Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 16th, 2014, 09:26 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Scape-ish Relaunch?

MtG Board Game announced at Essen Speil.

http://www.geekwire.com/2014/poof-wi...oard-game-hat/

-insert signature here-
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:28 AM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape spiritual successor?

@MegaSilver Look closer at what the fire birds are standing on. Also, did you see the bases for the figures?

I'm just sayin.
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:31 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Scape-ish Relaunch?

Some pics from @dicetower_news twitter feed.

-insert signature here-
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:32 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

It looks like all the tiles are compatible when I zoom in. The little border bits are detachable it seems. Even if they aren't, you can make something akin to a cell membranes phospholipid bilayer if you place the end bits back to back so that they all become compatible. I may finally get to see a VC terrain release yet!
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:32 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

I hope theres a good game here. Im really concerned its just them slapping MTG on a product and knowing it will sell on name alone.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:34 AM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
It looks like all the tiles are compatible when I zoom in. The little border bits are detachable it seems. Even if they aren't, you can make something akin to a cell membranes phospholipid bilayer if you place the end bits back to back so that they all become compatible. I may finally get to see a VC terrain release yet!
<--- What he said.

I'm just sayin.
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:39 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

It looks like all the tiles are compatible when I zoom in. The little border bits are detachable it seems. Even if they aren't, you can make something akin to a cell membranes phospholipid bilayer if you place the end bits back to back so that they all become compatible. I may finally get to see a VC terrain release yet! Maybe even a master set! It looks like there'd be a strong number of elemental or ghostly types.
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:41 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

OK so here's my wild speculation. I don't think those flat tiles are tiles at all. I think it's a printed mat. Look at the outer tile edges, you can see the line where the normal tile should end, and then the rectangular bit that sticks out. This wouldn't make sense if they were tiles, but would be compatible with a printed mat. (Or a poorly photoshopped mockup!) Those are clearly Scape tiles on top (look at the surface). So my guess is, the game will come with some modular boards with printed hexes on them. As the game progresses, each player will add Scape hexes on top of the mat, which will change the landscape and somehow generate mana.

At least, that's how I would do it. If I am right, do I get a cookie?
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:43 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A physical cookie, or a computer 'cookie?'
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:49 AM

Look. At. The. Dice.

EDIT: And the glyphs.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It looks like the outer edges have doodads linked in for some reason, similar to what you have to end a hallway in Descent. If those tiles are not compatible with 'Scape, they are pretty close.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Look at the weird tiles. Some of them appear to use the standard Scape design while others have a different pattern along some edges.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion