Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 24th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Explorers and serpent king

Welcome back to TAF's Customs! Today we've got a few more Bragi units, as well as another big snake for Ullar.

Character Bio: Ever wonder how Vipers are made? Well, you'll wish you hadn't once you see the Salizite Warlord in action. This ancient Viper beast literally peels off its young as it takes damage, the snakes forming around it particularly violently in a watery environment. Should a Viper ever live long enough, it will eventually become one of these monsters. Hailing from the planet Marr, however, one should come to expect such monstrosities.

The Salizite Warlord is a big baddie rivaling Charos in Life. Its Defense of 2 doesn't hold up as well, however. But that's okay, because that helps its Disperse Birth take effect, allowing the Warlord to respawn Viper Scouts (Venocs) with every wound it takes, having a higher chance of success in water. With Viper Defense Enhancement, spawned Vipers will have a better chance of survival. Slither is a given. The Salizite Warlord is a powerful tool in any Viper Arsenal, and it is a good bonding option for the Armocs (who still need the help). Melee Squads should reduce the amount of free space there is for spawning Vipers, however. He can be worth his points considering how many vipers he can resurrect, but his survivability is pretty poor, even with 9 life.

Character Bio: Windom Arkan is a Human Battle Mage whose quest for knowledge could possibly rival his own General. Skilled in many arts, Windom is a powerful wizard in his own right, a gift he uses to defend Valhalla from evil. The Battle Mage's intellect is also just as good an ally as any, saving many from a needless end.

This Human Battle Mage is another handy 90-point Hero to have around. With Piercing Magic Special Attack, he can potentially fell two targets with one blow, so long as they line up right. His Insight Aura also lowers the chance of springing traps when he is nearby. He brings a powerful Special Attack into any army for relatively cheap, so he can be an invaluable asset so long as you keep him unengaged.

Character Bio: These Portuguese Explorers sailed the ocean blue many a century ago and never returned. Valuing their keen intellect and curiosity, Bragi summoned them to Valhalla to recruit them for his own expeditions and research. The Lavrador Explorers make for good scouts and swift soldiers, and they can fight with a dangerous vigor when need be.

The Lavrador Explorers are a decently cheap ranged squad who have a number of uses. With Track Company, they can increase their move to 7 so long as they end adjacent to other explorers, making them swift scouts when unengaged and sticking together. If an enemy gets aggressive, the Lavrador Explorers can retaliate with Perceived Threat. This combined with their good move can often ensure height, buffing their poor attack from 1 to a far more reasonable 3. Keep in mind however that Perceived Threat only works on the turn prior, so it's much more difficult to set up for games with 3+ players.

Well, that's all for today. Comment and stuff, and I'll be back with more later!

~TAF

(figures used: D&D Minis
Salizite Warlord = Yuan-ti Anathema
Windom Arkan = Tomebound Arcanist)

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 3rd, 2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old April 27th, 2015, 04:27 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Titan and Elemental

Hello again. I'm back with some more Bragi and Xenothea units: 2 big guys to be exact.

Character Bio: This Titan is another beast to be feared. Armed with dangerous alchemical potions lining every fingertip, the Alchemy Titan can transmute its victims' very being with a mere scratch. Even if you survive this, don't consider yourself safe just yet--the Titan can also absorb transmuted Nonmaterial back into itself, destroying all around it and rebuilding itself at once. This is no Construct to be provoked.

The Alchemy Titan is another Bragi Titan that has some powerful abilities. Much like the Werewolf Lord, the Alchemy Titan afflicts all it wounds with Alchemy Markers, chaining their Class, Species, and Personality to Nonmaterial all at once, ruining synergies. But that's not all. With Dematerialize, the Alchemy Titan can sacrifice its OM3 a la Ornak in order to destroy all adjacent Nonmaterial figures and heal. This means with a single wound the Titan can fell any hero, but since Dematerialize takes up its turn, most units should be able to escape. Provided their Order Markers allow for it--be careful! It can't attack nearly as often as the Clockwork Titan, but it is a lot more durable, so it holds up for the most part.

Character Bio: Why do I associate Xenothea units with Glass? Maybe because she likes to blend in and not draw attention to herself. Idunno. Maybe I just wanted some Kyrie and it stuck... Greater Glass Elemental.

This Greater Elemental is interesting. With 2 Life, it won't hold up for long, but with Resistance it can only take one hit per attack, keeping it on the battlefield even with a flop. With Shatter, the Glass Elemental injures adjacent figures upon taking damage, making it a powerful foe up close. Jagged Edge essentially flips its Attack and Defense once it takes a wound, making it easier to kill the second time, but more powerful up close. Moving in with 6 move, Shattering, and attacking with Jagged Edge before Shattering again, a Greater Glass Elemental can cause a lot of damage before it falls. You might not want to take that Passing Swipe.

Well, that's all for today. Let me know what you think, and I'll be back with more soon!

~TAF

(Figures used: Pathfinder minis
Alchemy Titan = Alchemical Golem
Greater Glass Elemental = Glass Golem)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 3rd, 2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old April 27th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: TITAN AND ELEMENTAL

Those guys look awesome! What bases do they use?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 27th, 2015, 05:53 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I really want to use an Alchemy Titan and A Clockwork Titan at the same time. Greater Glass elementals look fun. Cool new customs!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old April 27th, 2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Those guys look awesome! What bases do they use?
I imagine both could use either the Large Single Base or the Double Base. I'd go for the former, if possible.

~TAF

Old April 30th, 2015, 02:10 PM

Arrow Ogres and explorer

More stuff:

Character Bio: The pale Ogres hail from the north, forming small bands of thieves and robbers. They pick on those smaller than themselves, steal, cheat, and plunder their way to the top of the food chain. Hedonistic as they are, they made perfect powerful soldiers for Volthrax's legions.

Similar to the Gorillatroopers, Ogre Raiders are strong, but only a 2 man squad, as well as expensive. Nonetheless, they pack some punch. With 3 defense and Tough, they won't fall easily, and with 4 attack and Beat Down, their attack value soars when attacking small/medium squaddies. Plunder gives them yet another boost against figures with glyphs of any sort, making them good for getting foes off of Power Glyphs. Their primary weakness is simply foes their own size, like Templars or Hounds, or any Dragon with a Special Attack.

Character Bio: Brutus is the leader of his own tribe of Pale Ogres, and he is the most ruthless of them all. Not only is he powerful, but he is far more disciplined than his fellow rugged soldiers. In battle he marshals his armies into formation, improving their speed when the time is right.

Brutus is a powerful Ogre hero for the Ogre Raiders. Although he doesn't bond with them, he can move both himself and all of them at once when you win initiative with Ogre Battle Charge. This helps make up for them being only a 2-man squad, as well as help get himself into position without wasting OMs as the battle progresses. Once he's in position, his combination of 6 attack and Tough really make him a force to be reckoned with, provided he can avoid special attacks. He's pretty darn powerful, but not highly mobile, and he only hits once per OM.

Well that's all for today. Let me know what you think and all that good stuff. With C3V being released weekly soon, I'll also likely be taking some time off. I'll be back soon enough though! See ya.

~TAF

(Figures used: Pathfinders minis
Ogre Raiders = Ogre, Ogre Brute
Brutus = Jaagrath Kreeg
Demetrio = Chelish Marine)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; September 16th, 2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old April 30th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: OGRES AND EXPLORER

Cool! It seems I'm not the only one who thinks Ogres would be cool for Volhrax. What figures do these guys use?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 30th, 2015, 03:04 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: OGRES AND EXPLORER

These guys pack quite a punch! Good thing they don't bond! That would be quite devastating. Cool customs!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old May 1st, 2015, 03:53 PM

Arrow More Random Stuff

After playtesting Sephtis the Undead Dragon for two seconds, it became apparent that his Special Attack was too strong, so I lowered it from 4 to 3. It's a bit more fair now, and even if you think he might suck because of it, he can still be resurrected by Ocren every now and again. It was either that, or jack up his price even further.

To check out more Patch Notes and FAQs, check out the post below the OP where I keep them recorded.

Anyway, see you guys again soon. For real this time!

~TAF

(Sephtis is a Pathfinders Huge Black Dragon, L_O )

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 11th, 2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old May 1st, 2015, 05:12 PM
Hard as ice

Re: More Random Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

(Sephtis is a Pathfinders Huge Black Dragon, L_O )
Thanks! Good to know.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 15th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Hard as ice

Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: FIRE EMBLEM (A BIT)

Btw, TAF, Ig CT fm Bd.

(Sorry, having typed Btw, TAF, I couldn't help being silly. What I'm actually saying is that I've asked my brother to get me your Clockwork Titan for my Birthday - looking forward to giving him a shot, and his figure looks awesome in person! )

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 16th, 2015, 02:06 AM

Arrow New Picture Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Btw, TAF, Ig CT fm Bd.

(Sorry, having typed Btw, TAF, I couldn't help being silly. What I'm actually saying is that I've asked my brother to get me your Clockwork Titan for my Birthday - looking forward to giving him a shot, and his figure looks awesome in person! )
Well, I'm glad you enjoy my custom! Let me know how he plays because I may or may not have skimmed playtesting on him...

Anyways, I'm back from my break, here with more units for you guys. More units, not new, that is. In my spare time, I found some good sculpts for some of my dreaded pictureless cards. So, here they are now, fully outfitted with new sculpts! How pretty!

Leep Vipers are explosive Uncommons that snake their way into enemy ranks with fast and deadly results. Roll a Frenzy and send another one reeling into the fray. It's one of my older models, and as such has the awkward mechanic of having a "normal explosion attack" on Crash Lunge. It reads a lot like a special attack but with normal attack rules--you'll still roll once for all affected figures, but since you get the attack bonus, attack a figure you have a height advantage on to maximize skulls for all adjacent foes.

Decay is sort of a Death Knight version of Morsebane, with a deadly twist. Curse 16 puts a hefty time limit on the life of any hero, inflicting a wound with every turn they take. Land a Curse on an enemy's biggest hero, and you're pretty set for the game, unless Kelda can buy them enough time.

These little punks do one thing and one thing only--steal Treasure Glyphs. They're more or less for D&D scenarios only, but they sure can be annoying. They're Uncommon instead of Common so that they're allowed to carry the TGs in the first place.

Ogre Crushers are powerful but swingy (no pun intended). When the dice are on your side, they can really wreak havoc. But have one opponent block your attack, and they'll send this brute hurtling back into your own ranks. The wording is a bit wonky on the second power, but basically the idea is that if he fails to inflict wounds, Stumble Swing activates.

Well, that's all for now. But don't you guys worry, I'll be back with more new stuff later!

~TAF

(figures used:
Leep Viper = Pathfinders Tatzlwyrm
Decay = D&D Warrior Wight
Ogre Crusher = D&D Ogre War Hulk (ironic)
Goblin Nabber = D&D Goblin Cutter (also ironic))

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 3rd, 2016 at 09:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards