Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmodaily
But it makes the Aubrien Archers pretty much worthless as ranged figures.
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say this mechanic will make certain ranged figures worthless. Perhaps if the trees added one automatic shield to whatever was rolled. Plus, the Aubrien Archers have a chance to Frenzy, and thus the defending figure has another possibility to whiff on D.

Until we hear specifics about the jungle rules, I'm going to retract my previous statements and hold my judgement.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmodaily
But it makes the Aubrien Archers pretty much worthless as ranged figures.
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say this mechanic will make certain ranged figures worthless. Perhaps if the trees added one automatic shield to whatever was rolled. Plus, the Aubrien Archers have a chance to Frenzy, and thus the defending figure has another possibility to whiff on D.

Until we hear specifics about the jungle rules, I'm going to retract my previous statements and hold my judgement.
An automatic shield is better than another defense die.

So, do we make this rule effective for RttFF trees? Ruins? Anything?

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:04 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hey. The Tree Town Open house rule just became official
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker

That's what I'm saying. I'm glad it's NOT an automatic shield, as that would be a little too much.

Regarding whether or not the mechanic works with other items has not been reported... yet.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:09 AM

Teruck has disabled reputation
i think it will balance range 1 units to ranged units

2+2=fish, .99=1 and Richard is awsome!
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:12 AM
has been BANNED

GoBigorGoHome is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Getting another Defense Die for the Krav, G Nators, and Sentinels just made them even better. Also boosts the Snipers ability to easily do 2 wounds instead of just 1. This also makes Braxas even better since he cna bypass defense
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:14 AM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigorGoHome
Getting another Defense Die for the Krav, G Nators, and Sentinels just made them even better. Also boosts the Snipers ability to easily do 2 wounds instead of just 1. This also makes Braxas even better since he cna bypass defense
Hell, it gives her defense 4! She needs it!

Also, Elf archers defending in the jungle with Kyntela Gwyn at their side suddenly have defense.

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker

That's what I'm saying. I'm glad it's NOT an automatic shield, as that would be a little too much.

Regarding whether or not the mechanic works with other items has not been reported... yet.
Right. I didn't get the nuance the first time I read it.

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
i'd think it would have a small and medium figure limit to it. Braxus in a jungle would still stand out like a sore thumb. I don't think large figures should be able to hide in the jungle. Now if they made it only for figures with a range of 1. Then it would really help out melee units. Otherwise it's helping out ranged just as much again.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:28 AM

What about rules for swamp terrain and swamp water terrain?

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:43 AM

Teruck has disabled reputation
they wont tell us but he said that the swamp water is like ice i guess

2+2=fish, .99=1 and Richard is awsome!
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:45 AM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Hey. The Tree Town Open house rule just became official
That would be cool if that's where they got it. Codeman, Jormi and I came up with it (for RTTF trees), so I'd like to think I helped in the design process. Oh, and the spiders too . I don't think either of these are true, but I guess there's a slight possibility.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News