Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 10th, 2014, 08:34 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Armoc Vipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
It's been about 8 yrs. since these poor guys have been mentioned, so I figured I'd drop in and say a quick "hey".
Wait when did it become 2016, I was just getting used to 2014?
Whoops...Heh heh...I'm a HeroClix player at heart, and Heroclix was started a little while before 'Scape came out, so whoops...

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old November 5th, 2014, 05:22 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

I use these guys as a cleanup unit with Mittens in this army:

Venocs x6
Armocs x2
Mittens

It's more of a "fun" army, but it actually does quite well depending on your frenzy rolls. It's also a great themed army.
Old November 16th, 2014, 01:25 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Best bonding option including SoV? I was thinking Azurite Warlord. I think with an odd point value, they were made for each other. I dunno, but maybe. Thoughts?

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old November 16th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Best bonding option including SoV? I was thinking Azurite Warlord. I think with an odd point value, they were made for each other. I dunno, but maybe. Thoughts?
My favorite build:

Azurite Warlord, Venoc Warlord (or Zogross Hardscale), Armoc Vipers x4
Old November 16th, 2014, 01:53 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
My favorite build:

I would think Zogross would be better usually because they (other being Venoc Warlord) are the same points, but the Warlord has some points sinked into the scout and frenzy bonuses. Basically, in that build I think Zogross would be more with its points, compared to the warlord. Haven't tried it though, so I wouldn't know. That sounds like a really fun build, though.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old November 16th, 2014, 03:13 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
My favorite build:

I would think Zogross would be better usually because they (other being Venoc Warlord) are the same points, but the Warlord has some points sinked into the scout and frenzy bonuses. Basically, in that build I think Zogross would be more with its points, compared to the warlord. Haven't tried it though, so I wouldn't know. That sounds like a really fun build, though.
Yeah, generally Zogross would be better, but I can't but help to run it due to the theme.
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:49 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Armoc Vipers
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 17th, 2019, 09:29 AM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Another wildly under appreciated unit. Possibly one of the scariest bonding squads out there (to me personally), with the exception of the greenscales. I would rate these guys as high as the knights of weston. Their bonding options are limited even with customs, and they sacrifice the strength/numbers of other bonders for speed to keep up with their warlord, but they shine in lots of scenarios. I also disagree that they are not point efficient. For about 20 points/figure, they run roughly alongside knights, heavies, and macdirks in point value per figure.

The venoc warlord is a powerful hero in his own right. Throw in a 3/3 squd that moves as ridiculously fast as he does, and a turn on the vipers can cause your opponent a lot of problems.

The thing about most bonding squads is that they are pretty predictable. Just slow steamroll the map, keep your stuff together, try to avoid explosions, etc. Units like Alastair can keep your opponent on their toes, but for the most part knights/heavies/glads/etc play basically the same every time.

Armocs don’t need any of that. They can spread out, fly across the map, grab glyphs, hit head on, whatever. They are just FAST, and unpredictable for a bonding squad of their stats

These are my favorite vipers, although I do like the venocs and EoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units