Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 30th, 2008, 12:19 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Mage Knight

Anyone here still play it? I was wondering how good of a game it was. You can get the minis for quite cheap now, so I was wondering if it was worth it to try playing. I've got 15 or so figures I've been using for HS customs, but I haven't modded or taken them off of the bases, in case I'd ever want to try MK.
Old November 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
Re: Mage Knight

download rules and reference sheet for abilities from WK website, before its too late (I suppose the site will be taken down, soon or later), and try a game by yourself.

then, if you need some figures, I have some extras. if you want to trade overseas, we can arrange something...
Old November 30th, 2008, 02:18 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I've got the rules. They're the 2nd edition, I think. I bought a starter set on clearance for like $10, and it came with a free booster. I've heard many bad things about the 2nd edition, though. Most of my figures came after that, so what edition is better, and can I use the new figures with the old rules?
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:47 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I've got the rules. They're the 2nd edition, I think. I bought a starter set on clearance for like $10, and it came with a free booster. I've heard many bad things about the 2nd edition, though.
in fact, second edition (MK 2.0) is way better than the previous version. the disappointment is due to a quite high complexity incremention, I believe. The former version was a very simple fun game, but can lead to very static games, ad it rewarded defensive play. MK2.0 has more rules, but it leads to a more dynamic gameplay.

Quote:
Most of my figures came after that, so what edition is better, and can I use the new figures with the old rules?
nope. but you can use old figures with new rules.
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:21 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Most of my figures came after that, so what edition is better, and can I use the new figures with the old rules?
nope. but you can use old figures with new rules.

Well, then I guess I'll try the second edition! Thanks for your help!
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Both versions have good and bad points. 2nd edition rules are fine and allow the use of both 1st and 2nd edition figures. I recommend minimizing the use of any Relic/Spellbooks as they were the least playtested and caused problems with balance in the game.

Newb.
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:21 AM
...has moist legs

I think I have two relics, but no spellbooks. I wasn't planning on using those anyway, as it just makes it more complicated.
Old December 26th, 2008, 08:58 AM

saintBYgrace has disabled reputation

I still have my 4 horsemen and the HUGE dragon from Mage knight. The dragon is awesome but then so are the 4 horsemen.

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in your ways and He will direct your paths."
Old December 27th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintBYgrace View Post
I still have my 4 horsemen and the HUGE dragon from Mage knight. The dragon is awesome but then so are the 4 horsemen.
Weren't those tough to get back in the day? How did you pull that off? I still have the 4 dragons, plus the dwarf tank and Egyptian tank thingie.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old January 15th, 2009, 01:43 AM

kboleen is surprisingly tart

There was a time when my wife and I plus our friends played every week. But as with everything, we moved on. I discovered LOTR TMG, my friends broke up, and my wife doesn't play games anymore. However I do get her to play MK Dungeons from time-to-time. If you have a chance, play the Dungeon Mage Knight. You should be able to get some Heroes off eBay relatively cheap and buy a lot of Mage Spawn too. I think you'll enjoy it.

"Be of good courage..."
Old February 6th, 2009, 07:12 PM

Gypsy has disabled reputation

Maybe Someone would be Nice enough to Help Me Out & explain a little strategy to me. With the 3 degrees of Ability(weak,standard,tough), why would anyone want to collect anything but Tough figures?
I suddenly have in my Possesion about 1000 figures & need to know before I start building Armies & depleting Extras. Thanks.

"Finally, a New Exit from the Underdark..."
Old February 6th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Mostly just a points thing. The blues were cheaper than the reds and the yellows cheaper still. Sometimes, you'd want the extra dudes for the attack modifiers.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures