Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 11th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
We know a little bit more about wave 5 by now!

I'm really not trying to sound whiney, but it just seems that with previous waves, we knew what we could expect a couple of weeks before they came out.

In retrospect, I cannot remember how much of this information was made available to us aside from Con pictures and the discovery by someone on hq of the extra pages on the charaters links on the official site. I really do not know what is different about wave 5.

Am I being to pushy, or has anyone else wondered the same thing? Much less than 1 month before "release" and all we have is a low quality shelf pic?

-jj

smallboxgames.com
Old June 11th, 2006, 01:02 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
I would expect releases to slow a bit until distribution gets sorted out. There are still a ton of people without Wave 4 and 4.5.......

I just want my castles!

-Ski
Old June 11th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Have you seen the shelf pics yet. I see ninja's and I'm becoming just as impatient

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old June 11th, 2006, 01:58 PM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski
I would expect releases to slow a bit until distribution gets sorted out.
Was this a new post, or were you just quoting from a .net post from two years ago?
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:22 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Good one!
But actually, distribution has never been worse with HS, IMO.

And justjohn - I'd say you are completely correct in thinking this is odd, to have already had a show that displayed Wave 5, and it be less than a month till supposed release, and there isn;t one scrap of info except a fuzzy pic taken from about 10 feet away.

It certainly seems like Hasbro has changed their marketing of HS - of course, almost-complete-lock-down of info seldom sold anything or generated any buzz...

It's kinda seems like a studio not releasing any review prints and not having any screenings of a movie before it comes out - doesn't show a strong confidence in the product when business do this kind of thing.
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:26 PM

cavie Woo who?
I agree Reaper. I've pre ordered Wave 5 and got to thinking - what did I just order? I hope we're not seeing an end to production - maybe things will slow down after wave 5 and castles? I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:29 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I wouldn't be too surprise if there wasn't another massive update on the heroscape site until GenCon. We saw this when Jandar's Oath came out, the pages weren't up until well after people had the figs in hand. Same with Volcarren Wasteland, and that was supposed to be a promo item, I would have thought that TRU would have pushed hasbro to post that set to drive sales.

They just don't seem have the website on a high priority. I guess that is why I don't go there much.
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee
They just don't seem have the website on a high priority. I guess that is why I don't go there much.
Right. And previously garylasq provided scoops by combing the site, but they've since gotten wise. It's possible the info is out there but we just don't have access yet.
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:44 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie
I agree Reaper. I've pre ordered Wave 5 and got to thinking - what did I just order? I hope we're not seeing an end to production - maybe things will slow down after wave 5 and castles? I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Why do people keep saying that? The time between releases has remained fairly steady, there was zero pre-relesae information from the official channels on most waves. Zanafor's discovery was an aberration in my mind.

The game came out in August 04, 2 years later we have seen 4 normal expansion groups, 2 large expansion groups, 1 exclusive expansion, 1 exclusive master set, and have announcement on another major terrain expansion and another wave of normal expansions due by the anniversary of the product.

This doesn't seem slow to me. I haven't even had time to play with all the figs from Zanafor's discovery yet and I'm planning to buy Thora's Vengeance.

In fact, I remember complaints from people about a year ago that new figs were being release to fast.

From another thread where this info seemed to help (dates are mostly approximate and based on first hands on reports when possible):
August 8th 2004 Master Set(hero found in walmart): Rise of the Valkyrie
December 2004 Wave 1: Mallidons Prophecy
June 2005 Wave 2: Utgar's Rage
July 18th 2005 Wave 2.5 (I received from Cardhaus):Orm's Return, and RttFF
Volcarren Wasteland
September 2005 Wave 3: Jandar's Oath
Feb 2006 Wave 4: Zanafor's Discovery
April 2006 Wave 4.5: Thaelenk Tundra, Raknars Vision
Due in July Wave 5: Thora's Vengeance(name per Hasbro)
Due in August/Sept Wave 5.5: Fortress of the Archkyrie

Looking at those dates, production/release is speeding up, not slowing down.
Old June 11th, 2006, 03:44 PM
ultradoug

GaryLASQ did you find anything yet
Old June 11th, 2006, 03:47 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradoug
GaryLASQ did you find anything yet
Gary should email Hasbro a short message:

"Are you on to me yet?"

Old June 11th, 2006, 04:01 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
bunj - great post.

And thanks for re-posting that great timeline.

But really, the releases have little to do with this thread - this thread is pondering WHY THE HECK isn;t there more info about Wave 5?

I think it's worthy of a note, since I don't remember there ever being this little info so close to a release.
What do you think of the lack of information? (not of any conclusions about production and future releases...)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News