Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Omnicron Snipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Braxas goes down easy under concentrated Omni fire. Especially when you are rolling 3-4 attack dice.
Well, you can only get to 4 if there's a Crevcor/Astrid lying around. I agree that this army becomes truly beastly when holding that glyph.

Here's my basic thinking. The snipers, assuming they want to take height and stay in Taelord's (and Raelin's) aura, are not going to be ranging far forward to initiate attacks. So Braxas is usually going to get the first strike in. The Omnicrons should be able to take Braxas out in two turns, but rarely in a single turn. So Braxas usually gets two turns of PAB before dying.

Two turns of PAB means, on average, about 4 dead snipers. So, you've killed a 210 point dragon and only lost 4 squad figures, plus perhaps a rat or two. That's great if the game is called on time at that moment, because you're way up in points. But you only have two snipers left, which makes your remaining army pretty vulnerable to a wide range of common armies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
My strategy is to use the first 2 or 3 markers to deploy the rats and grab glyphs, use the next marker to move Taelord, then use all the rest on the Omnis unless something needs to be moved.
Seems reasonable. I'm not saying the army is bad; just that Braxas seems like a good counter, as do zombies and heavy gruts.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:33 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Thus, the enemy may not take them as much as a problem as the Microcorps, and leave them alone. Us both in an army, The Micros to distract your oppenent, while the Snipers do bad damage before your opponent can react.

What do you think?

MegaSilver
I would hesitate to use both in the same army, because they do roughly the same thing, and you're bringing Order Marker issues onto yourself that you probably don't need. In a 500 point army, I would much rather play Omnicrons x5, or Microcorp x5 than some mix, because then I could just set all of my OM's down on one card and never lose a turn.

Omni's x5.... hmmmm
I usually play a 1000 point battle, so I have room. But i have yet to test my theory, since I just got the Snipers in a trade.

The B.I.V., thanks for pointing that out, but you missed...

MegaSilver
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Well, at 1000 points and 27 hexes, this looks pretty awesome:

400 Omnicron Snipers x4
120 Deathreavers x3
80 Raelin RotV
180 Taelord
220 Captain America
Old May 22nd, 2009, 06:10 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

I find that Raelin compliments them very well, especially when they have height. I have use the combo with Cyprein in this army:
x2 Omnicron Snipers 200
x1 Raelin Rotv 280
x1 Cyprein 430
x1 Sonya 475
x1 Isamu 485
x1 Otonashi 495

On maps with a decent amount of height, this army can quickly set up and strike.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:18 PM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

They are cool blue SOULBORG SNIPERS! With a DEADLY SHOT! With RANGE 7! What's not cool about them?

I like the microcorp, too, and the way I have it figured is that the micro and omnis, though it would be nice to have two squads of each, only need one squad to be effective! Can't say that about many others.

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I disagree there. Yes, they are both very powerful squads and if there is only 2 left can still do a lot of damage to a hero. The Omnicrons are fragile. They're 3 defense doesn't hold up too well and they are already a small squad. I never take less than two but would rather find a way to have three.
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:49 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I was curios about something. I was planning on buying three packs of these guys when wave 1 was re-released. Are these guys worth it or not? It's three packs of any common squad that is out currently.
Thank you.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 29th, 2009, 09:01 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
I was curios about something. I was planning on buying three packs of these guys when wave 1 was re-released. Are these guys worth it or not? It's three packs of any common squad that is out currently.
Thank you.
Three of all commons is widely considered the bare minimum you want to get of each. Some you can get away with only two... me, I get 10 of everything (but I'm a bit sick ).

The Vipers that come with the Omnicrons are a fun and cheap squad (40pts). Though in a Viper army, you want a minimum of five squads IMO.

-insert signature here-
Old May 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

If you're getting some Repulsors this summer too, I'd say it'd definitely be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:03 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I wasn't planning on using the vipers very much, just as a swarm to hopefully take out a figure or two.
Are the Omnicrons good?

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:12 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

With height, they have a 25% chance of rolling 4 skulls. Height and a glyph: just pure deadly.

Even though these guys arent the greatest, they sure are a lot of fun to play. If you have the money, go for it.
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
I wasn't planning on using the vipers very much, just as a swarm to hopefully take out a figure or two.
Are the Omnicrons good?
Well an answer to your question is with a battle strategy I am wanting to try against someone other than my self. It is a 540 pt army I built in January.

Omnicrons x3 300
Zetacron x1 60
Taelord x1 180

Here is how I used them.

Place order markers 1 and 2 on the crons, move two different squads. The third order marker goes on Taelord. Use the crons to get height and Taelord to add another for a grand total of three attack. Litterally snipe the units until the line breaks, then move in Zetacron and the other squad as bodyguards for Zetacron. The army I was playing against was another 540 point army consisting of

Su Bak Na 160
Stingers x4 240
Ne Gok Sa 90
Marro Warriors 50

In that game two squads of Omnicrons took out all four squads of Stingers Warriors, and Su Bak Na, only losing two, Zeta took out Ne Gok Sa. Taelord was taken out by Ne Gok Sa.

All in all the Taelord/ height combo is good for the Snipers. Now if the army was bigger I woulda put in more snipers or someone that would also benefit the Snipers, like Gilbert... or if wave nine had come out I would have added Repulsers.

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units