Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old July 9th, 2007, 08:49 AM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgosCap
Hey! Sorry, I've been on vacation! Yeah, actually, I have been thinking about doing a regular microheroes cartoon. I thought it would be fun. I actually started thinking about it back when I heard that they were looking for cartoons for HS Codex. So, when that guy started doing the "news" show with figs, I thought he might like a nice, neat microhero cartoon template. The microhero art is perfect for a cartoon strip. Since the request has been made, I will consider doing my original idea (which uses one of the Nakita agents as the main character). I probably couldn't do it weekly, but I could try to do a page every week or two.

Maybe we could get a couple of microhero cartoons going. Anyone else have an idea for a cartoon? I would prefer to see the Heroscape microheroes here, but we could also do some "crossover" cartoons with other existing characters.

In any case, these cartoons are going to require lots of character art, so keep it coming! Wave 7 is out! Time to get back to work!
You and I could alternate between weeks for who does the weekly cartoon with some other guest artists going in every now and again. Let me look over wave 7 and then I'll get started on them.

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 20th, 2007, 07:08 PM

XSI Addict 32 has disabled reputation
This thread pretty much died.....Heres to hoping it comes back...

~XSI, who hasn't had the time or inspiration to make another.

Seeking a great place to Role Play?
Look no further, the haven for great RP is here:
The Menagerie
Old July 23rd, 2007, 01:45 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
These are all pretty cool Have there been any male depictions of Vydar? I have nothing against a female general, in fact it would be pretty cool to see, but I was reading the character bios on Heroscape.com yesterday and the bio for the primadon Gorillanators refers to Vydar as a "he." I wish they'd release official artwork for all of them; I like the Oriental-esque Einar on the first page but I don't think they've ever actually shown him, either.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock
These are all pretty cool Have there been any male depictions of Vydar? I have nothing against a female general, in fact it would be pretty cool to see, but I was reading the character bios on Heroscape.com yesterday and the bio for the primadon Gorillanators refers to Vydar as a "he." I wish they'd release official artwork for all of them; I like the Oriental-esque Einar on the first page but I don't think they've ever actually shown him, either.
No, there haven't been any male depictions of Vydar (which has been bugging me) and yes all the current generals are undoubtedly male. It would be very cool if they released artwork for all of them. A least some artwork for Vydar and Einar, they don't have any. And thanks, I made Einar.

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 24th, 2007, 11:26 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Brickman, I've been working my butt off on the new comic ("Helga and Stan"). However, as much time as it took, I am not going to be doing these on a regualr basis. I'm a perfectionist, and it just takes a little too long to do it right. But I will try to continue the series as I have time. I have posted the new comic in a new thread called "Heroscape Micro Hero Comics."

Alright guys, to get theings started again, I have created a new webpage, with all of the characters done so far, organized by General. It mimics the style of the "Ze Ball Breaker" site. No, I did not post every version of every character. I only posted the versions I liked best, and in a few cases, I made some minor changes (actually, I turned them all into gif format, with a transparent background). I hope you guys don't mind me messing with the original art, I just wanted these guys to look super sharp on the page. Anyway, you can find them on:

http://www.oddworldz.com/argosmast/micro/microhero.html

Hope you guys like it. Now, let's fill in all the generals with the missing characters. Wave 7 is out, so you guys should find lots of new inspiration. Isamu and the riflemen look like they are probably pretty easy. Also, I remember people saying that they were going to do Morsbane and the gorillanators. Fuzzy fuzz, wasn't it you? Still waiting to see them! Everyone else....let's see what you've got with the new characters!

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:20 PM

For my complements on "Helga and Stan" see the respective thread.

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 26th, 2007, 09:24 AM

A male Vydar. The robotic claw hand is mostly from something else, it's not my custom piece.

EDIT: Improvements soon!

Does anyone have a goos picture of Isamu? I can't for the life of me find a picture of him from the front.

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Brickman, I've been working my butt off on the new comic ("Helga and Stan"). However, as much time as it took, I am not going to be doing these on a regualr basis. I'm a perfectionist, and it just takes a little too long to do it right. But I will try to continue the series as I have time. I have posted the new comic in a new thread called "Heroscape Micro Hero Comics."
Apparently I got back here too late. I was going to suggest holding these for quarterly release in the Codex Comics section!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:31 PM

Improvements made!

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Alright guys, to get theings started again, I have created a new webpage, with all of the characters done so far, organized by General. It mimics the style of the "Ze Ball Breaker" site. No, I did not post every version of every character. I only posted the versions I liked best, and in a few cases, I made some minor changes (actually, I turned them all into gif format, with a transparent background). I hope you guys don't mind me messing with the original art, I just wanted these guys to look super sharp on the page. Anyway, you can find them on:

Hope you guys like it...
There was a major mistake in that the very last 'Scaper MicroHero on the page doesn't look at all like their avatar!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:

Hope you guys like it...
There was a major mistake in that the very last 'Scaper MicroHero on the page doesn't look at all like their avatar!

By the way, did you like my Vydar?

O.K. Here's my current Isamu, based on malechi's ninja.

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 27th, 2007, 03:11 AM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Quote:
Are you talking about the "ArgosCap" micro? Well, I change my avatar so frequently, I figured the best thing to use would be my "self-micro" which I briefly used as my avatar. Of my other 4 avatars, 2 of them have had pictures of my real self in them, but I always dress differently. The "Common v. Hulk" avatar is the one I've used the most. Should I change the art, with me punching a Hulk micro in the nuts? Consider it done!

Brickman,
I like the color scheme on the newer Vydar, but I think I like the old head better. Most of the Kyrie generals we have seen so far look pretty young and energetic. The bald version looks kinda old. Although, I suppose that might account for why he has gained the wisdom to USE FIREARMS instead of swords and spears! Or maybe he just needs to 'cuase he's too old for brawling. What do you think???

Brickman AND Malechi AND all other artists,

I have been pondering an idea. This thread is getting long now. 28 pages and over 400 posts. I am wondering if that is daunting people from getting involved with the thread (I know that when I see a 20+ page thread, I usually just pass, or ONLY read the last page). So here is my idea:

We now have pics of Wave 7, Wave 8, SotM figs, the next large pack, the "Spiders" and the promo monk character. That is a LOT of new characters. Maybe we should leave this thread for the older characters and start a new thread called "Micro Hero Art: Heroscape, 2007" and make that thread just for the 2007 characters. It might reinvigorate some of the artists and give us a "fresh start" that will draw more attention and get more people involved. What do you think? Should we start a new thread? This one is starting to feel a little bloated to me. Does it feel that way to anyone else?

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction