Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Who is the most versatile hero in Raknar’s Vision?
Jotun 37 11.25%
Braxas 29 8.81%
Nilfheim 101 30.70%
Major Q9 111 33.74%
Theracus 51 15.50%
Voters: 329. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 11th, 2008, 11:57 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
It's a close one, but I voted for Nilfheim. I know Major Q9's rep - and it's well deserved - but while Q9 may be harder to take out, he has a serious issue with high defense figs. For me, Nilf's mobility and high normal attack make him a safer choice.

he does?
where?
if ye dont wanna use his special...his normal attk is good for that....

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:00 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez
Quote:
It's a close one, but I voted for Nilfheim. I know Major Q9's rep - and it's well deserved - but while Q9 may be harder to take out, he has a serious issue with high defense figs. For me, Nilf's mobility and high normal attack make him a safer choice.

he does?
where?
Not nearly as good as Nilfheim's. Q9 can only reliably wound figures with defense up to 5 with his normal attack of 4. Nilf's 6, though, can handle everybody currently in print pretty well.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:12 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez
Quote:

he does?
where?
Not nearly as good as Nilfheim's. Q9 can only reliably wound figures with defense up to 5 with his normal attack of 4. Nilf's 6, though, can handle everybody currently in print pretty well.
true
though he's got shorter range, less defense but more life..and than there's that lousy 5 points that unbalances the standard 400-500 points armies... while not much it does end up limiting what squads ye can pull with him..those 5 points an mean difference b/t being able to pull krav's or 4th mass or 'corps etc

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:36 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
You wouldn't be complaining if we had more 5s. Right now there are only 15 (including Marvel) out of 134 cards. That's only 11%. They should bump it closer to 20% and we'd be good. That's only one or two units each wave. Since we've already seen Sujoah at 185, I'll be happy with at least one in Wave 8.

Also, please try to use some punctuation and the shift key.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 12th, 2008, 02:10 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean
Juton

7 life, 6 move, 8 attack, he can throw your opponen'ts figure to harm or kill them or throw your own to high ground

he can swing wildly at a group with 4 attack and affect everyone adjacent...

so he could kill up to 9 figures in one turn (assuming he attacks a double spaced adjacent figure who is surrounded and that he throws an enemy figure to their death)

yeah I see why I voted Juton
He can actually kill more than 9 if he wild swings the hive.

Whoa, totally didn't realize how old this thread is.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 12th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Raknar's Vision is my favorite single release so far from Hasbro. I liked Orm's too, but this set seemed to make up for the mistakes they made with those 5 heroes.

Q9 is probably the most versatile since he will likely take down just about anything you throw him at, but I like Nilfheim more than any other hero in the game. He's got a very powerful and versatile special attack, and the ability to smack heroes down effectively as well. And 6 flying to boot. Theracus is fun too depending on the map. Part of me really wants to win a tournament with Jotun, just because it'd be hilariously fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:37 PM

-le0emperor- has disabled reputation
You guys are lucky that you can even find Raknar's Vision.

Q9 I think, is the most versatile he can take out almost all kinds of figures and he wont have an early death.
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Darkomen57 has disabled reputation
I say Theracus because he's so awesome for his point value.

Bitefight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
...good grammar will get you far on this site. (at least a lot farther than the reverse).
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:16 PM

StLouisBear is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by -le0emperor-
I just bought it last week online at Funagaingames.com. I had been wanting it for awhile so when I found it, I snapped it up.
Old February 13th, 2008, 03:38 AM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
In terms of versatility, I'd have to go with Nilfheim. I think Q9's the best, but in my mind, Nilf can handle a wider range of opponents than Q9.
Old February 13th, 2008, 09:27 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Who is the most versatile hero in Raknar’s Vision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
The drawbacks I experienced with Nilf is if he gets engaged with a figure *POOF* there goes that Special Ability.
Not if you're engaged with more than one figure, not to mention even though Ice Shard becomes less useful, his normal attack is 6.
Old February 13th, 2008, 04:19 PM

-le0emperor- has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by -le0emperor-
I just bought it last week online at Funagaingames.com. I had been wanting it for awhile so when I found it, I snapped it up.
Yeah, but my parents don't like me buying stuff from the internet.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units