Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 7th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Got in some Kingsburg last night, followed by two more rounds of Pathfinder: Adventure Card Game. I'm loving the latter, since I now have a group that's hungry for it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 7th, 2015, 10:22 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
We demo'ed Flick 'Em Up and I really wanted to get it, but we were stretched thin with other purchases.
I have a copy being sent to me by a friend who picked it up for me at Gen Con.
I was able to procure a copy yesterday. It is really fun for a dexterity game. We don't play many other than Pitch Car, but the theme of FlickemUp was an auto-buy for me.

Played another game of MagicScape last night. Definitely better on BoV maps. Then was thoroughly whipped by CatScaper's Fire/Water Vingolf heavy deck in a Force of Will duel. Back to the drawing board for my Light/Dark deck.
Old August 7th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Is this "Force of Will" game the one where you blind purchase cards, rip off the foil, and then look at the card *backs*, not even the faces, to see if you got what you want? So you can be disappointed without even looking at the fronts of the cards?

Heh. Junkie.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 7th, 2015, 01:03 PM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Is this "Force of Will" game the one where you blind purchase cards, rip off the foil, and then look at the card *backs*, not even the faces, to see if you got what you want? So you can be disappointed without even looking at the fronts of the cards?

Heh. Junkie.
Yes or you can do like I do and wait for the real junkies to trade the good stuff for more packs to trade for more packs, rinse repeat. Then take the good ones out of the binder because you own them.
Old August 7th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Ashes felt like a next-generation dueling card game. The game play doesn't - by design - allow for big turns like you see in similar games. You can use powerful tools immediately but you can only do one thing at a time, and some things use more or precious resources that will limit your options later.

And lots of pretty dice.
Bumping this post because I just watched a review calling it "Magic 3.0." I remembered my "next-generation" comment here & was glad to see somebody else shared my opinion.

Here's the video. I think he speaks for me, too, about all of it:

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; August 7th, 2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: He also says, "If you don't like this kind of game, you should try it anyway." Agreed. This is Good Stuff.
Old August 7th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Ashes felt like a next-generation dueling card game. The game play doesn't - by design - allow for big turns like you see in similar games. You can use powerful tools immediately but you can only do one thing at a time, and some things use more or precious resources that will limit your options later.

And lots of pretty dice.
Bumping this post because I just watched a review calling it "Magic 3.0." I remembered my "next-generation" comment here & was glad to see somebody else shared my opinion.

Here's the video. I think he speaks for me, too, about all of it:

Yeah DS, I watched Joel's video before buying the game. He's one of the reviewers I use before buying a lot of games.

The thing that I've found just in messing around with the game a bit and from several reviews and also interviews at GenCon, is that Ashes lets players get into the action right away. While there may be some minor engine building here and there, most of it isn't and you are able to set up a plan right away with your first 5 cards.

The dice add several things to the game. They are mana/resources needed to do certain actions and you can roll well or bad, but you can still discard cards to change some dice to what you want, as well as there's some cards that will do that too. Each different dice type has it's own special power that you can use as a side action, so that adds options as well as making for more differences available from deck to deck.

I love the art too. Fernanda Suarez is fantastic. She did all of the art for this game and did a bunch for Dead of Winter. I think her stock just skyrocketed.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 7th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

She was at GenCon. Though I've never met her, I was very happy for her that she could make the trip. That must have been quite a thrill.

Interestingly, you can trace the family tree for Ashes as follows:

Heroscape -> Summoner Wars -> [Plaid Hat influences] -> Ashes

And you can trace the Arena of the Planeswalkers this way:

Magic -> Various LCG and CCG MtG 2.0 -> AotP

And yet, AotP is much more like Heroscape than it is like Magic, and Ashes is much more like Magic than it is like Heroscape.

= =
Old August 7th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

And yet, AotP is much more like Heroscape than it is like Magic, and Ashes is much more like Magic than it is like Heroscape.
You're weird

~Aldin, who loves Ashes and thinks Fernanda Suarez's art is amazing

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 7th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

That may be, but I'm in good company.

= =
Old August 7th, 2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
That may be, but I'm in good company.
You rang?
Old August 7th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:

You're weird

I'm not sure how the whole acquisition thing will affect it, but when I talked to Isaac Vega at Gen Con, he told me that Fernanda Suarez is now an employee of Plaid Hat, so we can expect to see even more of her amazing art in future PHG releases!
Old August 7th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:

You're weird

I'm not sure how the whole acquisition thing will affect it, but when I talked to Isaac Vega at Gen Con, he told me that Fernanda Suarez is now an employee of Plaid Hat, so we can expect to see even more of her amazing art in future PHG releases!
Super awesome news Akden. Thanks for the info!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games