Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old May 9th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Hexless/gridless Heroscape

Yeah, there is a lot more freedom and worldbuilding to be had.

The one thing that will be challenging for some, is buying/building terrain and requiring more storage space to keep it.

You can set the standard size map as being 3x3 feet, as that has become the standard in a lot of newer tabletop minis games. This keeps it reasonable, as opposed to 4x4 or 4x6 feet.

Even if you double the move/range to be 2in per 1 move or range stat, that really only puts out a max of like 14 or 16 inches? But most would be in the 10 or 12 inch range. That is pretty low as compared to games like Frostgrave where archers/crossbowmen have 24 inch range, and many of the wizard spells are line of sight. And a hugely popular and deep game called Infinity has infinite range. So for those types of games, having a lot of terrain and LoS blockers is important. But with the lower range of this project, people wouldn't need as much terrain, and can always start out using castles, trees, warehouses etc, from their Heroscape collection and then add new stuff as they can afford to or as their creative building skills allow.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 9th, 2017, 09:19 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, this sounds fun @TREX . Great idea!

I'm wondering how specials like Mimring's Fireline Special Attack would work. It seems like not being on hexes would seriously affect these type of attacks because it would be so much easier for your opponent to avoid being in a straight line.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 9th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I'd make a template about 2 inches wide and whatever length. Any part of a base or figure covered by that template would be affected. It may take more planning and smart play by the Mimring player.

Old May 10th, 2017, 12:08 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@keglo it actually wouldnt be too hard on the mimring player because you can go in a straight line anywhere from mimring and if you have a 2inch wide ruler or even a 1inch wide ruler or template itd be just as effective as regular. I really like the direction this is going. Ive been out most of the day celebrating my wifes birthday but Im going to give the op some updates from our discussion. On a side note about terrain. I have made tons of hex terrain. Its not easy to line up the hexes perfectly. Especially on big pieces. But with this way terrain building should be quite easy as you just make a piece and throw it on the board or buy some random building or aquarium piece and throw it on there. Terrain will be had much easier for beginners. I plan on going all out with artistic beauty.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 10th, 2017, 06:55 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

@TREX and @Hahma

Ok, sounds great. For some reason, that ability just popped into my head.

I can't wait so see what all you guys come up with for this. And I can't wait to hear results from some of your actual playtest sessions.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 10th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You could have just read my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

You may need some kind of cut-out for Mimring's Fire Line and similar powers.
Good stuff here!

Love that terrain Hahma. I wanted that circular building for a C3G city battle.

Last edited by Tornado; May 10th, 2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old May 10th, 2017, 08:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

When I get off work today Ill update the op with a few things and the we can discuss options for a few things that came up with multiple routes we could take. My objective is: keep it as close to Hex Heroscape as possible without the grid. Some aspects to weigh out would be targeting: measure from center of the base or edge of the base. If going closer to regular heroscape standards I would go from the edge of the base. Thoughts? Also. Area of affect attacks. Hit everything from 2 inches from the center of the target figure. Hit everything 2 inches from the target figures base edge. Hit everything touching the target figures base. Or make a template for explosions. Based off what we make adjacency is what determines what id pick. Adjacency: within 2 inches of one another or figure/base contact. These are some of the options. We should discuss pros and cons on them and see what we settle with.

Old May 10th, 2017, 08:53 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That may just require some playtesting and really preference.

My suggestion would be try each different approach at least once.

For adjacency I have no real preference. Base to base feels cleaner.
Measuring from the base feels better but gives a slight advantage to bigger bases when mixing figures from different games (like HeroClix).

I am all for templates for explosions, area affect, Mimring's Fire Line, ect. but measuring from base keeps it more consistent. You would still need a template for Fire Line type powers.

Fun stuff. Some good interest as well.

Who knows, this could end the great quest for crumbling plastic map pieces.
Old May 10th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
You could have just read my post.

Quote:

You may need some kind of cut-out for Mimring's Fire Line and similar powers.
Good stuff here!

Love that terrain Hahma. I wanted that circular building for a C3G city battle.
I think I was busy typing when you posted Took me awhile to get it all typed out because I had to keep stopping to get dinner going since my wife stopped at the BMV after work and was running late.

That circular building comes unpainted and in flat sheets of mdf. So my buddy had a lot of work ahead of him. When we were at Adepticon, we talked to the guy that works for Warsenal, the guy that designs the terrain and painted much of it that was on display there. He said it took about three 8 hour days to paint that circular building. He is a real cool dude, and we spent a good half hour talking to him.

Old May 10th, 2017, 09:33 AM

Woah. Very cool but I am glad I did not order that building.

I would never finish painting it.
Old May 10th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Prickly Cactus

Well you could have painted it quicker, but wouldn't look quite the same

There are a ton of details he hand painted, and he used some kind of tape to mask off certain things when airbrushing parts, as well as some kind of masking film or something I've never heard of.

I look forward to seeing how my buddy's turns out.

Old May 10th, 2017, 11:02 AM
"like" happy

Okay, I'm on my break and have got to somewhat update the OP. Shall we discuss some pros and cons of some of the items.

Adjacent Status:
-Within range 1 like heroscape which would be a figure within a 2 inch radius around the figure.
-Bases/figures touching.
My thoughts
-Range 1 being up to 1 move=2inches, Figures with bonuses such as adjacent attack bonus such as finn or grut orcs with their champions get the bonus without being squished right next to each other. keeps the move space=inches consistent with measuring all attacks. Melee range 1 figures could attack a little easier.
-Figure bases touching, more realistic in hand to hand melee combat, and is the norm for other games with similar rules.

Right now I like both approaches with the first one being slightly more my favorite because of how you could keep it similar in spaces/inches.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions