Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 25th, 2008, 08:59 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 6/24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
- What tundra rules do you recommend?
Well, I almost always play with light snow and normal ice. Everyone once in awhile I make a map specifically for slippery ice, but that is not the case with this one. I play normal snow and normal ice on In Cold Blood.
Quote:
- Would it be possible to fit the starting zones a little better to the map to reduce the size, or was that intentional in the design?
It is possible to swing the starting zones around a little bit. I was just trying to make a more dynamic looking map. The footprint of it is rather different from the other maps I've created and I like that. I think it gives the illusion of the players being farther apart than they actually are. All that said, from a gameplay standpoint, I see nothing wrong with rotating the start zones a bit and making the map a little more friendly to table space.
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Will we see this on a Tuesday night? Soon?

Have you played it much? What happened?

Can I ask another question?

At first glance it doesn't seem so footsloggin' melee friendly. But after staring at it a while, I'm realizing how good the Glaciers are set to block LOS. So maybe the MacDirks have a chance on this map?

Looking forward to trying it out.
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:45 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Will we see this on a Tuesday night? Soon?
Yeah, I'll have it up for Tuesday evening.

Quote:
Have you played it much? What happened?
It's been played on a handful of times. I've actually had it up since the MoP practice event at my house a month ago. It's always been a good time. The glaciers have really surprised people on this one.

Quote:
Can I ask another question?
no

Quote:
At first glance it doesn't seem so footsloggin' melee friendly. But after staring at it a while, I'm realizing how good the Glaciers are set to block LOS. So maybe the MacDirks have a chance on this map?
Well the McDirks have the same chance they ever have. It's acutally pretty melee friendly. It's even friendlier if that melee happens to fly (minions and sentials).
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was thinking about 2 of your maps...

Map: Turnpikes and Burnpikes
Date Uploaded: 4/27/08
Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 VW, 2 FotA

Map: Molten Stronghold
Date Uploaded: 4/19/08
Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 VW

...and how you used topless castle pieces. While I think that's fine, it is against the official rules.

Which is preventing me from nominating Molten Stronghold to the BOV.

So I was thinking you could top the castle pieces and then put molten lava on top. The lava looks a little odd, but with battlements wrapped all the way around I think it looks fine. I did this on a map called Signal Fires to make, well, a signal fire. I think it could work fine for your maps as well.

You would need to add another lava set to Molten Stronghold or really tweak it to get the molten tiles you need, but burnpikes should be easily enough to adapt.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about:

Last edited by DrLivingston; June 28th, 2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old June 29th, 2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
...and how you used topless castle pieces. While I think that's fine, it is against the official rules.

Which is preventing me from nominating Molten Stronghold to the BOV.

You would need to add another lava set to Molten Stronghold or really tweak it to get the molten tiles you need, but burnpikes should be easily enough to adapt.
Yeah, I might work on tweaking Molten Stronghold for the BoV. I would have to squeeze it a bit to find tile to use for the wall toppers. I might find a solution in there. I'm really happy with the layout overall and it is probably worth a shot.

Turnpikes is a different story. It would be easy enough to top off the walls, but the build uses two FotA which is against the BoV guidelines.
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:29 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker

I think it's against the rules to have battlemets attached to lava/water/ice/Swater pieces. Though that may not be true. I believe another BoV nominie map had to be altered because it did that.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old June 29th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Super Doopa

I thought the problem was that he had uncapped castle walls at first.

The only thing about not be able to work with lava is:

Walls cannot "sit on water or other tiles considered to have no height." (p.2 of the castle rules.)

However all it says about building with battlements is that they "are structures that may be added to Wall Walks or hex shaped tiles such as grass, rock, or sand." (p.3)

Molten lava is a hex shaped tile and the prohibition about tiles with no height is not mentioned.

So, I figure, it's okay.
Old June 29th, 2008, 11:41 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I don't recall rejecting a map because battlements were placed on zero level tiles, mainly becasue I don't recall one being submitted that way. Reviewing the castle rules, it doesn't say you can or can't so I am not sure how we would rule it. I suspect we would have to review and probably engage some people on the inside for their input. (theguru, GB, truth, etc..)

We have rejected maps that had uncapped wall pieces, and will continue to do so because the rules clearly state you must have wall walk pieces a top wall section pieces.

On that note, it isn't a matter of us agreeing with the rule. It is a matter of it being the rule. BoV aspires to provide maps reviewed and approved that follow the rules. Sometimes we have to make concessions or special considerations. Uncapped fortress wall pieces is not one of the situations; they must be capped.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; June 29th, 2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:03 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 7/2

7/2: I finally got around to posting one of my jungle maps. We've had a good time playing on this one. I enjoyed both the look and the play on it. Hope you do too.

Map: Ticalla Outpost
Date Uploaded: 7/02/08
Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 TJ

Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really liked Erosion and Flash Fire. We played a few games on both maps and they played well. Good work!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
I really liked Erosion and Flash Fire. We played a few games on both maps and they played well. Good work!
Great, glad to hear it. I'm really jazzed that you were able to play on Erosion. It's one of my favorite maps. My friends and I had a really fun time playing on it just because it was so different.

Thanks for the compliment and the feedback.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:45 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker

Hi Dignan,

Ticalli Outpost looks intereesting, i don´t see many small maps around with just 1 tj, must need 2 sets or more. As i only have one and the map looks cool i want to try it out. Don´t have sotm, but i could try to build it with the old ms.

Bye, Ch1can0.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We don´t cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios