Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 27th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Army Advice and Feedback Thread

Interesting build. Nothing much really to say about it. I mean, it's obviously a thematic build so telling you to swap in Q9 for something isn't really what you're looking for...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 27th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

It did ok. OM management was hard, but it was fun to play. Definitely won't use it again though.
Old March 6th, 2017, 05:13 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Army Judging Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Great thread idea, Neo. Personally, I like to experiment a lot with my armies, but one that has never failed me is the marro. Its' a bit changeable, but the base is pretty much the same.

The hive - 160
X1 Stingers - 60 (Yes, just one)
Tor-Kul-Na - 220
X2 Nagrubs - 60
500 points, 11 hexes, plus the hive

Fairly straight forward. All of the OMs go on the hive. Then, depending on what your opponent does, you can either use the Nagrubs to move Tor-Kul-Na (Note that while the Nagrubs need to stay within 12 spaces of the hive, Tor-Kul-Na can go all over the board.) or move the stingers onto a high ground. It ussulaly wins without much trouble. Of course, ahvign two sets of stingers would be mroe safe, so if you want to give up the tank for a smaller version, try

Hive - 160
X2 Stingers - 120
Su-Bak-Na - 160
X2 Nagrubs
500 points, 14 hexes, plus the hive

Same idea except that Su-Bak-Na is slightly more maneuverable and has hive supremacy. Because of hive supremacy, I think this one might a bit better, especially with the extra stingers, but the other one is fairly effective also.
The only problem is the hive cant bond with the nagrubs. As wulsinu the nagrubs are not marro which is what the hive specifies. However you can simply put an order marker on the nagrubs to bond with tor-kul-na. I have fought against this army multiple times and am now approx. 2-9 against it. One thing to be wary of, is armies that have alot of squads. Both of my wins were with warforged. I moved in quickly put the stingers at a Dis. killing a squad each turn usually. Another thing to be careful of is flying ranged units such as the POU because they can fly in and kill the hive, most likely ruining your round allowing your opponent to wreak havoc.
Old March 6th, 2017, 06:18 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
Quote:
Great thread idea, Neo. Personally, I like to experiment a lot with my armies, but one that has never failed me is the marro. Its' a bit changeable, but the base is pretty much the same.

The hive - 160
Tor-Kul-Na - 220
X2 Nagrubs - 60

Fairly straight forward. All of the OMs go on the hive. Then, depending on what your opponent does, you can either use the Nagrubs to move Tor-Kul-Na (Note that while the Nagrubs need to stay within 12 spaces of the hive, Tor-Kul-Na can go all over the board.) or move the stingers onto a high ground. It ussulaly wins without much trouble. Of course, ahvign two sets of stingers would be mroe safe, so if you want to give up the tank for a smaller version, try

Hive - 160
X2 Stingers - 120
Su-Bak-Na - 160
X2 Nagrubs

Same idea except that Su-Bak-Na is slightly more maneuverable and has hive supremacy. Because of hive supremacy, I think this one might a bit better, especially with the extra stingers, but the other one is fairly effective also.
The only problem is the hive cant bond with the nagrubs. As wulsinu the nagrubs are not marro which is what the hive specifies. However you can simply put an order marker on the nagrubs to bond with tor-kul-na. I have fought against this army multiple times and am now approx. 2-9 against it. One thing to be wary of, is armies that have alot of squads. Both of my wins were with warforged. I moved in quickly put the stingers at a Dis. killing a squad each turn usually. Another thing to be careful of is flying ranged units such as the POU because they can fly in and kill the hive, most likely ruining your round allowing your opponent to wreak havoc.
Wow, that was a blast from the past.

~TGRF.
Old March 6th, 2017, 06:45 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
Quote:

The hive - 160
Tor-Kul-Na - 220
X2 Nagrubs - 60

Hive - 160
X2 Stingers - 120
Su-Bak-Na - 160
X2 Nagrubs

Wow, that was a blast from the past.

~TGRF.
Yah. Except the last time i lost to that army was like 2 months ago. Lol so kind of not so long ago blast through the past.
Old April 15th, 2017, 04:21 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Upcoming tourney is General Wars @ 450pts. Was thinking about running Rats x5 plus 250pts/4hexes filler.

Ideas for the filler include:

Brute Gruts and Taelord (drop a Rat)
Bramcephys and Marcu
Cyprien, Iskra, and Retchets (drop a Rat)
Moltenclaw, Garrett Burns, and Isamu
Hydras x2 and Isamu

I like the italicized ones especially.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Sheep; April 16th, 2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old April 18th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why no range with your rats?? For that reason, I'd lean towards Hydras or Moltenclaw...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
Old April 18th, 2017, 06:24 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Why no range with your rats?? For that reason, I'd lean towards Hydras or Moltenclaw...
What I found most fun with playing the Templar Knights with the rats was that you could lock opponents down and then slaughter them 1 by 1. That strategy is something I'd like to replicate to a stronger effect with more rats and clean-up-esque fillers.
Old April 20th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

I see. In that case, yeah, Cyp + fam looks like it would be a fun way to go!

Old April 20th, 2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I see. In that case, yeah, Cyp + fam looks like it would be a fun way to go!
I like that choice. Being able to engage numerous figures with the Rats and then fly in to pick them off with Cyprien sounds fun! Iskra/Retchets can clean up.

The Majors are the biggest threat and would destroy the entire army, countering Scatter, Chilling Touch, and Lethal Sting. And with the defense they have it's gonna be hard to get to use life drain on them.
Old April 24th, 2017, 11:27 PM

Thinking of an army for my girlfriend...

200 Sacred Band x4
300 MDG
390 Parmenio
450 Red Whrmlings x2 or Izumi Samurai
450pts/20hexes

Probably the Wyrmlings since it gives her a special attack and range, right?
Old April 25th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

How romantic! I'd go with Wyrmlings, personally. They're a total babe-magnet. That, and they give you some range and flight. Izumi don't really give you much of anything in that build...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion