Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:13 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
MEATSACK CONTROL
Heh

...yeah I'm not totally happy with that power name

What's up with claymation?
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Okay so here's what we discussed in the Discord.

In order to most accurately represent the myriad of powers each Jedi/Sith has at their disposal, we devised a system that’s a sort of hybrid between the spell system and utility belt system. The key element every Jedi and Sith card would have would be the Force User power;
Quote:
FORCE USER #
At the start of the game, before Order Markers are place, you may place up to # different Force Power cards next to this card. This figure may use Special Powers on those Force Power cards as if they were their own.
Figures would then have a different levels of Force User depending on that character’s mastery of the Force, most likely on a scale of 1 to 3. Some examples;
Quote:
Force User 1: ESB Luke, Darth Maul
Force User 2: ROTJ Luke, Darth Vader
Force User 3: Yoda Emperor Palpatine
There could also be a Force Sensitive power to represent those who are connected to the force but aren’t trained in it (ANH Luke, Kid Anakin, Leia)

Light Side and Dark Side would be represented through classes. Both sides would have 2 or 3 different classes that their members would fall into. There’s still some debate about what those could be, but it might look something like this;
Quote:
JEDI
-Padawan
-Knight
-Master

SITH
-Acolyte
-Apprentice
-Lord
Force Powers can key in on those classes if they want to reference a Light Side User or a Dark Side User. The current plan is to have all Force Users be able to use all Force Powers, but have them be more effective when using Force Powers that have the same alignment as them.

Here are 3 examples of what Force Powers could look like;
Quote:
FORCE LEAP (a neutral power with no Light/Dark alignment)
Instead of their normal move, this figure may use Force Leap. Force Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Force Leap, ignore elevations. This figure may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Figures with the Force User 1 special power may not leap more than 6 levels up or down in a single leap. Figures with the Force User 2 special power may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. When using Force Leap, this figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Quote:
FORCE HEALING (a Light Side power)
Once per round, instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose either this figure or an adjacent figure. Roll the 20-sdied die, adding 3 to the roll if this figure has the Force User 2 special power or 6 to the roll if this figure has the Force User 3 special power. If you roll 12 or higher, remove one wound from the chosen figure’s card, or 2 wounds if this figure is a Padawan, Knight, or Master.
Quote:
FORCE CHOKE (a Dark Side power)
Instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose any figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure. Roll an unblockable attack die against the defending figure, or 2 unblockable attack dice if this figure is an Acolyte, Apprentice, or Lord. If this figure is Darth Vader, you may count all Blanks rolled as Skulls.
These probably need adjustment for balance/ just in general. They’re more proof of concept than an attempt at finished designs.

Hopefully that gets the idea across, and if I missed something, somebody else can hop in and clarify.
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Karat and I also previously discussed a different Force Sensitive power that would be like Magical Defense (not in mechanics) but in terms of being a power itself (D20 manipulation) that could be a connecting point for the Force Cards system the way Magical Defense is for the Spell Cards. So then you could, theoretically, play the Force Users without those additional Force Powers (which would have associated costs, like the Spell system).

You also didn't mention thoughts on Lightsabers as Equipment Glyphs. I really dig that one.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds a lot like HoSS.
I am looking more for a reason on why we should do this and not how.
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:52 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

#1 reason: So Batman can pick up a lightsaber at some point in my C3G journey.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Honestly, this to me feels, more than anything, like another good case for mixing. Admittedly I don't know the source-material, but are the HoSS cards that far off what you'd want to play with superheroes? Their Darth Vaders are 220 and 230 points respectively, so not exactly kept to a low level. Jedi Knight Luke is 200 on the dot. They have more characters and more versions of some of the more important characters than we'd ever do. The only thing that seems to not quite fit is that the bounty hunters wouldn't quite fit with C3G's established Bounty Hunter system and wouldn't synergise with characters who have bounty hunter synergy in C3G, or vice versa... one house rule later are we golden. If I ever started to care about this setting and these characters, I know what I'd do.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 13th, 2019, 01:04 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Sounds a lot like HoSS.
I am looking more for a reason on why we should do this and not how.
Could you explain how this is like the HoSS system in your eyes? They have 2 force symbols that are essentially the equivalent of our Superstrength and Flying symbols. Then, the rest of the force powers go on the individual character’s cards, leading to very specific and particular takes on the characters. That’s the charm of HoSS to me, they’re focused on one thing so they can provide a really in-depth approach to that thing. This proposed system would allow each Force User to pick what powers they want from a larger pool, so you could play as “leaping around and reflecting lasers” Obi-Wan or “throwing objects around” Obi-Wan or “meditating and turning into a ghost” Obi-Wan all with the same design.

Despite talking about it so much, I’m still kind of on the fence with Star Wars. I personally have no problem just mixing HoSS and C3G. I’ve done it before and I think it plays fine. But the argument for C3G Star Wars is that the HoSS units aren’t costed or designed for C3G. Units like Darth Vader aren’t as powerful as they would be in C3G terms, and units like the Stormtroopers don’t play well with C3G’s hero-heavy metagame.
Old March 13th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I have some pretty serious reservations about this while HoSS is around, as well. If we were to vote right now, I would probably land on the 'nay' side of the fence.

Any pitch for Star Wars in C3G would have to lean on significant differentiation from HoSS (in order to sell me on the idea, at least), so the 'how' would need to be part of that pitch. I don't mind seeing people working some ideas around to see what works and if there's something people could get into.

I definitely don't consider the question of whether or not this is a good idea, even if we have a pitch for the mechanics that we like and the HoSS guys don't mind, to be a settled question.
Old March 13th, 2019, 01:14 PM

Definitely and whole-heartedly agree.

Old March 13th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

And that is my entire point. We should have never got to discussing mechanics and contacting HoSS before discussing if this is something we should do.
Old March 13th, 2019, 01:24 PM

But how can we have that last discussion without, in part, gauging HoSS's reaction? There's a mile-wide difference between asking them for permission and seeing what they would think of us doing it. I think Karat is clearly doing the latter.

Old March 13th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Just A Head

X-post from the Hangout thread; An alternative idea I had that might be worth considering; What about a crossover? We work with the HoSS folks (if they want to, of course) to convert a few of their designs for the most iconic characters into the C3G style. Same basic powers, but amp the power levels up and make certain changes. For example, the Force Push symbol becomes the SS Symbol. Include a link in the book to the original HoSS card and it will serve as a bit of cross-promotion.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy