Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old March 28th, 2008, 08:28 AM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
I spent all of last Saturday playing assault/defend the castle. We played about 8 games of 2v2. It was a lot of fun, and we came up with some really good strategies, but we did realize that melee squads are pointless for attacking the door.

I have an idea for a house rule next time I play, let me see what you guys think. Melee characters can roll one unblockable attack die against the door instead of a normal attack. That would make sense that melee figures could slowly bash a door down, but this way, Krug, Jotan, Su-Bak-Na, etc. don't lose their advantages. With only one attack die, you have a 50% to do one damage. What do you guys think?
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:38 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker
I was able to destroy the door once with Su-bak-na and the stingers. SBN took it down to 3 hit points and then stingers (with height and drain) took care of the rest. Oh yea, SBK had a handful of nagrubs to munch on too.

It was the only time I've successfully taken out the door. Every other time I've tried I've ended up as a pile of bodies with the door little more than scratched.

And yes, I do know that flying over the door with SBK probably would have been smarter.

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD997
I have an idea for a house rule next time I play, let me see what you guys think. Melee characters can roll one unblockable attack die against the door instead of a normal attack. That would make sense that melee figures could slowly bash a door down, but this way, Krug, Jotan, Su-Bak-Na, etc. don't lose their advantages. With only one attack die, you have a 50% to do one damage. What do you guys think?
I like this idea. You wouldn't necessarily have to use the 'big guns',so to speak, in your army if you didn't want to. Plus, even if you got lucky on all your attack rolls, it would still take a couple of rounds to do the door in. A very good idea SVD997. I'll have to give it a try next time we play.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:15 AM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD997
I like this idea. You wouldn't necessarily have to use the 'big guns',so to speak, in your army if you didn't want to. Plus, even if you got lucky on all your attack rolls, it would still take a couple of rounds to do the door in. A very good idea SVD997. I'll have to give it a try next time we play.
Thanks. It makes sense to me. Just for sake of example, you could use an elf army to attack the castle. WoA attacking the door, backed by Sonlen and Syvarris. Good chance to take down the door without having to spend points on big characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym
Plus, even if you got lucky on all your attack rolls, it would still take a couple of rounds to do the door in.
Yeah, even if you do damage for every attack, a typical squad is 3 characters, and you could do a maximum of 9 damage in a round if you used nothing but them for the whole round. So the door is still a powerful force, but the defenders wouldn't have such a huge advantage.
Old March 28th, 2008, 03:07 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I have gotten the door destroyed on me once in a fgame that lasted 2 days
Any way you can fly over the walls but in real life, most of the time (assuming you can fly) you can't.Castles have a roof
Old March 28th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy
Any way you can fly over the walls but in real life, most of the time (assuming you can fly) you can't.Castles have a roof
Yeah, you can fly over the walls. But we always put our troops up on the castle walkways so that double-hexed characters can't land. Or if they landed in the courtyard, we had our troops up top fire down on them from range before they could really do anything to open the door. No matter what you do, the door is definitely tough to take down.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM

NEMT knows what's in an order marker NEMT knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy

Not necessarily. The way I see the castle is as the outer wall and not the keep, the keep would have had a roof. But the wall and its roof (if any) would not extend all the way to the keep, leaving the courtyard for our dragons.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's