Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old January 31st, 2019, 04:49 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Gen Con 2019

Oh yea, signing up for set up crew, as always. And LoneWolf, are you making me a Judge with a badge? Or do I buy my badge?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old February 4th, 2019, 06:55 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I got a standup sign for our area - wherever it will be. Super excited about this!

Old February 4th, 2019, 07:22 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is sick LW!
Old February 4th, 2019, 08:33 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

That looks awesome! I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend this year or not, but there's another reason to go to the HeroScape area.
Old February 7th, 2019, 12:34 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

In cluster or pod drafts, as long as the pods or clusters are balanced against each other (knowledge of metagame required), and in how they will synergize with other sets of pods or clusters, i.e., no Raelins, it does not matter what units you bring, nor does it really matter (IMHO) whether anyone knows what you will field in advance. It's all about how skillfully the players are able to use whatever units are in play. For that reason, I suggest such a draft format be considered for the GenCon 2019 Main Event.

Old February 7th, 2019, 12:39 PM

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
For that reason, I suggest such a draft format be considered for the GenCon 2019 Main Event.
Events for 2019 are already submitted to Gencon.

To be honest we have been very happy with the format of the Main event being Reverse the Whip. The winning armies are different every year and estimating the overall Meta is a big challenge when building your army.

I think we have had Dwarves, Goblins, & Marro Hounds as Main Event winners the last 3 years. That is a win!

We do have a draft event every year because we have seen good participation in it. As long as that event gets good numbers we will continue to run it.
Old February 7th, 2019, 12:41 PM

I got these 2 table banners in yesterday. They will be on our HQ table in the front of our area.

Old February 7th, 2019, 02:07 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Woah, where is that art from?
Old February 7th, 2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Woah, where is that art from?
Officially released stuff that I collected over the years. I knew it would come in handy some day.
Old February 7th, 2019, 02:17 PM

Awesome. Well done.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:16 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

For those selecting maps this year ( @lonewolf ?) I’d like to suggest the ARV’s Tournament Map Archive as a resource in selecting exciting, new, balanced maps that have been rigorously tested and “stamped” as tournament-worthy. If you don’t know already, the ARV is a group who’s purpose is (in part) to continue what the BoV started in providing the community with balanced tournament maps. We’ve got quite a few maps in our archive and would suggest you take a good look for adding some to the list for GenCon this year (I think people have played enough on Common Ground, and other favorites that tend to keep popping up in the pool...no offense).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
For those selecting maps this year ( @lonewolf ?) I’d like to suggest the ARV’s Tournament Map Archive as a resource in selecting exciting, new, balanced maps that have been rigorously tested and “stamped” as tournament-worthy. If you don’t know already, the ARV is a group who’s purpose is (in part) to continue what the BoV started in providing the community with balanced tournament maps. We’ve got quite a few maps in our archive and would suggest you take a good look for adding some to the list for GenCon this year (I think people have played enough on Common Ground, and other favorites that tend to keep popping up in the pool...no offense).
The maps are largely chosen based on the limited materials we have at Gencon. Common Ground uses a single ROTV set and is used largely because of that. After searching through your maps, I don't see a map that uses a single ROTV set. Perhaps you could use that parameter for you next map building contest.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con