Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 24th, 2018, 12:02 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Trex's customs:Assassin's Creed/Attachment Cards 10/16/1

revised

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:59 AM.
Old October 24th, 2018, 10:34 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Typo on SEV card. Second power. You spelled his name SE. I'm never a fan of auto destroy powers even with a 20+ needed. But that's a personal thing for me. Vs. Common figures it's not an issue but taking out a Jedi with a single roll is different. I find these figures too hard to balance.

Glad you dropped the Order 66 from Sidious. To swingy.

For the Riot trooper I think you can reword it as such.

RIOT SHIELD
When a small or medium figure you control that follows the Galactic Empire rolls defense dice against a normal attack, if that figure is adjacent to any Riot Trooper you may add one to your defense.

The "any" is the key. Then you don't have to add the maximum of +1 dice.

On Grievous Droid Command I typically see powers such as these worded more like this...

After revealing an order marker on this card and moving, instead of attacking...

reads a bit cleaner than the two After's in the one sentence.

Looking good.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 24th, 2018, 11:44 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Typo on SEV card. Second power. You spelled his name SE. I'm never a fan of auto destroy powers even with a 20+ needed. But that's a personal thing for me. Vs. Common figures it's not an issue but taking out a Jedi with a single roll is different. I find these figures too hard to balance.

Glad you dropped the Order 66 from Sidious. To swingy.

For the Riot trooper I think you can reword it as such.

RIOT SHIELD
When a small or medium figure you control that follows the Galactic Empire rolls defense dice against a normal attack, if that figure is adjacent to any Riot Trooper you may add one to your defense.

The "any" is the key. Then you don't have to add the maximum of +1 dice.

On Grievous Droid Command I typically see powers such as these worded more like this...

After revealing an order marker on this card and moving, instead of attacking...

reads a bit cleaner than the two After's in the one sentence.

Looking good.
Thanks for the feedback japes. Ill get those card fixes in. All the times Ive played Delta squad they havent been really OP. Sevs assassination mark delta is at its best when the full group is alive. It really just keeps the enemies on their toes and hides away their really important guys until one or two of delta teams guys are dead. One of the things that keeps it in check is that your other members have to have eyes on the target to get their bonus. I only ever was able to take out a jedi once playing them. That doesnt mean its not possible. Having only 4 figures in a 500pt army isnt terribly competitive. But they are fun. Glad you like the tweaks. Any suggestions for sidious? Even if it is just better naming for some of the powers?

Old October 24th, 2018, 04:47 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I don't think you need to specify normal attack, since special attacks are never modified, but here is re-worded Ion Blaster:

Ion Blaster
When attacking a Droid figure with a normal attack, you may roll 1 additional attack die.

Can Delta Squad power be done as a race/class/personality instead of a special power? If not try this:
Delta Squad
This Army Card Boss is a member of Delta Squad.

I feel like there is a bonding power in Classic Scape that includes Human Soldiers...I'm probably thinking of Marcus Decimus, which also specifies common squad, but is there another bonding power that might make these guys OP?

EDIT: I also feel like Boss should be worth more due to his "free turn" bonding power. Think about what a bargain Prof X is in C3G.
Old October 24th, 2018, 04:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

FTR, I agree on the Boss cost. Typically in these situations I find the right total cost for the team and then try the non leaders alone and stick the difference on the leader.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 24th, 2018, 07:45 PM
"like" happy

Thanks for the feedback guys. There was a discussion when I first made the delta squad about specification to the Ion blaster. Its true that you dont add to special attacks unless specified. If its not too much room I would like to specify it to avoid any confusion. I agree boss may be worth more points. Before it was him and 1 more commando. Now its just 2 of any of them as long as their within his range. It is better but at the end of things it is only 2 attacks max. I will definitely need to do some play testing to find point cost for sure. As far as being OP, I dont think that is really a problem. Soldier synergies with marcus decimus add an attack if they are next to him and he may add one to their move. Either way, I dont see him as being a 100pts youd want to add to them just for that. There are much less costly options to get two attacks of 4.
Overall Im pretty happy with them. Ill adjust the cards with you guys helpful feedback when I get home from work. With the new tweaks on delta squad Ill for sure test them more now to see where they should lie on points.

Old October 25th, 2018, 09:08 PM
"like" happy

revised

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 05:00 AM.
Old October 25th, 2018, 10:25 PM
A Man of Taste

I don't mind the limitation since I have no desire to play them outside their universe. What you call them isn't a huge concern.

Old October 28th, 2018, 05:18 PM
"like" happy

All the Clone Cards have been updated in the threads linked in the OP.

Changed all the Clone Trooper squads, commanders, and delta squad commandos to species of Clone, and adjusted their synergies on their cards to the like. This will keep them from getting any real synergies from other sources. I do believe since they are soldiers they could still get a little love from marcus decimus, but I'm not sure he'd be worth drafting with them.

I've got some additional Imperial Dark Trooper figures that would be fun to make cards for. I've got quite a few of the Phase 1 Darktroopers that I use as SOV Hoplitrons, but I also have a phase II and Phase III Dark troopers as well. I want to make them Common Heroes that can possibly be a Quasi Functional squad of maybe two of them. Additionally to that I have Death Troopers that came from the latest Imperial Assault big box expansion. It came with 4 of them, and I was contemplating making them a Unique Squad of 4.

Old October 28th, 2018, 06:39 PM
"like" happy

revised

Old October 28th, 2018, 07:08 PM
"like" happy

Re: Trex's customs:SW Imperial Death Troopers 10/28/18

revised

Old October 28th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Trex's customs:SW Imperial Death Troopers 10/28/18

I love the Death Troopers. It's a simple variation on the Stormtrooper theme. I could see a hero-heavy Empire army choose to not draft Stormtroopers and just go with the unique squad of Deathtroopers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards