Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 3rd, 2020, 11:07 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ms. Marvel (Kamala) - Design

Miles Morales has Super strength and so would Nova so that wouldn't lead her to leading her teammates.
Old December 3rd, 2020, 11:16 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

If her teammates seem to be Crime Fighters, then add them in there?
Quote:
HEROIC TEAM-UP
When taking a turn with Ms. Marvel, if you revealed an Order Marker on the card of a figure that has the Super Strength special power at the start of this turn, add 1 to her Attack number. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Ms. Marvel, you may take a turn with one other Crime Fighter or Unique Hero you control that does not have the Super Strength special power within 6 clear sight spaces of Ms. Marvel, and you may not take any additional turns.
Old December 3rd, 2020, 11:16 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Miles Morales has Super strength and so would Nova so that wouldn't lead her to leading her teammates.
How about breaking new ground and basing it around point cost? She can be led by those more expensive (i.e. stronger, more experienced etc. - the type she'd fangirl over) while leading those less expensive (i.e. weaker, less experienced, etc. - the type she'd lead).
That, or you could run it by class, say have her fangirl over Champions and figures with Avengers Markers while inspiring maybe Crime Fighters and Students, or something.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 3rd, 2020, 11:28 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

It feels like we’re missing the forest for the trees here. I don’t want to act like Captain Marvel synergy is the end-all, be-all for this character, but bonding with stand-alone big name heroes like her, Cap, and Spidey feels way more on-point for this character than random stuff with dudes who hand out turns. When I look at the C3G cards and try to imagine who Kamala would be jazzed to work with, it’s not Black Bolt or Robot. It’s our big iconic cards - C3G Cap, C3G Spidey, Wolverine.

I feel like that’s something the original few LCW drafts had down pat that we’ve kinda drifted away from into other territories. And sure, we could do it based off point cost, I guess that would work fine, but it still feels a bit convoluted IMO.

Maybe something like this?
Quote:
BOUNDLESS ENTHUSIASM
At the start of the round, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Hero you control and choose one of the following options for the rest of the round;
-Add 1 to that Hero’s Attack and Defense numbers while they are within 6 clear sight spaces of Ms. Marvel.
-After revealing an Order Marker on that Hero and taking a turn with just that Hero, if Ms. Marvel is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Hero, you may take a turn with Ms. Marvel. You may not take any additional turns with figures you control.
It gives you a lot of options. She can be a cheerleader one round, then a sidekick the next, just depending on what you want. Both Carols like the attack/defense boosts, and Captain Marvel will like the bonding. And it allows her to combo with any Unique Hero in the game basically, making her good in both Avengers and Champions builds, as well as anything else.
Old December 3rd, 2020, 11:29 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
How about breaking new ground and basing it around point cost? She can be led by those more expensive (i.e. stronger, more experienced etc. - the type she'd fangirl over) while leading those less expensive (i.e. weaker, less experienced, etc. - the type she'd lead).
That, or you could run it by class, say have her fangirl over Champions and figures with Avengers Markers while inspiring maybe Crime Fighters and Students, or something.
Personally, Super Strength feels so trivial often times in our game I like seeing it being called out more often to make it mean something. I think what I proposed with Crime Fighters included as well gives her plenty of options.
Old December 3rd, 2020, 12:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
It feels like we’re missing the forest for the trees here. I don’t want to act like Captain Marvel synergy is the end-all, be-all for this character, but bonding with stand-alone big name heroes like her, Cap, and Spidey feels way more on-point for this character than random stuff with dudes who hand out turns. When I look at the C3G cards and try to imagine who Kamala would be jazzed to work with, it’s not Black Bolt or Robot. It’s our big iconic cards - C3G Cap, C3G Spidey, Wolverine.
This, absolutely.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 3rd, 2020, 12:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Could do it where she gets a turn off someone with an Avengers marker and she gives a turn to Crime Fighters.

Not sure y'all are going to find a perfect mix here, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 3rd, 2020, 12:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
"WE CAN DO THIS!"/SECOND WIND
Once per game, when Ms. Marvel or a friendly Unique Hero within 2 clear sight spaces of Ms. Marvel would be destroyed, you may instead remove an unrevealed Order Marker from this card. That figure is not destroyed and may ignore any wounds it just received, and Ms. Marvel and all friendly figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Ms. Marvel may remove a Wound Marker from their card.
Any thoughts on this? It's a second once-per-game power, but that Go The Distance effect feels very Kamala to me. If you want to have turn bonds in your army, basically all the factions she fits into offer something for that already, and this would encourage her to be an active fighter so she can stay on the front lines for that big heal.
Old December 3rd, 2020, 02:25 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

In theory I like the Super Strength/no Super Strength dynamic, but yeah, the fact it cuts out 100% of her thematic teammates without shoehorning them in is kind of a bummer.

For the record, characters she's worked with notably:

Team-Ups: Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Loki
Inhumans: Medusa, Lockjaw, Quake
Avengers: Captain America (Sam Wilson), Iron Man, Thor (Jane Foster), Vision
Champions: Spider-Man (Miles), Nova (Sam), Hulk (Amadeus Cho), Ironheart, Viv Vision, Wasp (Nadia), Cyclops (time-displaced kid version)

Bold are the ones that are pretty recurring and seem important to "work right" with any synergy we're building. She's an Inhuman, which makes Lockjaw easy enough. The rest are Crime Fighters. If we want her a Crime Fighter synergy piece, though, we might want to go all-in on Champions stuff.
Old December 3rd, 2020, 02:38 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I still like the power in the SP the most.

What if we gave the second sentence a slight boost if she's bonding with Crime Fighters. Like any Hero has to be within 4 spaces of her for bonding but Crime Fighters can bond within 8 spaces?
Old December 3rd, 2020, 03:19 PM
Hard as ice

I'm still with Odysseus on this one, in concept if not specifics. The OP feels like it's missing the forest for the trees by giving her a power which encourages pairing with random OM managers such as Red Skull, Robot and the wrong Carol rather than letting her take her inspiration from the iconic heroes she does.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 3rd, 2020, 03:33 PM
Just A Head

If we're going all in on Crime Fighter stuff and making her a leader, I'm kinda with Johnny that we should just lean into making her Champions Kamala. He has a neat synergy power for her in his workshop.

I'm really just starting to lean towards liking some sort of inspiration power. The market for 150-200 pt. turn bonders in the Avengers/Crime Fighter market is already super crowded, so an inspiration power that boosted allies around her would make me way more likely to use her in those kinds of builds. (Plus, that feels way more on-point for Kamala's style of "leadership" anyways. She's more inspirational motivator than tactician.) If that’s not what everyone else wants, fair enough, but it makes the most sense to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library