Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 9th, 2010, 03:45 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Casual Game Day - West Chester, PA - Nov 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallow View Post

no words
DITTO... well maybe NOT... I'm sadened, but it was expected, just later than NOW! However, my life has been enlivened and enriched by this unusual hobby and the relationships I have built with some great people over the years. I've always been a proponent of customized terrain and proxy figures to "enhance" the game's themes and appeal, so I intend to continue playing HS or the HS mechanics in some form for as long as I am able.

P.S. @ TOM -- another great looking BoV Map, Kudos!

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; November 16th, 2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Corrected typographical error.
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:58 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
P.S. @ TOM -- another great looking BoV Map, Kudos!
Thanks! Hopefully we can get in a game on it together on the 20th.
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Tom - I added Northern Passage to the pool.

Any updates on attendees? We've got a lot of maybes and only a few confirmed, unless I missed a post or two.
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:56 PM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll still be there, even if it is just the three of us! Come on people, this will probably be your first chance to buy/play the new D3 stuff.
Old November 10th, 2010, 02:41 PM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

Justine and I will be attending. We will be bringing our son, who we have been teaching the game to, so he can play some as well!
Old November 14th, 2010, 10:32 AM

grunttactics Woo who?

I can make this one. Count me in!
Old November 14th, 2010, 11:52 AM

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

First post updated. We have five maps at the moment - we'll need to think about adding a few if more people are planning to attend.

I'm picking up D3 on Wednesday and hoping to have a few builds ready to try on Saturday. Can't wait!

Also - I'll be bringing Summoner Wars if anyone wants to give that a go.
Old November 14th, 2010, 11:38 PM

fallow is surprisingly tart

I can't make it, daughter has a ballet recital.

Have fun!

-Member, defeated by Xanth club.

-Selling most of my 'Scape to keep from losing my house :/
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:09 PM

Too bad, but family comes first. That's why I make my kids play games.

Hopefully I'll see you at one of the other upcoming events.
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:17 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Count me in and move my name up to the Confirmed List. Looking forward to to being there and seeing all ya'all again this Saturday on the 20th (and hoping they finished the road repairs on the exit ramp, hehe).

Scott ~ you still haven't given us much guidance as to what you'd like to see as far as FORMAT (besides wanting to try out the new D3s). I'll just bring a variety of Armies that I can pick and choose units from and stay flexible.

Since I haven't gotten any feedback as to who might also be interested in a larger 4-way battle or specific campaign scenario (except for Fallow, who is now not coming, and DS2, who is still a maybe), I will just plan on building one of the maps that you have selected. Let me know which one (asap) so I can download the instruction file and do some preliminary assembling.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Count me in and move my name up to the Confirmed List. Looking forward to to being there and seeing all ya'all again this Saturday on the 20th (and hoping they finished the road repairs on the exit ramp, hehe).
Awesome - glad you can make it. Yes, the exit ramp repairs are completed, so you should be able to get off right at the lot entrance.

Quote:
Scott ~ you still haven't given us much guidance as to what you'd like to see as far as FORMAT (besides wanting to try out the new D3s). I'll just bring a variety of Armies that I can pick and choose units from and stay flexible.
Anything goes. 500 points of whatever is the guideline but we're even flexible on that. I'm planning on trying some Warforged and Wyrmlings along with some of the new stuff.

Quote:
Since I haven't gotten any feedback as to who might also be interested in a larger 4-way battle or specific campaign scenario (except for Fallow, who is now not coming, and DS2, who is still a maybe), I will just plan on building one of the maps that you have selected. Let me know which one (asap) so I can download the instruction file and do some preliminary assembling.
If you'd like to take either Failed Negotiations or Capuan Arena, that would be great - I have Vorago and Blindgate built already. Alternately, if you have a map that you'd love to try, or already have assembled, then bring it along!
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:31 AM

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I will be bringing the Northern Passage map along with me. I am also willing to bring a three player map as well if you guys have any interest in that. Let me know and I will see what I can come up with.

Also, does anybody have some fire elementals that they could bring along. I really want to give Kurrok a go and I need more fire elementals! If anybody wants to try out any figures (new or old) just let me know and I will gladly bring them along.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events