Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

View Poll Results: Do You Back the New Marvel Heroscape?
Yes 204 71.83%
No 80 28.17%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 20th, 2006, 07:45 PM

Roweiser is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Marvel Heroscape

...all but confirmed. Shame on this guy for posting to BGG before here

Quote:
I'm at San Diego ComciCon and the Hasbro booth has a display of a set labeled "Marvel Heroscape". The characters I rememebr are:
Hulk, Abomination, Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman, Venom, Silver Surfer, Thantos. The terrain looked standard but there were ruins of modern buildings in the display. I think it will be a new base set. I was told by one of the booth bunnies that it is suppost to come out in Spring 2007. I'll report back more when I have a chance to see the display again tomorrow.

Last edited by mark_biggar on Today 05:41 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
Old July 20th, 2006, 07:54 PM

Runehardt has disabled reputation
Re: Marvel Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roweiser
...all but confirmed. Shame on this guy for posting to BGG before here

Quote:
I'm at San Diego ComciCon and the Hasbro booth has a display of a set labeled "Marvel Heroscape". The characters I rememebr are:
Hulk, Abomination, Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman, Venom, Silver Surfer, Thantos. The terrain looked standard but there were ruins of modern buildings in the display. I think it will be a new base set. I was told by one of the booth bunnies that it is suppost to come out in Spring 2007. I'll report back more when I have a chance to see the display again tomorrow.

Last edited by mark_biggar on Today 05:41 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
Very Cool! At least it shows that Heroscape is still "growing". I wonder if this is the "big Heroscape news" I was hearing about being released at Comic Con????
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
All I can say is "Damn you!! Damn you all to hell!"

why bring in well known comic figures? They will never be able to make everyone happy. The units will either be TOO STRONG or too weak.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama

why bring in well known comic figures? They will never be able to make everyone happy. The units will either be TOO STRONG or too weak.
Bah! It says he thinks they are doing a seperate Master Set. So long as they aren't mixing them in with regular units you can just avoid that side of the game. I for one would be down with playing a game of super hero battle without it being the lame clix system.
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
True, Hahn, not everyone will be pleased with all the characters...but this should be great!

Sounds like a separate game system too, with the modern city ruins. I just hope it stays simple. This will be on my list of must haves...now I need to keep my clix for customs.

Just think how far ahead of expansions we will be with good custom stats using Heroclix figures. And as soon as rules are posted we can play test on our Valhalla scape boards!

Would be great to see Hulk from Planet Hulk!
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:22 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
If Captain America can beat the great Sgt. Drake one on one: I quit
If the heroes are all about 200 points: I quit
If Ironman is a soulborg: I quit
And if they abandon 'classic' heroscape for rebranded crap: I cry

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:23 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
So long as they aren't mixing them in with regular units you can just avoid that side of the game. I for one would be down with playing a game of super hero battle without it being the lame clix system.
That is the absolute key here - can you imagine the absurdity of the Hulk going up against Mimring, or Marcus?

As longtime HS fans know, there's little chance of them being costed properly to coincide with official units unless they completely nerf their powers, but a stand-alone supers-only expansion (or Master Set) may work.

I don't think of that as Heroscape, being on a different power-scale, but if it's by the original designers, it probably would be fun.

But guys -

What if it isn't made by Craig and Rob? (Monty Python-esque sound effect **DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!** )
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:23 PM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?
I think my kids will be more excited about this than I'm going to be.

This has the smell of one of those decisions made by some marketing guy who's maybe not all that in touch with his customers (assuming that the folks here at 'Scapers really represent their customer base). If it helps them somehow solve all of their HS distribution issues it'll be good, if it pushes Wave 6 or 7 or other expansions off the shelf at Target it'll be bad.
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Grindmaster

Reap- I'll call Oog and make sure he asks if Craig and Rob will be doing it. And tell him to get shots of any prototypes.
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:27 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
The sad part is that I think HSers.com isnt their customer base (even though we love it most) and even if we are, Hasbro is likely right that Marvelscape will make them more $$$

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderM9
I think my kids will be more excited about this than I'm going to be.

This has the smell of one of those decisions made by some marketing guy who's maybe not all that in touch with his customers (assuming that the folks here at 'Scapers really represent their customer base).
Spiderman's not excited?

Actually I think this will increase their customer base. I know guys who only play comic style games.
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama

Bah! It says he thinks they are doing a seperate Master Set. So long as they aren't mixing them in with regular units you can just avoid that side of the game.
But it doesn't say "not compatible with Rise of the Valkerie Universe?" Or maybe it does and we just don't know yet. Marvel units in the current game would be a buzz kill. Just imagiine a Hulk with comic book stats.

You finally really did it.....You Maniacs! You blew it up!

-Hahn so very very tired form the turn and burn.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News