Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 16th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Varkaanan Blade Dancers

The link to download the printable card version of this needs to be updated. It says I don't have permissions to access it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 17th, 2018, 12:06 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Remove the &act=down" from the URL https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=3407.
Calling Mods: @Sherman Davies , @Dad_Scaper , @superfrog , @Porkins
Old September 17th, 2018, 12:07 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'll get to it tomorrow.
Old September 17th, 2018, 12:47 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don't trust a Steelers fan to handle anything so complex, so I did it myself. Thanks for letting us know!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 10th, 2020, 11:21 AM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The real question is whether it would trigger the Cathar's Braced Spear. I'd guess not, based on a ruling in their book about them being "continuously engaged" when figures switch with Barge into Battle or the like.

Does it means that a flying figure engaged to a Cathar Spearman, that flyes and land engaged to it rolls for disengaging but do not triggers again Braced Spears ?
IMO you would not roll for Braced Spears simply because the Spearmen Card reads, "when an opponents figure moves adjacent to a previously unengaged Cathar Spearmen". Seems to me if the VBD was already engaged, then the "previously unengaged" clause does not qualify. I would also see this the same for flying.
Old May 10th, 2020, 11:41 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
DEFENSIVE VAULT
After a Varkaanan Blade Dancer rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent opponent's figure, if she is still adjacent to the attacking figure, you may place that Varkaanan Blade Dancer on any other space adjacent to the attacking figure, if possible. A Varkaanan Blade Dancer does not take any leaving engagement attacks when using Defensive Vault.
The wording suggests the Blade Dancer is leaving the engagement with the attacking figure. So, if a Blade Dancer uses DV after being attacked by a Cathar Spearman, the Dancer vaults - leaving the engagement but taking no leaving engagement attacks - and lands adjacent to the same spearman. Since the Dancer left the engagement, the spearman is not "previously engaged" and Braced Spear should activate again - unless the spearman is engaged with another figure at the same time.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 10th, 2020, 02:48 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
DEFENSIVE VAULT
After a Varkaanan Blade Dancer rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent opponent's figure, if she is still adjacent to the attacking figure, you may place that Varkaanan Blade Dancer on any other space adjacent to the attacking figure, if possible. A Varkaanan Blade Dancer does not take any leaving engagement attacks when using Defensive Vault.
The wording suggests the Blade Dancer is leaving the engagement with the attacking figure. So, if a Blade Dancer uses DV after being attacked by a Cathar Spearman, the Dancer vaults - leaving the engagement but taking no leaving engagement attacks - and lands adjacent to the same spearman. Since the Dancer left the engagement, the spearman is not "previously engaged" and Braced Spear should activate again - unless the spearman is engaged with another figure at the same time.
That's how I would rule it too.

Old May 19th, 2020, 11:14 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

If barge into battle doesn't trigger it, then defensive vault shouldn't either. The no leaving engagement part, at least in my opinion, is referring to other figures the blade dancer might also be engaged with, and not with the figure they are defending against.
Old May 19th, 2020, 12:09 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
If barge into battle doesn't trigger it, then defensive vault shouldn't either. The no leaving engagement part, at least in my opinion, is referring to other figures the blade dancer might also be engaged with, and not with the figure they are defending against.
That may be the intent, but since it doesn't specify any figures, without an official ruling from C3V, I'm not sure that is a valid assumption. I'll stick by what's on the card which suggests that the Blade Dancer is leaving engagement then returning to engagement in completing the vault. I would be happy for the C3V team to make an official ruling, even if it contradicts my interpretation of the wording.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old June 26th, 2020, 06:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
DEFENSIVE VAULT
The wording suggests the Blade Dancer is leaving the engagement with the attacking figure.
No, it doesn't (mean to) suggest that. It simply means that she doesn't take leaving engagement attacks. A VBD could easily be engaged with two enemy figures when Defensive Vault triggers, and end the movement engaged with just one of them. In that case, she would not take a LEA from the figure she is no longer engaged with.

Moving from one space adjacent to a figure to another cannot trigger an engagement strike from that figure, whether that figure is a Cathar Spearman or a Nakita Agent. Defensive Vault is no different than walking around a figure in this regard.

The exception here is flying, and similarly worded abilities like Stealth Leap and Grapple Arm. These powers explicitly break engagement when the movement begins, so using them to move from one side of Arkmer to the other would trigger a fresh engagement strike.
Old June 26th, 2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Quote:
DEFENSIVE VAULT
The wording suggests the Blade Dancer is leaving the engagement with the attacking figure.
No, it doesn't (mean to) suggest that. It simply means that she doesn't take leaving engagement attacks. A VBD could easily be engaged with two enemy figures when Defensive Vault triggers, and end the movement engaged with just one of them. In that case, she would not take a LEA from the figure she is no longer engaged with.

Moving from one space adjacent to a figure to another cannot trigger an engagement strike from that figure, whether that figure is a Cathar Spearman or a Nakita Agent. Defensive Vault is no different than walking around a figure in this regard.

The exception here is flying, and similarly worded abilities like Stealth Leap and Grapple Arm. These powers explicitly break engagement when the movement begins, so using them to move from one side of Arkmer to the other would trigger a fresh engagement strike.
It may not have meant to, but it still suggests that the Dancer is vaulting over the figure (kinda like flying over it and leaving engagement) not moving around it. All that said, if your statement reflects an official C3V ruling, case closed, moving on. You do have a C3V badge, after all. Could we get that added to the OP?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old June 26th, 2020, 06:59 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Quote:
DEFENSIVE VAULT

So @quozl and @superfrog were incorrect a couple pages back? I'm also assuming then that this new ruling would also extend to all "placement" powers (for example, if Emiroon summoned an elf that was next to a Nikita, and ended up placing the elf in a different space adjacent to the same Nikita, her engagement strike would not activate?)

In my opinion, @quozl 's ruling makes more sense to me in terms of how I've always understood the logic of "placing" to work. The logic being that I've always understood "placed" units to occupy an indeterminate "inbetween space" between being placed, similar to how flying works when you really get into the nitty-gritty of it.

Which also explains why by default falling damage doesn't apply to placed figures.

With this new ruling, that begs the question of why exactly a placed figure wouldn't receive falling damage by default, if the placement constitues a direct movement and not movement to an "inbetween space" first?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs