Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 9th, 2022, 03:38 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

@wriggz there is an Aquilla kyrie in the set.
Old October 9th, 2022, 03:51 PM

GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Id be much more annoyed if this set had new hivelord, more WWII troops, zulu warriors, the ninth wizard or Aquilla kyrie. Maybe that's the set that more people would want, but that's the set I'd cry over.
I think this is what they missed. Historical. Marro. Kyrie. Classic. Terrain. Squads.
Old October 9th, 2022, 04:30 PM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

This unique set brings me back to the days the unique packs crowded the shelves and never sold. There is minimal need or desire to buy multiples of this set which might be a reason it’s not going gangbusters on HasLab. I think that also causes issue with the high price as we know what unique packs did to our beloved game.

How will they justify such a high price for this set in the stores? It was an affordable impulse purchase back in the day, this set is an expensive gamble, especially for those that don’t know the game. I fear this’ll be another nail for the coffin on a game that’s been exhumed.
Old October 9th, 2022, 05:10 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I’m not sure why there’s a question about commons - ROTV was entirely Uniques, and SOTM had two of each common so you didn’t *need* to double up on uniques. The fact that BFTU only came with one squad of drow was a strike against it.

Any hypothetical master set was going to be entirely or almost entirely uniques.
Old October 9th, 2022, 05:12 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

The uniques clogged up shelf space in classic because they were bundled 1:1 with commons. They’ve said commons are on the way - I don’t think that mistake will be repeated when they are.

Also, RE: store shelves - I would extremely doubt these will be on Walmart shelves again. This is going to be in FLGS, where big purchases like this are, mostly, par for the course.
Old October 9th, 2022, 05:13 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
Quote:
Id be much more annoyed if this set had new hivelord, more WWII troops, zulu warriors, the ninth wizard or Aquilla kyrie. Maybe that's the set that more people would want, but that's the set I'd cry over.
I think this is what they missed. Historical. Marro. Kyrie. Classic. Terrain. Squads.
There are 7(!) Kyrie and 1 Marro figure in this set. More Kyrie & Marro figures combined than we got in Rise of the Valkyrie! Plus, the never-produced Aquilla and Vydar Kyrie!

I'm psyched.
Old October 9th, 2022, 05:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I’m not sure why there’s a question about commons - ROTV was entirely Uniques, and SOTM had two of each common so you didn’t *need* to double up on uniques. The fact that BFTU only came with one squad of drow was a strike against it.

Any hypothetical master set was going to be entirely or almost entirely uniques.
It's because this isn't a Master Set and this isn't on store shelves. It's an attempt to raise funds to resurrect the game by being as profitable as possible.

RotV was a loss leader. Why are they using their least profitable model to try to raise a huge amount of money? The logic doesn't track.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 9th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
Quote:
There are 7(!) Kyrie and 1 Marro figure in this set. More Kyrie & Marro figures combined than we got in Rise of the Valkyrie! Plus, the never-produced Aquilla and Vydar Kyrie!

I'm psyched.
Right, but those are the exception not the rule. I'm happy to see those figures, like ecstatic, but I won't feel like I missed something if this fails in the same way I'd be missing swarm of the marro or wave 10. I guess I feel the same as D&D scape, if I missed that release it would have sucked but not broke my collection.

Also those kyrie are one offs not the missing vydar squads or un released moontribe.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 9th, 2022, 05:22 PM

The fact that they’re measuring buyers and not money tells me it’s more about “how many people are interested” (again the loss leading model that ROTV used) and not “how much can we make.”
Old October 9th, 2022, 05:30 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
The fact that they’re measuring buyers and not money tells me it’s more about “how many people are interested” (again the loss leading model that ROTV used) and not “how much can we make.”
But they're *not* measuring buyers, they're measuring purchases, which isn't a measure of people interested, it's a measure of interest in the $250 bundle.

I would argue (as have many others here and elsewhere) that there are a fair bit more people interested in the overall product than in the specific bundle. I've also seen the assumption stated almost universally that this exact bundle is very unlikely to be sold on store shelves, which makes the specific measurement a bit pointless.

But I've said all of this before and do apologize for being repetitive.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 9th, 2022, 05:32 PM

Also, sorry, not to drive the point home too much, but whenever you ask them about the goal that's been set so high, they talk about the cost of metal tooling and production and so forth. That sounds like a campaign that needs to raise a certain amount of money to me.

Old October 9th, 2022, 05:34 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I've been vocal on the FB on the issues I've had with this campaign.

For me, the biggest deterrent from backing it is there's just nothing for me in that set outside of maybe the nicer walls. As a C3G guy, I have no need for any of the figures. But sure, maybe I go through the trouble to resell them and instead go in for the terrain. However, outside of those fancy new walls, I have all of that terrain. I have bins filled with it, more than I'll ever need.

Had they offered more unique terrain that we could design around or that looks super cool, hey, now you may have my interest in biting the bullet here. But that's not the case. All the terrain is as standard as it gets. So for me, as a long time player and supporter, I'm basically being asked to throw money away if I want the chance of new cool things down the road. Which even that, isn't a guarantee. For all we know we're just getting more greatest hits as far as terrain is concerned. Fresh lava and sand and snow, with no real unique objects or terrain at play. So it's been pretty lackluster from every angle, both in terms of appealing to new fans and torchbearers whove already amassed a collection of this stuff.

All of this could have been alleviated if they had options. If I could have just bought the terrain, even with the stuff I don't really need, for $100 let's say, and then help back it in the process, I would have done so by now, just in hopes of a more interesting future and new possibilities for us to design around.

I hope them saying they're listening, they are aware of their shortcomings, and that they plan to course correct as soon as realistically feasible, means we actually see a shift in approach here. But action means everything here, from their end first, if they then want action from ours.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion