Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old August 28th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Books: What are you currently reading?

Well, the people around here like to read, and we have a music thread, so... why not! What are all you people currently reading?

I just started To Kill Rasputin by Andrew Cook. It's very interesting, and gives a second look into Rasputin's final days. After that'll I'm going to give a long overdue look at American Gods.
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:26 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
I just finished a book I started in sixth grade. Its called Dragon of the Lost sea.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Iron Council by China Mieville. I usually like older books - 1930's and older - though. The book is pretty good but doesn't have as interesting a feel as Perdido Street Station did. Perdido Street Station really lost the cool at the end and turned into a run-of-the-mill action story though. Most books with a really interesting premise seem to do that (Snow Crash comes quickly to mind here). I'll see if this one does too or if the themes of industry, civilization, and freedom actually go anywhere.
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:27 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
See Spot Run

I particualarly like the part where it goes "Run. Run. Run."
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Decided to take a break from Fantasy and Sci-Fi for awhile, I'm reading the Alex Cross novels by James Patterson. I just finished Along Came a Spider and started Kiss the Girls last night.
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:57 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I'm reading 30-year-old or older copies of Asimov, Analog and other sci-fi magazines I bought at an old bookstore years ago.
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I'm reading 30-year-old or older copies of Asimov, Analog and other sci-fi magazines I bought at an old bookstore years ago.
I dig Asimov, particularly the Robot stories and novels.
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Just finished "The Two Georges". Will read "Anansi Boys" now.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
I just finished A Seperate Peace for school next week. I started Children of Hurin this afternoon and am about half-way through.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 28th, 2007, 11:28 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Johnny, with Ag, be prepared for a long immersing journey. I finished Feast for Crows and plan to read Outbound Flight next. I recently re-read The Nine Books of History and about half of Tristan in the non fantasy sci-fi arena. I'm also reading Meg Gardiner books.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:33 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
Do comics count?
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
Do comics count?
Only if it's the Halo comic

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books