Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 18th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Maryland NHSD 2009

NHSD will come to Maryland this year!!

The Date: Oct. 17th 2009

The Time: 1:00 pm start time. Check in at 12:30.

The Place: Renaissance Games
2315 A-6 Belair Rd.
Fallston, Md. 21047
(Same place as the other Maryland tournies.)

Format: To honor Heroscape on NHSD, we will actually have two formats.

Format 1: Heat of Battle: Create a 450 point force. (No Marvel) We will use the heat of battle rules, for those not familar with them feel free to ask. I'm not posting them because most of us know them. If you don't, ask here, or pm me. Remember there still will be a 24 space starting restriction.

Format 2: General Wars: Create a 500 point force. (No Marvel) All units must follow the same general. 24 space start zone. Standard scape rules apply.

How it will work: We will play a 5 round tourny. Rounds 1 and 3 will be General wars. Rounds 2 and 4 will be heat of battle. Before round 5 a die will be rolled to determine which format will be used for the 5th round.

If you want to bring the same army for both thats fine. Bear in mind the points difference between the formats and the fact that all units must be from the same general for format 2.

This will be the second event in the Eastern Pa/ Maryland scapers 3 event series. I would link this to that but Im no good with computers. As such, we are asking for a $5.00 entry fee which will go towards the prize pool for the main event at the end of our series.
Of course prize donations are always welcome for this event. Bruce, owner of Renaissance Games will be working his sales reps to try to get some support for this event as well.

As always, help with maps would be appreciated. Maps are TBD at this point.

I must limit this to 24 players. While we will have a good amount of space, but I wouldn't want to have to turn anyone away. As soon as you know you can make it let me know so I can reserve your spot.

Really looking forward to this!!

Players
1. Clancampbell
2. Xanth
3. Aerindane
4. Zak
5. Drewcula
6. Spidysox
7. Lil miss spidysox
8. Tom
9. Shaugville
10. Tony
11. Technomagus
12. Peteparkerh
13. Lilmiss pete
14. Jackall
15. Civil war dude
16. Myst9
17. Lizardking
18. Charlie
19. Follower of Vydar
20. Phil the thrill
21. Gorthan313
22. Ian
23. Arcus
24. wk4c
25. wk4c's dad
26. wk4c cousin
27. Kalislord

Possibles:
Man o war

Maps:
Mole Hills - by Arcus
Ticalla Sunrise - by Spidysox
Badru Valley - by Spidysox
Flash fire - by Jackall
Ruins of Pine tree marsh - by Jackall
Sidewinder - by Clancampbell
Highways and dieways - Kalislord
Ticalla stronghold (Rednax's maps) - by Clancampbell
Hide and seek (Gamebear's maps) - by Tom
Healing Waters (Gamebear's maps) - by Tom
High Point 2 (Tom's maps) - by Tom
Map of doom (Clancampbell's maps) - by Clancampbell
Map of joy (Clancampbell's maps) - by Clancampbell

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Last edited by clancampbell; October 14th, 2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:17 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Maryland NHSD

Here is a link for the overall series of events thread.

Here is a link to the NHSD in Maryland thread.

I really hope I can make this, but I think my daughter's birthday party will have to take precedence. Maybe I can convince the wife to move it to Sunday?
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Here is a link for the overall series of events thread.

Here is a link to the NHSD in Maryland thread.

I really hope I can make this, but I think my daughter's birthday party will have to take precedence. Maybe I can convince the wife to move it to Sunday?
Thanks for the links. Everyone knows sundays are better for birthday parties.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 20th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Your going to be having quite a lot of trouble getting participates as Onacara's NHSD is going to be the 17th as well!

I suspect most will be going to that one.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 20th, 2009, 08:05 PM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Your going to be having quite a lot of trouble getting participates as Onacara's NHSD is going to be the 17th as well!

I suspect most will be going to that one.
I don't think it will be that big of a deal. Most of the regular Maryland crew sticks solely to the Maryland events anyway. Also, I would imagine that Onacara's event will be in the far Northeast area and therefore drawing from a different pool of players. The overlap won't be too bad.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 04:21 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Good luck with that one!

I'm actually surprised she does do it on a Saturday. I would think it would be easier to get everyone together on a Sunday.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old August 22nd, 2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Quote:
Good luck with that one!

I'm actually surprised she does do it on a Saturday. I would think it would be easier to get everyone together on a Sunday.
Already got the party switched to Sunday! The only problem is my wife now has something else she wants me to do on Saturday. I just gotta wait and see how this plays out. Are you going to make this one Arcus or will you just be helping me with practice Scape again ?
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Quote:
Good luck with that one!

Already got the party switched to Sunday! The only problem is my wife now has something else she wants me to do on Saturday. I just gotta wait and see how this plays out. Are you going to make this one Arcus or will you just be helping me with practice Scape again ?
This one is a good possibility for me, but I'll need some reminding as it gets closer so I can request off (I know you'll keep me posted). Working as a bartender can definitely hamper weekend activities, but the money is good so I can't complain.

I will definitely be up for some practicing whenever you are. I'd also like to run my little Aquilla side project by you so you can help me flesh them out before I send them to Truth.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread

Last edited by Arcus; August 23rd, 2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 04:08 PM

shaugville is surprisingly tart

I am probable for this one! Excited!
Old September 1st, 2009, 12:38 AM

shaugville is surprisingly tart
Re: Maryland NHSD 2009

You can consider me as confirmed. I am coming. I will see if I can bring someone along too.
Old September 1st, 2009, 01:20 AM

Please put me in for confirmed as well. The planets aligned and I got the Saturday cleared. I will be bringing some maps as usual. By the way, any ideas for maps yet? I would like to see some different stuff apart from the typical BOV maps.
Old September 8th, 2009, 06:14 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I talked to Peteparkerh the other day, you can put him down as well as Lil' Miss Pete.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day