Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 26th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Two games of Descent 2.0, one of Ascension, and two of Dominion: Dark Ages last night. Fun, fun.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 26th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We played Legacy: The Testament of Duke De Crecy last night. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. (After all, how good can a game about having kids and marrying them be? )

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Two games of Descent 2.0, one of Ascension, and two of Dominion: Dark Ages last night. Fun, fun.
Still haven't had a chance to try Descent of either version yet. Nor Ascension. They sound really good, but just haven't had the opportunity...yet

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 26th, 2014, 09:51 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ascension is a lot like a simplified version of Dominion. I'm finally starting to really figure out the strategy on that one.

Descent 2.0 is more like a simplified (can't believe I'm calling it simplified ) version of DnD Heroscape.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 26th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ascension has so much more gotcha than Dominion. I like Ascension a lot, and will only play Dominion with a non-gamer or at the firm request of the other guy.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 26th, 2014, 10:04 PM

Hmm, my buddy only has the base set, no expansions, but I haven't found too much in the way of attacking other players. There's destroying constructs and occasionally taking cards from their hands, but that's about it from the base set. Might be more in the expansions, though, but from what I've played it's not more significant than the attack cards in Dominion.

I do like Dominion a lot more as a deck builder. (Though Legendary is probably my favorite in that category).

Old February 26th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, as you say you can do stuff directly to them. But more importantly, you can mess with the center row to your opponent's disadvantage.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 26th, 2014 at 10:19 PM. Reason: and we have only one expansion, too.
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:25 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I played Hanabi with a visiting friend and his fiancee a few days ago. First co-op game I've really enjoyed.
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Had a buddy over tonight and taught him Sergeant's Miniatures Game. We played a nighttime scenario for Operation Tonga where the British Red Devil paratroopers dropped at night during D-Day to split the German 7th and 15h armies (I believe that's right), to take some bridges and stall German reinforcements.

I built a 6 soldier British squad to let my buddy play and I took the 7 soldier German squad. The British had better soldiers, so my extra German soldier didn't help as he won 54 VP's to my 29 VP's. He had bonus VP's for surviving soldiers, while my bonus VP's would come from captured British soldiers. I had one captured at one point but his squadmate came and rescued him and then the ex-captured soldier killed my soldier that took him prisoner. I could have killed that soldier instead of capturing him during close combat, but opted for the capture to try to get more VP's as I knew I was behind. I had hoped to move them far enough away to avoid him getting rescued, but it didn't work out.

Fun game nonetheless and my buddy enjoyed it.

Old February 28th, 2014, 07:34 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

That's one of the most famous para operations of WWII, and yet I never knew its name. Thanks! You can always learn something new. Sounds like fun.

Yes, deciding what to do with prisoners in minis games is always tricky. I actually have a WWII Atrocity Table which says which nations are allowed to be nasty as a matter of course, depending on their 'historical doctrine.'
Old February 28th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
That's one of the most famous para operations of WWII, and yet I never knew its name. Thanks! You can always learn something new. Sounds like fun.

Yes, deciding what to do with prisoners in minis games is always tricky. I actually have a WWII Atrocity Table which says which nations are allowed to be nasty as a matter of course, depending on their 'historical doctrine.'
I hadn't known either before getting that scenario book for the Red Devils kickstarter. Aside from the paras, they had some pretty precise gliders too that helped take Pegasus bride. Landed between a river and a canal and got the drop on the Germans.

As far as prisoners go in this particular game, is that when you are in close combat with an enemy soldier (base to base) you are considered "Fighting" and that is resolved at the end of that particular phase (3 phases per game turn). There's no dice in this game, it's all card driven, with cards having multiple functions. Each soldier has a fight value of 2-4, and that's how many cards you draw for that fight. The player with initiative gets to play 1 card and then the other player and back and forth etc. There are 4 damage results you can draw, Zip (miss), Pin (soldier is pinned and all stats are halved), Wound (flip their soldier card over with adjusted stats, only 2 wounds before being dead), and Kill (auto kill). When playing a Kill result in close combat, the player that played it has the option of either killing that soldier, or taking him prisoner. Each soldier is worth VP's (from 2 to 11 or higher but don't have any higher). So when you kill a soldier, you get their soldier card and count their VP's toward your total at the end. Captured soldiers are worth double their VP's at the end, and I had a special bonus on my Orders Card that gave me an additional 7 VP's per captured soldier. I was behind in scoring and the game was winding down and I was running low on soldiers, so I went for the capture when I played a Kill card and hoped to be able to stay away from the other enemy soldier that was left, as he could move into contact and free his squadmate. Unfortunately he was able to play a card that let him move a couple times and that was it.

Old March 1st, 2014, 11:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Heroscape x5 today for our monthly tournament. Went 4-1 for first place, had a great time as always.

After the tournament, played Neuroshima Hex on the iPad. 3-player game, came in second. Only played this one a handful, but it's always fun. Each turn is like a little puzzle, and each faction has its own wonderful flavor.

Then Small World on the iPad. 3 players again, this time I won. Pretty close score of 86-77-68. Flying Skeletons are awesome early.

Last but not least, Adventure Time: Card Wars. Very simple, but very fun 2-player game.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games