Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old October 23rd, 2019, 11:29 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 10/20/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Update 10/20/19

New map to upload. I worked out two new maps for our NHSD event and I'm just now getting around to posting them. This first one is just a solid little lava map. It's not too flashy, but the gameplay has been solid. We've really enjoyed this little guy.

Map: Attrition
Date Uploaded: 10/20/19
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 VW
Really like the new map, Dignan. The lack of bridge walls is a smart aesthetic choice, in addition to being a gameplay one. The barren bridge gives a simpler, rustic look compared to a pristine, in-tact bridge over a lava field.

PS, I love that when I download your pdfs, you can often see a different original title for the map in the hsc file. It's cool to see your maps go through multiple names before landing on the final one. Griddle is a cool name, but I'm glad you chose Attrition!
Old October 24th, 2019, 06:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Got Attrition converted for online play.
Old October 25th, 2019, 01:54 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post

Really like the new map, Dignan. The lack of bridge walls is a smart aesthetic choice, in addition to being a gameplay one. The barren bridge gives a simpler, rustic look compared to a pristine, in-tact bridge over a lava field.
Thanks. I have enjoyed the nice clean look to this map. I think it plays quick and allows for a couple of surprising little moves. It was a solid additional to our NHSD event.

Quote:
PS, I love that when I download your pdfs, you can often see a different original title for the map in the hsc file. It's cool to see your maps go through multiple names before landing on the final one. Griddle is a cool name, but I'm glad you chose Attrition!
Hah! Yeah, the name almost always comes last. When I'm saving the file in virtualscape, I just pick something real quick to remember it. I don't get around to the final name until I get ready to upload.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old January 11th, 2020, 02:19 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 1/11/20

Update 01/11/20

First new map of the new year. We developed this one for NHSD last year and I finally got around to uploading it. I really enjoyed the split start zones and how the map ends up playing out. We've had a lot of fun games on this one.

Map: Tranquil
Date Uploaded: 01/11/20
Requires: 1 RotV, 2 RttFF

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old December 5th, 2021, 08:51 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Dignan, a request for you! Could you list the five maps of yours that you think are the most balanced for standard two-person play?
Old December 10th, 2021, 09:53 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Dignan, a request for you! Could you list the five maps of yours that you think are the most balanced for standard two-person play?
I can already tell you that will be a challenge to answer. We've been using a mix of BoV and Dignan's maps at the DFW tournaments since before the game was canceled. He has so many well balanced maps designed specifically for 2 player games that it's probably going to be hard to narrow it down to 5. I'm very interested to see what he lists out though if he does.
Old December 30th, 2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that's tough to say. Most of my maps are designed specifically for tournament play. It's probably easiest to remove the maps that are a little more extreme; maps that are asymmetrical like Grutsbane Pass or maps like Barrier and Guerilla that are trying to do something unusual.

The best ones for tournaments are probably the ones that line up best with what people expect to see in tournament maps. I think Tranquil is really solid. We've used it quite a bit lately. I love playing on Stalwart, but the set glyphs are a little unusual. Blaze and Guardian have both seen a bunch of tournament action with positive feedback. Trespasser is also a big favorite around here.

Old December 30th, 2021, 08:45 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Yeah, that's tough to say. Most of my maps are designed specifically for tournament play. It's probably easiest to remove the maps that are a little more extreme; maps that are asymmetrical like Grutsbane Pass or maps like Barrier and Guerilla that are trying to do something unusual.

The best ones for tournaments are probably the ones that line up best with what people expect to see in tournament maps. I think Tranquil is really solid. We've used it quite a bit lately. I love playing on Stalwart, but the set glyphs are a little unusual. Blaze and Guardian have both seen a bunch of tournament action with positive feedback. Trespasser is also a big favorite around here.
Oh great! So.....Tranquil, Stalwart, Blaze, Guardian, and Trespasser.

Yay, thanks.
Old August 26th, 2022, 03:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Would you mind if I remix Cage Match at some point?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 26th, 2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Would you mind if I remix Cage Match at some point?
Not in the least. Go right ahead and do whatever you'd like. I'd like to see a new take on it.

Old August 26th, 2022, 09:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm planning to start with a pretty light touch; I'm not much of a cartographer so more than that would probably do more harm than good, ha ha.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 3rd, 2022, 12:31 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/3/22

Update 09/3/22

Damn! It's taken me WAY too long to post a new map. I've still be playing a ton, but just haven't uploaded a map in forever. Anyway, here is a fresh map. We've probably been gaming on this one for three months or so at this point. It's not for everyone with a Thorian glyph, but I really love the look on the table and the game play we've had with it. It is meant to be played with set glyphs, but you could go random on the outside.

Map: Reminiscence
Date Uploaded: 09/03/22
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 TT (normal snow and ice)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios