Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old January 25th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Housing Portal GC 2015

How fun was this?
Three of us attempted to reserve a room. One got a window starting in 2 hours 20 minutes(Me), the next 1 hour 20 minutes and the last 20 minutes.
Still waiting to see what we ended up with this year.

They should have given priority to those that have been attending every year.

OK so my friend goes to make a reservation, gets an error, refreshes and it says he can make zero reservations. Great.

Extremely bitter with the setup this year.

Friend 2 managed to get a hotel in the downtown area. Horrible process.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; January 25th, 2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old January 25th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Housing Portal GC 2015

We had lots of issues too. 7 different accounts we were using. The earliest queue time was dok with only a 10 minute wait, but the housing portal hated him and he actually couldn't get in for a couple of hours. We did get downtown rooms a little later, but the process again was a pain.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old January 25th, 2015, 03:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

To be fair, I did once play Q9 in a game against the housing portal, so it had its reasons.
Old January 25th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I had to wait 2 1/2 hours for my portal. By the time it opened I couldn't get the airport hotel I'd wanted, which surprised me, because it was an airport hotel. But apparently downtown had already booked solid and my first choice was eclipsed by others' fifth or sixth (or whatever) choice.

It's not a serious objection, in that clearly I'm commenting upon a feature and not a bug.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 26th, 2015, 11:48 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

My wait time was 2 hours 20 minutes. When it opened and I punched in my dates I got zero results. No available hotels.
So 2 out of 3 of us had no chance at all of getting a room.
My one friend may be done after this year. Crazy. I have been going since 89 and have been to every GC in Indy and I get no chance to even book a room.
Anyone have an Exhibitor badge? We were wondering if they got a preference?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 26th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That's really bad, Tornado.

This system was really stupid, in that it gave people an incentive to get rooms they don't need. Four people in a room, each one waiting in the queue, three of them booking a room, two of which will later be dumped.

I haven't looked, but you may find a room in the GC forums. I bet a bunch are being dumped over there, or will be.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 26th, 2015, 04:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I expect you can find a room in the aftermarket, Tornado.

Still... that sucks. For my part I went with "I won the lottery" to deeply frustrated by technical difficulties. Fortunately, other people in my group didn't have the same trouble.
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:35 AM

I/we did get one. Friend 2 got like the last one available. So we are OK. I just find it ridiculous that 2 out of 3 of us had zero chance of getting a room.
Friend 1 was in the same boat as you dok. We thought we were all set and could possibly get our first hotel choice. Then it all came crashing down.

I was looking up our hotel(Columbia Club), apparently they have a dress code.
Good luck with that at GC.

So no one had an Exhibitor Badge?

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con