Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 15th, 2015, 06:37 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Trench

Hey all-

I wanted to let you all know about an excellent game called Trench. It is not yet available in the USA, but I'm positive it will be soon. I have a copy because I paypalled 70 Euros to the designer of the game and got one shipped from Portugal.

It's a very well designed game reminiscent of chess, but with it's own unique place. It is basically a chess board turned sideways with a diagonal line across the middle which is the Trench. It is based on the trench warfare of WWI. There are 5 ranks of pieces (general, colonel, captain, sergeant, and soldier). The soldier can move 1 space, the sergeant can move 2, the captain can move 3, the colonel can move 4, and the general can move 5. As far as directional, the soldier has the least amount of directions it can move, and each level up increases an additional direction they can move.

I've played it a few times now and it's really well balanced. I'm loving it. So here are some links for those that might want to check it out. It's a two player abstract, no luck involved. But it moves much quicker than chess.

http://www.criacoesasolo.com/

Part 1

Part 2

Keep your eyes open. They are currently looking for someone to release this in the USA.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old June 15th, 2015, 06:39 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Re: Trench

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7709114&type=1

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old June 15th, 2015, 09:27 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Trench

I want this game. I'm not going to spend $70 to have it mailed here, but I'll certainly be getting a copy when it releases stateside.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games