTATION 9
    After taking a turn with Queen Maladrix, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Queen Maladrix that does not have a Festering Honor Guard on its Army Card and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, you may place one of your destroyed Festering Honor Guard on that Hero's Army Card.

Festering Honor Guard
  • class Minions -> Guards
  • PARASITE
    For the entire game, if one of your Festering Honor Guards is on a Unique Hero's Army Card at the end of the round, you must roll the 20-sided die for that Hero. If you roll a 17 or higher, destroy that Hero. If a Festering Honor Guard is on a Unique Hero's Army Card when that Hero is destroyed by this power, or by a normal attack, special attack, or leaving engagement attack, place that Festering Honor Guard on a space that Hero occupied, if possible.
  • MOTHERLESS RAGE
    If Queen Maladrix is in your army, when Queen Maladrix is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from Queen Maladrix's Army Card to this card. Festering Honor Guard add 1 to their Attack value if your Queen Maladrix is destroyed.
Old November 18th, 2022, 04:02 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Here's the corrections/changes I could find compared to what is in the Compendium.

Imperator Kayne
  • points 140 -> 130

Ordo Borealis
  • RELOAD
    If an Ordo Borealis figure does not move on its turn, it may add 6 to its Range.

Admiral EJ-1M
  • points 160 -> 170

Exiles of the Sundered Sea
  • BLACK POWDER PISTOLS
    Start the game with 3 black Powder Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may remove a Powder Marker from this card to add 4 to the Exiles of the Sundered Sea's Range number for the rest of the turn. You may only use this power once during a round.

Dreadnauts of New Tortuga
  • Attack 4 -> 3
  • points 100 -> 80

Xenithrax the Soulweaver
  • SUMMON VINES
    Xenithrax starts the game with three Xenithrax Vines Glyphs on this Army Card. Once per round, after moving and before attacking, Xenithrax may choose an empty space within 4 spaces of Xenithrax and place a Xenithrax Vines Glyph from this Army Card onto that space.

Marachott, Mind Whisperer
  • MARACHOTT'S WHISPER
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Marachott, you may choose a Unique Hero within 2 spaces of Marachott. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 3 to the roll if you control that Hero. If you roll a 16 or higher, take temporary control of that Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. After taking that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All Order Markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

Halushia, Scion of the Wild
  • points 130 -> 120
  • COMMAND FAMILIAR
    After revealing an Order Marker on Halushia, before taking Halushia's turn, you may take a turn with a small or medium Beast you control.
  • ROUSE THE GLADE
    Figures adjacent to a tree or bush roll one fewer defense dice when attacked by Halushia.
  • RIDE-BY SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 3.
    Instead of moving and attacking normally with Halushia, you may move Halushia up to 4 spaces. Halushia can attack up to 3 times with Ride-By Special Attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as Halushia is on a space where he can end his movement. Halushia cannot attack the same figure more than once in a single turn. When using Ride-By Special Attack, Halushia is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Necrotech Wraithriders
  • points 100 -> 90
  • ROLLING MOVEMENT
    A Necrotech Wraithrider cannot move onto a space more than 2 levels above its base.

Scavorith, Lord of Ruin
  • BATTLE SURGE
    After taking a turn with Scavorith, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this Army Card to take one additional turn with Scavorith. You cannot use Double Burst Special Attack on that turn. If Scavorith does not attack a figure on the additional turn, Scavorith receives one wound.

Queen Maladrix the Conqueror
  • Moved Festering Honor Guard Bonding power to be the first power listed
  • FESTERING HONOR GUARD BONDING
    After revealing an Order Marker on Queen Maladrix and before taking her turn, you may first take a turn with your Festering Honor Guard.
  • INFESTATION 9
    After taking a turn with Queen Maladrix, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Queen Maladrix that does not have a Festering Honor Guard on its Army Card and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, you may place one of your destroyed Festering Honor Guard on that Hero's Army Card.

Festering Honor Guard
  • class Minions -> Guards
  • PARASITE
    For the entire game, if one of your Festering Honor Guards is on a Unique Hero's Army Card at the end of the round, you must roll the 20-sided die for that Hero. If you roll a 17 or higher, destroy that Hero. If a Festering Honor Guard is on a Unique Hero's Army Card when that Hero is destroyed by this power, or by a normal attack, special attack, or leaving engagement attack, place that Festering Honor Guard on a space that Hero occupied, if possible.
  • MOTHERLESS RAGE
    If Queen Maladrix is in your army, when Queen Maladrix is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from Queen Maladrix's Army Card to this card. Festering Honor Guard add 1 to their Attack value if your Queen Maladrix is destroyed.
Thank you so much for posting these, I appreciate it immensely. Does the War Council also have permission for providing the information behind the Vorid Glide Strikers and Haluchott, Corruptor of Beasts, since those cards were seen accidently on the Compendium site before corrections were made? Wanted to ask but there's no negative feelings if it's a no, this is a massive privilege as is, and I am still grateful.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old November 18th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
Thank you so much for posting these, I appreciate it immensely. Does the War Council also have permission for providing the information behind the Vorid Glide Strikers and Haluchott, Corruptor of Beasts, since those cards were seen accidently on the Compendium site before corrections were made? Wanted to ask but there's no negative feelings if it's a no, this is a massive privilege as is, and I am still grateful.
No, those were never revealed, so we can't say anything about them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion