Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 28th, 2010, 06:54 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Major X17

LOL Ill be getting him later this week and I'll see how it goes. I'm going to use rats to screen him into the fight. I think that strategy will work. C- doesn't concern me.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:04 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
LOL Ill be getting him later this week and I'll see how it goes. I'm going to use rats to screen him into the fight. I think that strategy will work. C- doesn't concern me.
It should.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but Rats + X17 doesn't really make a lot of sense. Rats are good at tying things down. X17 is good at tying one big, non-Special Attacking thing down. Can't the Rats already do that for you?

Plus, once he gets there, he gets one attack of 4. There are WAAAY better ways to use your Order Markers than on one attack of 4.

Unless your opponent has a Large and/or Disengaging, non-Special Attacking Hero that you really want to keep in one spot, or no range, X17 sucks.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:23 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

X17 is great in the Above Cursed Lands scenario. Lock down a flyer and they have to roll for damage like everyone else.

I did this at TempleCon 2009. Sorry EI (and Raelin at the same time), but you're staying down here with me.

--

FYI: Above Cursed Lands is when every non-flyer, at the end of a round, rolls an unblockable attack die, much like being on Lava Field at the end of a round.

-insert signature here-
Old April 28th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I can see trying to use the Major to tie down Wyverns. Given the increasing popularity of melee armies I may have to dust him off again.

~Aldin, who likes him against Cyprien as well given the chance

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 30th, 2010, 06:45 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

maybe he isn't good with rats, but I can see him tying down wyverns and maybe even hydras. You could tie down flying figures and then you go in with brandis for the kill.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 30th, 2010, 07:53 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
maybe he isn't good with rats, but I can see him tying down wyverns and maybe even hydras. You could tie down flying figures and then you go in with brandis for the kill.
Hydras are too big for Improved Cyberclaw to work, but they probably aren't going to leave engagement with X17 anyway, and at least he throws 7 defense.

He definitely has some use against Wyverns and Cyprien, that's for sure. I like pairing him with Theracus so he can catch up to these fast figures.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:17 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Rules Question:

I have MajorX17 on an elevated three hexer. An opponent's double spaced figure moves onto one of the empty elevated spaces.

Does the figure get immediately locked down, preventing it from moving up in the first place, or does the figure's need to end its turn on a level space allow it to move the extra space up onto the height?

Thanks in advance.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Well, it says when they enter or occupy a space adjacent to him, so they wouldn't even be able to move next to him that way. So, large double-hexers can't get next to him.
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:48 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Major X17
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 5th, 2015, 11:25 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

I guess the OP should be updated with the correct Power Ranking of D instead of C.

That D makes me very sad, but it is what it is.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old May 6th, 2015, 11:55 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
That D makes me very sad, but it is what it is.
It's probably useful to remember here that the power rankings reflect the value in a double blind, 400-600 point, 24 space startzone tournament environment, with a somewhat range-heavy metagame. That's a lot of caveats.

X17 is much more capable of shining past his ranking than a lot of his fellow low-ranked buddies. Take Grok Riders for instance - even when they are at their best, in a good matchup, they are going to struggle to earn back their points, because they are just so crazy expensive given their fragility. X17, on the other hand, can positively dominate a matchup against normal-attacking melee units, as well as some heroes like Cyprien.
Old May 6th, 2015, 02:56 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Oh yeah, I understand; and we still play him in my house. I just feel a bit sad when a unit that most of us would expect to be a core element in a strongly thematic faction is instead languishing in the swamplands of competitive play. I'm actually working on a bonding squad design that I hope will make X17 more competitively viable (and more fun) without helping his big brothers much.

The saddest story, of course, is Hatamoto Taro sitting all alone down there on the nasty end of the bench where the pigeons poop, chin in palm, with his underwear yanked up over the back of his head by the boys who actually got picked for the team. I remember reading a designer's note about how he was going to unite his people and totally kick butt. On the one hand it's a shame that the flagbearers are generally such a non-factor in competitive play, but on the other it's probably a good thing considering how they were distributed and the resulting high secondary-market values. I mean, they were basically a marketing gimmick, designed because of a deal with Toys R Us for exclusive content; Hasbro couldn't really afford to make them good enough that they threatened to become must-haves. But I digress.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units