Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old July 19th, 2007, 02:56 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Marvel Heroscape First Impressions

You know those first feelings, reactions and emotions that accompany the opening of a new toy? Well here's my somewhat stream-of-consciousness experience with Marvel Heroscape. Feel free to share yours or trash mine!

Well, wow, small box, I guess people weren't kidding about the size. The front art is very nice and really makes me want to play right now, darn, can't think of a way to build a map in the car...I can drive and eat Jack-in-the-Box...well I guess the dice would go under the seat anyway...ok finally home, darn, stupid dinner is served,ok, have to eat first don't want to look like a desperate maniac in front to the wife...put box across the table, but can't read it, "it's dinner time hon, not reading time," ugh! OK finally, opening box...instruction book fell out, who cares it's all the same instructions anyway...hmmm...figures placed on top for quick access...ok, let's go over them...who to look at first? Silver Surfer, nice pose, riped muscles, oh and not blobbly paint, in fact, his body detail shows really well...ok, Thanos, no flamey hand, that sucks, gold sashes are not so well painted but sculpt is cool...Iron Man...the face looks weird, like a skull, eyes and mouth shady black, ok, his backside...WOW! The detail in the back is great, very high tech looking, I just wish he was flying like in the cover...Red Skull, more like bright eyes, need to wash them with a darker color, cool pose though and nice paint in the jacket...Cap, ok, bad pose, well, more like boring, "here I am, waiting for the bus" kind of pose, paint is fine, nice detail on his scale mail armor, I just wish he was more dynamic...ok, Hulk, awesome paint job, awesome pose, but what's this? The face is not awesome...it's superb! They really did good on the face and neck detail, this figure is perfect...Abomination, kind of abominable to look at, boring pose, boring sculpt boring paint job, not very exciting, nice detail on the back though...Spidey, nice paint, not blobbly or shiny like the website pics, very adequate, pose not too dynamic, just sort of standing there like Cap...Venom, the balck color hurts him, makes him unexciting to look at, the tongue is cool but I wish he was crouching a little, several of the figs look like they are posing for a picture instead of fighting a battle...OK, I waited too long, my precious is next...DOOM! Oh-my-God! (here's where I squeal like a school girl and jump up and down with my wife staring at me like "are you ok little girl") "OMG he's perfect, he's perfect, he's perfect," great pose, I love the gold trimmings, don't remember those from anywhere else but they do look cool, wow, perfection, him and Hulk are the best by far...Ok, terrain...terrain...terrain..where's the terrain? oh , wait, here it is, yeah, that's it? hmmm...not terribly packed with it I guess no trouble putting it all back in the box...well, let's put it together...not a lot of options in configuration...there, I guess it kind of looks like a street, sort of, vaguely, now the ruin, should be easy, instructions? nah, I got it I'm a man....(a few minutes later) "!@#$% why don't you stay put you evil piece of plastic? OK, there...don't fall, darn you fell, ok again, done! hmm...small map, tiny map...here she comes "hmm, hon, I don't think range matters on this map huh? You can pretty much shoot right off the bat," yeah, well I guess I can build central park or something later with my trees...ok, what are the special rules for the terrain? hmmm, no plus movement on the roads? Well I guess heroes are not cars, still, not special rules for the terrain is lame...ok, well, now to play but not today, today I simply stare and bask in the coolness of little plastic marvel figures for Heroscape, (which do not look shiny at all which is a great relief) what a beautiful day!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old July 19th, 2007, 03:25 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Holy wall of text, Batman!

Could you paragraph that a little bit? I'm really interested in what it says, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to read it.
Old July 19th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It'd be hard to paragraph it, as it's all stream of consciousness, which adds somewhat to the delight of reading it. :P

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 19th, 2007, 03:34 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
It'd be hard to paragraph it, as it's all stream of consciousness, which adds somewhat to the delight of reading it. :P
Fine. I guess I'll start chipping away then. It looks too fun to ignore.
Old July 19th, 2007, 04:20 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sorry Eclipse, I did think about paragraphing it but it just wouldn't read the same.

