Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 16th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Evolution vs Creation, Youtube series

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Gulp made a comment earlier directed towards me, but I don't have the time to scour all of these posts.

So, I have been taught that by my parents, but I also have seen a lot of evidence for the Bible on my own, and I just can't swallow an egg like evolution. jschild continues to use the phrase 'beyond doubt' and 'evolution has been proven true', but I beg to disagree. There is a lot to be said about both sides.
If I could ask, what do you think are the odds that evolution is wrong? 90% chance?

If you have a better way of determining the truth or falsehood of scientific hypotheses, the world has been waiting almost 400 years to know.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Why not? A global flood is certainly beyond our ability to replicate, and you yourself noted that under certain catastrophic circumstances things might operate differently - why not the rate of radioactive decay
Because more water is not the catastrophic circumstances I am talking about. The order of energy involved in what I am referring to is approaching that around the big bang. Even a planet full of water won't change physics.
I assume you were referring to situations involving the event horizon of a black hole or beyond.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

Old November 16th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Gulp made a comment earlier directed towards me, but I don't have the time to scour all of these posts.

So, I have been taught that by my parents, but I also have seen a lot of evidence for the Bible on my own, and I just can't swallow an egg like evolution. jschild continues to use the phrase 'beyond doubt' and 'evolution has been proven true', but I beg to disagree. There is a lot to be said about both sides.
If I could ask, what do you think are the odds that evolution is wrong? 90% chance?

If you have a better way of determining the truth or falsehood of scientific hypotheses, the world has been waiting almost 400 years to know.
Oh, I'm about 100% positive that there is a God, and creation is the real deal.

From what I've seen (which I guess isn't that much, considering my age ) I have decided for sure of what I believe. I'm not 50% or even 90% sure. I guess I'm just one of those guys whose very wrong, or very right. Only time will tell.
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Good is Dumb

Quote:

From what I've seen (which I guess isn't that much, considering my age ) I have decided for sure of what I believe. I'm not 50% or even 90% sure. I guess I'm just one of those guys whose very wrong, or very right. Only time will tell.
100%? I'm not sure how happy God is going to be if you skipped the whole faith part in his plan.

Old November 16th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:

I have no issue with anyone deciding that they 100% believe in a deity of any kind. You are perfectly within your right to do so.

However, you can't argue that creationism is a scientific theory if you assume your theory is infallible. You will never be shown evidence that can prove you wrong. If you can't be wrong then you are in the realm of faith and religion and not that of science.

There is no reason not to have faith in God, but why does that somehow need or deserve to be treated as science?

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why is God and science not compatible? I have decided in part to believe in God because of evidence I've read about and/or seen.
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Why is God and science not compatible? I have decided in part to believe in God because of evidence I've read about and/or seen.
I agree with ABOM.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Good is Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Yeah! I'm Here View Post
Quote:
I agree with ABOM.
Are there any strong arguments against your evidences?

Old November 16th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree with ABOM.
You mean can our evidence be disproven? Or do you mean why do we believe the way we do?

I'm a F18, bro.
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Good is Dumb

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree with ABOM.
You mean can our evidence be disproven? Or do you mean why do we believe the way we do?
The former. Have you researched the evidence against your evidence?

Old November 16th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with ABOM.
Nobody says you shouldn't believe in God if that is were your convictions take you.

You can believe in God and evolution. You can believe in God and the Big Bang. You can believe in God and science. There will never be a way for science to disprove God, he is simply outside the scope of science. Any all powerful, omnipotent being is simply not knowable.

The study of God simply has nothing to do with science. As a result, the study of the creation of the universe and all life in it by God, has nothing to do with science. I don't really understand why someone who has faith in God needs or wants to treat that belief as a science?

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree with ABOM.
The former. Have you researched the evidence against your evidence?
I am doing that now. As for Bannister, I kind of take it on faith. Like God is omnipotent and infinite, right? Well, his day could be forever longer than ours, and since the world was created in 7 days, who's days was it?

I'm a F18, bro.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General