Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 29th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Good points with Gormuun...I'll run some more tests and see how he fares.
I was aware of the figure already being considered It was kind of too late by the time I found out, so I decided to stick with it anyway b/c I really like my version for the figure...but I'll get to use him as C3V anyway once he's released so win-win.

Aeson is, of all my customs, I think the one I'm most set on trying to submit...and I feel pretty confident about his figure and also what he brings to the table with his abilities. So I'll playtest him more and see if I can't make any final adjustments...but we'll see...tbh though I'm only partially aware of how to do SoV Submissions...so I'll have to research that a little more too.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 30th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Someone made a point calculator.

Probably in the Software area.
Giantslayer's Valuation System, though this is designed for Marvel heroes, the point evaluation should be close.
Thread link

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 21st, 2016, 12:19 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Got a couple of new customs down the pipeline. Tell me what you think?! Anything I'm missing on these? Wording make sense etc? Points values?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 21st, 2016, 01:40 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Got a couple of new customs down the pipeline. Tell me what you think?! Anything I'm missing on these? Wording make sense etc? Points values?

I like the mechanics/theme on this guy. (And the sculpt - it's one I've thought about picking up.) I think stat-wise he looks okay; pretty tanky, especially for a bonding hero, but only getting one attack per turn reels him in a lot. Is he double-spaced? I feel like that would help reel him in as well, though whether that would be too much reeling or not I'm not sure. Either way, super interesting dude who I'd be willing to try out.

The one issue I have is his Collect the Dead power. First, being able to move him up to 4 spaces away and up to 4 levels above his base seems like a lot - that's basically 7 move to a normally 5 move figure. Though now that I'm thinking about that it does kind of make sense thematically as a big guy eager to grab dead guys. Mechanically it still seems like a lot though, as he could barge into the middle of an opponent's army and hold them down while Arrow Gruts shoot them. But that's less of an issue than the other one I see:
Putting any figure onto his card messes with a lot of other special powers. What if it's one of the Viking Heroes who has a spirit? Does Bolg take it and the bonus? What if it's a Zombie and its Zombie buds kill a guy? Can it be taken from Bolg's card? Can Kurrok summon Elementals from him? What about the Skeletons of Annellintia and their Necromancy power? It's just a list of complications. You could just say that Bolg's power overrides theirs, and there's a certain thematic element to that, but that could be potentially really frustrating for the opponent, especially because it's anytime a figure is destroyed, and not just when Bolg does it, meaning they have to watch out for everything. I do really like the mechanics and theme of his two powers though! They definitely make for a really cool and scary figure to fight against, really capture the theme of the mini.

Also, side note on "when a figure is destroyed"-esque powers - it might be good to specify "destroyed by a normal or special attack." Otherwise you get into figures being destroyed by leaving engagement attacks, which can be potentially messy as you figure out what space it was actually destroyed on, the one it moved onto or the one it moved from. Just a case that was always sidestepped in Classic 'Scape by specifying the kinds of attacks.
Quote:
Again, I love the sculpt! Which sculpt is this guy? I'd love another good minotaur (I have Asterios, but I'm always down for more minotaur action). Overall I really like this guy too. He makes me think of a bonding version of Rampage who just went through the SoV process. Rampage didn't make it, so any reservations I have about Rakkus come from the similarities. I'm not sure if you followed what happened with Rampage, but basically they found that the pros from Rage far outwayed the cons. Rakkus seems somewhat similar (he also gets the +2 move/attack for -2 defense), but potentially more balanced (he doesn't have Warforged Resolve, only has 6 life, and has a Special Attack that wants him to be in the middle of a group; that said, he does bond which gives him guys to protect him). Overall, he's definitely another guy I'd try out. I would watch out for Blind Fury being potentially too good, but I think that his vulnerability and higher cost evens it out pretty well, so my take right now is that he looks pretty spot on.

Side note - you want "affected" in the special attack instead of "effected."

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; October 21st, 2016 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Huh, those first paragraphs are centered for some reason. I have no idea how that happened...
Old October 21st, 2016, 11:45 AM

@BiggaBullfrog thank you for your insights! Very good points. With Bolg, his ability to move 4 spaces would only ever happen on an off turn (when my own units die, or when one of my other units kills something), when an arrow grut kills something (and he would have already taken his turn at this point), or when he kills something (and he'd only move one space). Keep in mind, he cannot use his ability if he already has 2 figures in his army card. So as far as his ability to move for the special is concerned I'm not too worried about it, BUT I agree with potentially adding the ability activated ONLY when a figure is killed by a normal attack. As for the figure issue...that I'll resolve by having the player place a "black corpse marker" on the army card instead of the figure, b/c you are very right about the potential issues with having an opponents figure on his card. Overall, he is meant to be Tanky. I want him strong enough to stand on his own and just be a heavy on the battlefield. But, if he's too effective with his bonding than I might consider changing what he is, and I wouldn't be to worried about that b/c I built him to stand on his own. His feet are close enough I planned on making him a single spaced figure on a large base.

As for Rakkus his figure is MINOTAUR 43/45 Icons the Realm Monster Menagerie D&D Dungeons and Dragons. I'm probably going to change him from beast b/c thematically it doesnt make sense to me to have him bond with gruts. So that will change, but overall I felt pretty good about him. The main thing is I imagine his blind fury ability used as more of an assassination tactic more than anything. Not to be used often. He's also double spaced. And thanks for the grammar correction Compared to Rampage, I can see why there might be similar reservations...but they are very different. Being a double spaced figure, Rakkus will have more difficulty utilizing the ability as much as a single base. He also does not have warforged resolve or 7 life and I think for those points, he is more balanced. I see myself using his ability on a turn 3 of the round to run in and go crazy rather than make him vulnerable for the whole round.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 21st, 2016, 12:37 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart

While my insights are not as articulated biggabullfrog, I like the customs. Love the body collector mechanic and his entire feel. What's the figure you used? I do feel like his points are a little low for a 6 health five atk, 5 def, that could block all damage from one attack. Against squads not so useful against other large figures seems kinda powerful. However I am not well acquainted with competitive scape and how these abilities would play out on a high level of play, nor with costing appropriately.

Chance we'll see these customs in an upcoming battle?
Old October 21st, 2016, 01:37 PM

Thank you @Smurf_Scape , I'm very happy with him as well. His figure is the "Cadaver Collector". I agree his points may be too low, but I don't imagine him going much over 160. At this point probably no video. I'll do videos of my customs when I feel they are already balanced and ready for the spotlight. But, that's a good reminder b/c I do need to do another video with a custom and there are a few that I have that could be ready for that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 21st, 2016, 03:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I love the Bolg Collector mini. It looks sweet. As far as the ideas for him go, they are quite thematic, but I find him to be quite a bit off in points. With 5 Attack and 5 defense with him constantly shedding his corpse shields, this guy will never die. He gets to constantly keep corpses on his person whether he kills it, a buddy kills it, or his buddy dies. Then he gets to move over to pick up a new one. If you ran this guy straight in, then followed up by bringing your commons in behind him he'd never run out of shields. For 140 pts his stats are too high for what he gets to do. Also, leaving engagement attacks are not specified when he picks up a new shield. I love the idea, and the sculpt, with the theme, but it needs some work. There also should be some kind of limitations on what he uses as his shield.
EDIT: Also just noticed this guy bonds with arrow gruts? That makes him even more powerful. Undead beast is a bit strange. If I bonded him with anything, it'd be death knights if possible. But with the bonding, I'd say he should get a stat makeover even more.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 21st, 2016, 03:58 PM

@TREX I agree. As discussed with Biggabullfrog bonding will either be removed or changed to death knights (your idea). I agree a small/medium figure limitation would be appropriate as well considering it'd be weird for him to collect Charos' body and lug that around. Thank for pointing out the engagement situation, im undecided on that front...I'll have to think on that more. Thoughts on that?

As far as points, are you thinking more like 180-200 is appropriate?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 22nd, 2016, 09:42 PM

Here's an updated version with some of your ( @TREX , @BiggaBullfrog , @Smurf_Scape ) suggestions. I added some key wording to how the mechanic for "collect the dead" works and made the "corpse shield" still thematic but not too OP. Made him a Monster since that's still kind of like a Beast I guess but keeps him from bonding with Gruts, and instead made it more thematic for him to bond with death knights.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 23rd, 2016, 01:00 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

That Bolg looks a lot better! Using markers is a great idea, I'm not sure why I didn't think to suggest that myself.
The only further suggestion I have right off the bat is that with the new wording for Corpse Shield, I would say "ignore one wound" instead of "remove." Two reasons, one, it's more in line with official wording on similar powers, and two (and more importantly), saying "remove" implies that the wounds are first placed, and if Bolg would be destroyed by the wounds then he wouldn't be able to then use his power to come back, because powers stop working after the figure dies (unless specifically stated otherwise). Unless, of course, you want the wounds to be placed first in that scenario to weaken him a bit.

For Rakkus, I didn't realize he's double-spaced. That definitely helps to keep his cost down a bit. Then when I was further thinking about the comparison to Rampage I realized that another thing that made Rampage so strong was that he basically gets a double attack that's even stronger when he's raging. Rakkus doesn't though - his multi-attack his Special so it's never modified. So when I thought of that, the points seemed a lot better on Rakkus than I initially thought (and I initially thought they were pretty close, so that's even better).

Great customs with both of these!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 23rd, 2016, 01:30 AM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart

Thanks for mentioning me, feels weirdly wonderful. I would agree with biggas ignore vs remove wound comment. I notice the text looks tight already and could be a reason for your current wording. If that is the case you could remove "Bolg may not use Collect the Dead if he already has 2 corpse makers on his army card or if the destroyed figures was 3 or more levels below or above his base."
I feel like that is predominately a redundant phrase, however with removing it I believe he would still be able to move into a space where a figure just died. I don't think that would be thematically bad, like he mad dashed for the corpse but it got summoned/destroyed beyond appealing to him.

Alternatively I just thought that instead of making a 2 cap, you could require him to reveal an "X" order marker to be able to move and pick up a corpse. Limiting the amount of shields he could get within a turn, and offering a bit more "strategic balance" the ability (if that makes sense to anyone besides myself).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards