Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 3rd, 2008, 11:43 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
Re: My Favorite Authors

G.K. Chesterton
C.S. Lewis
Viktor Frankel

For pure fiction:
Frank Peretti
Brian Jaques
Jack London

Last edited by RageAngel; December 5th, 2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
George R.R. Martin

Jim Butcher

Robin Hobb

Raymond Feist

Robert Jorden (RIP)
I'm with Keglo for: George R. R. Martin, Jim Butcher & Raymond Feist. I'll add some other favorites of mine.

W.E.B. Griffin

R. A. Salvatore

Elaine Cunningham

John Farris

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:34 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart

My favorite author is Mario Puzo. I like the violent themes of most of his books and how he writes it in a way that a "good guy' is always doing the right thing, even when he is tying people down and hacking off their feet, then their knees, then leg socket, etc. with ahatchet. (Luca Brasi, [I]The Godfather [I]) And, he writes well. Even the books that aren't centered on violence mafioso are written magnificently (The Dark Arena)

Next, i would have to say Carl Hiassan because of his great diversity of interesting characterization. (A 6'10" politician who killed a man for deforming his face in a freakish plastic surgery procedure who and now works as a hitman and a club bouncer, but because his hand was bitten off by a barracuda he uses a weed whacker instead of a prosthetic hand and when fight breaks out he turns it on and put it in the middle of a crowd (Skin Tight).) (run on fragment)

Next would be Lewis Grizzard. His writing is very naturalistic, when you read one of his books it feels like your just sitting there talking to him. (My Daddy was a Pistol and I'm a Son of a Gun)

That's enough for rightnow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books