As far as the game, I'm happy with it and I'm impressed at how well they captured the essence of the characters as it is nearly impossible to please everyone. Heck, I have my own ideas of what each character should do. But in the end it was well done. I'm just happy to have it! Now if I could only play it. Right now the Houston group is playing a season of games with drafted teams so all our game time goes to that so no Marvel yet. I can stare with dreamy eyes at Doom though.

Oh, by the way, I would love to hear other stream reactions to the set!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old July 19th, 2007, 05:00 PM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
Sorry Eclipse, I did think about paragraphing it but it just wouldn't read the same.

As far as the game, I'm happy with it and I'm impressed at how well they captured the essence of the characters as it is nearly impossible to please everyone. Heck, I have my own ideas of what each character should do. But in the end it was well done. I'm just happy to have it! Now if I could only play it. Right now the Houston group is playing a season of games with drafted teams so all our game time goes to that so no Marvel yet. I can stare with dreamy eyes at Doom though.

I swallowed it, choked once or twice, but only because I gulped it down in too big of bites. Great impressions. I'll be sure to add my own when and if my order ever arrives
Old July 19th, 2007, 05:01 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:

Here's mine:

C'mon, c'mon... YES parking spot. Get out of my way, old lady! Toys toys toys here's the aisle with the Magnetix and Pirates crap and there's the Heroscape section aaaaaaaaaand not there maybe over here nope alphabetical? no it should be. right. here. maybe it's behind High School Musical no no no OUCH that one landed on my foot no no dangit!

Repeat.
Old July 19th, 2007, 05:26 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Toys toys toys here's the aisle with the Magnetix and Pirates crap and there's the Heroscape section aaaaaaaaaand not there...
Hahah! My thoughts exactly every time I enter a Walmart/Target.
Old July 19th, 2007, 05:33 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Mine is...see high school musical...curse store's retarded products...should have more HS.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
I just played my first game with my Marvelscape yesterday and I was very pleased with it. True, not a ton of terrain , but the figures were all very nice and took me right back to the days of 25 cent comics. The games are fast and furious and all the different special powers make for some unexpected happenings.

Silver Surfer taking order markers (hurt me a couple of times), Thanos coming back from the dead (REALLY hurt me opponent a couple of times, right Allskulls?), Spidey's and Venom's spider sense saved them both (s-man from a 6-skull hit from Thanos), and Red Skull's control of friendly figures was really killer.

I am now pining for new figures. Thanks for folks like 'skulls who have cranked out the customs. Nova is my favorite, but others work very well.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:07 PM

Ursas has disabled reputation
I was lucky enought o play a few games when I picked up my set this weekend. I was very very pleased. Having played Heroclix and not enjoying it at all, this was a bit of a shock how much fun we had.

An example of how I really loathed heroclix is as follows...

Captain America comes up to Wolverine and does say one damage after he hits him. Wolverine then attacks and hit and does 6 damage. Well thats the end of that fight.

An example of Marvel Legends Heroscape as follows...

Captain America took over 4 hits but was still as effective as he was from the beginning, giving me the pleasure of seeing what all he could do.

The game for me, just captures the color and flare of the Marvel ( and hopefully DC ) Universe.

I felt all the figures did a great job of blanacing out both in gameplay and in regards to their comic counterparts.

A big Kudos to the playtesters and designers.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:42 PM

cycoduck is surprisingly tart
Re: Marvel Heroscape First Impressions

Quote:
You know those first feelings, reactions and emotions that accompany the opening of a new toy? Well here's my somewhat stream-of-consciousness experience with Marvel Heroscape. Feel free to share yours or trash mine!

Well, wow, small box, ....... what a beautiful day!
No more double shots of espresso for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Here's mine:

C'mon, c'mon... YES parking spot. Get out of my way, old lady! Toys toys toys here's the aisle with the Magnetix and Pirates crap and there's the Heroscape section aaaaaaaaaand not there maybe over here nope alphabetical? no it should be. right. here. maybe it's behind High School Musical no no no OUCH that one landed on my foot no no dangit!

Repeat.
I kindly refer you to the definition of insanity that was brought to your attention before. Here's your medication, there's the chair in front of Teletubbies on tv, so you can relax.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion