Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 31st, 2018, 07:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Damn, awesome map!
Chris has been collecting terrain for quite a while, and sometimes forgets about some of the stuff he has in various bins. It helps that he makes pretty good money and he and his girlfriend don't have kids

The white and blue buildings are from Plastcraft, and are basically printed plastic. They come in kits that come in flat sheets and you have to glue it all together, but it's pretty good stuff. I have a set of walls with a walkway from them that I have used for Frostgrave, but will also work for some post-apocalyptic stuff as well. Their stuff used to be plain and you'd have to paint it, but they've started their Colored line of products a couple years ago that comes pre-painted/printed.

Not sure where the central building came from, though I think it might be from Micro Arts Studio. It is MDF that needs assembly and painting.

The bigger buildings on either side (our entry zones) are called Q buildings I believe, from Bandua. They come pre-finished, though you still have to assemble them. The neat thing about them, is that for storage, you flip over the largest one of a 3 piece set and you can stick the medium and small size ones inside. They are pretty expensive though.

A lot of other neat little shipping containers, planters, lights etc.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 1st, 2018, 01:58 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

That was an epic board @Hahma . Those plast craft buildings look pretty neat. Ive decided that I wont be getting any new games any time soon even though that one looks sweet. I have been fleshing out more detailed terrain for frostgrave, ga, and any other games that can use fantasy terrain such as massive darkness and zombicide black plague when I go gridless with them. I also found a very cool program online that is free called desktop hero. It allows you to create characters and download the stl files. What I also figured out was you can leave body parts off of the files. In short, I made about five different models that I printed about 20 total of that are missing heads and arms. I need to print about 5 more to complete using up my frostgrave GA sprues of snakemen and regular crew. I made varied sizes between 28 and 30mm tall and they turned out beautiful. Ill have 40 cultists, 40 snakemen, and 10 GA crewmen from the one sprue I had sent to me from the nickstarter. They dont take any time at all to make and have a base printed with them. Awesome. Also been printing out some beautiful mini furniture for all my ruined buildings of frostgrave.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 2nd, 2018, 07:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

You are better off not getting into more games for awhile @TREX , it becomes addicting in a sense. I've been selling off several of my board games and trying to sell more. I had gotten more than I needed and now want to get my collection down and get money towards miniatures games, which I need to reign in my wants vs playtime as well.

Sounds like you will have a great bunch of stuff for GA, now to paint all of that and get it played with your brothers.

I got my 2nd Airspeeder done for Legion, the one with blue panels. Now I will move on to paint 3 more Infinity models so I can have a 300 point army next time I play against my buddy Chris.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 06:44 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Yeah. I really like your speeders. All the legion stuff is really great. Im too deep into IA to rationalize both of them. I picked up spellcaster issue 3 and the maze of malcor books for frostgrave. Im 3d printing all the different pieces of terrain to make the game board amazing. I already have so many miniatures that Im trying to not really buy or 3d print any more. Ive got a terrain checklist on my phone that keeps me on track for what I need to print next. (Its easy to get sidetracked) I made several 3d pieces for my favorite boardgames but have backed off from buying new ones. Ive got most of all the pieces done for just about every frostgrave archipelago and frostgrave mission built and painted plus cool extra eye candy. Ill have to say making the wizards alchemists library was bar none the most fun. Ive been pretty sick so havent had time to set up a board and take pics of all the awesome stuff. My next project im building are a handful of ships. Im 3d printing parts of them such as the wheel and other parts along with using xps foam for the main body of the things. All in all loads of fun. I hear there is a great printer for about 200 bucks called the ender 3 that does great work for tabletop games. Its so cool printing whatever you think up. I bet youd love it.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 07:28 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Hahma,

I just saw this thread for the first time ... that I can recall at least and have gone through each page. Very cool!

Makes me consider doing my own thread as my gaming has expanded beyond just the scope of Heroscape and C3G. But ... I'll have to think about it.

Your Infinity stuff makes me want to get into and I have a friend that just picked up a starter to for all of us to try out, however, between all the Star Wars announcements (Super Star Destroyer, X-Wing 2.0, Legion, and Imperial Assault) for games that I play and just starting Song of Ice and Fire and painting minis for the local DnD/Terrinoth groups, I just don't think I'll do it.

I'll play with other people's stuff though. The rules look really fun to play with.

Again, awesome work here! Inspiring stuff (you're making me doubt my decision to not base the Legion figures).
Old August 2nd, 2018, 09:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Yeah. I really like your speeders. All the legion stuff is really great. Im too deep into IA to rationalize both of them. I picked up spellcaster issue 3 and the maze of malcor books for frostgrave. Im 3d printing all the different pieces of terrain to make the game board amazing. I already have so many miniatures that Im trying to not really buy or 3d print any more. Ive got a terrain checklist on my phone that keeps me on track for what I need to print next. (Its easy to get sidetracked) I made several 3d pieces for my favorite boardgames but have backed off from buying new ones. Ive got most of all the pieces done for just about every frostgrave archipelago and frostgrave mission built and painted plus cool extra eye candy. Ill have to say making the wizards alchemists library was bar none the most fun. Ive been pretty sick so havent had time to set up a board and take pics of all the awesome stuff. My next project im building are a handful of ships. Im 3d printing parts of them such as the wheel and other parts along with using xps foam for the main body of the things. All in all loads of fun. I hear there is a great printer for about 200 bucks called the ender 3 that does great work for tabletop games. Its so cool printing whatever you think up. I bet youd love it.
Yeah, it makes sense for you to stick with IA and Frostgrave stuff. You have already put a lot of work into them, so might as well enjoy the fruits of your labor. You will have a killer setup for Frostgrave and GA, with all the neat specific items and creatures and such.

I might like 3D printing, but then again, it would mean I'd create even more work for me, and I already have a backlog of things to paint

Old August 2nd, 2018, 09:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Hahma,

I just saw this thread for the first time ... that I can recall at least and have gone through each page. Very cool!

Makes me consider doing my own thread as my gaming has expanded beyond just the scope of Heroscape and C3G. But ... I'll have to think about it.

Your Infinity stuff makes me want to get into and I have a friend that just picked up a starter to for all of us to try out, however, between all the Star Wars announcements (Super Star Destroyer, X-Wing 2.0, Legion, and Imperial Assault) for games that I play and just starting Song of Ice and Fire and painting minis for the local DnD/Terrinoth groups, I just don't think I'll do it.

I'll play with other people's stuff though. The rules look really fun to play with.

Again, awesome work here! Inspiring stuff (you're making me doubt my decision to not base the Legion figures).
Wow! Thanks a lot Hellfire. Checking out every page, that's something. I'm glad you found it cool. When I started this thread, I never expected to keep getting into as many new things as I did.

Sounds like you are elbow deep into Star Wars stuff. It's great if you can get those games played regularly. A Song of Fire and Ice seems pretty neat, though I'm not sure about the trays. And those would be way more minis to paint than I would want to. Legion has already become a monster, especially with all the GenCon announcements, it's only going to grow.

Infinity is a very deep and rich system, the deepest by far than any I have ever played. It will be cool for you to try out your friends game of it. The 2 player starter sets are very basic. The real rules are available free on the Infinity website. They are the N3 rules. There is also The Human Sphere expansion rules as well to be able to download for free as well. They have the profiles for all the models for all the factions available to download as well. They have over 300 different models, which is cool.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 09:14 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Hahma,

Wow! Thanks a lot Hellfire. Checking out every page, that's something. I'm glad you found it cool. When I started this thread, I never expected to keep getting into as many new things as I did.

Sounds like you are elbow deep into Star Wars stuff. It's great if you can get those games played regularly. A Song of Fire and Ice seems pretty neat, though I'm not sure about the trays. And those would be way more minis to paint than I would want to. Legion has already become a monster, especially with all the GenCon announcements, it's only going to grow.

Infinity is a very deep and rich system, the deepest by far than any I have ever played. It will be cool for you to try out your friends game of it. The 2 player starter sets are very basic. The real rules are available free on the Infinity website. They are the N3 rules. There is also The Human Sphere expansion rules as well to be able to download for free as well. They have the profiles for all the models for all the factions available to download as well. They have over 300 different models, which is cool.
True, its alot more work. Printing it out while painting just adds more painting. I really love this thread and it has expanded me into more fun hobbies and am glad you put it together Hahma. Glad you enjoy this thread too @Hellfire . Its fun when other scapers jump in here and add to it as well. I really need to post more pics...soon.

Old August 4th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hey @TREX

Being the ADD hobbyist that I am (along with my buddy Chris), after I finished my 2nd Airspeeder, I started working on 3 more Infinity models from the Nomad faction that I have 7 done for already. Those particular 3, when added to my previous 7, will get me to 300 points to be able to play a full 300 point game (standard size) the next time I get a chance to play against Chris.

I had worked a few hours on those 3 models this morning, and have quite a bit to go yet since they are quite detailed, but when I got an a little time later in the day, instead of doing more work on them, I did a side project

Remember those walkways from the Warsenal terrain that I built and you liked? Well I had one primed for a while, and finally took the leap to try to get a color scheme nailed down for that set. I figured the little walkway would be a nice small project to get the colors dialed in.

Here it is, attached to an unpainted Octagon (that isn't even on its base), but just to show it when attached to something.

I wanted to see if a couple of the greens I have worked. I use mostly Army Painter brand paints, though have been adding some P3 and Vallejo here and there as well. Anyway, Army Painter brand also has colored spray primer that matches the colors of their little 18ml bottled paint. I'm not sure if they have every single color in the spray primer, but they have a lot. Anyway, I had primed this walkway with Krylon grey primer, then used some thinned Angel Green on the rails and then while that was still wet, I wetblended in some Goblin Green toward the center. Then I did a wash with a drop of black mixed with some Quick Shine floor finish, and came back and drybrushed several shades of progressively lighter grey. Then I added some rust/weathering elements and just got done spray varnishing it with 2 coats of Dullcote.

Since that experiment worked to my liking, I ordered a can of each Angel Green and Goblin Green spray primer to handle the larger pieces, like the pillboxes and barracks. I also happened to order 4 inch and 3 inch deep trays of Games Plus pluck foam, to store my AT-ST, 2 AT-RT's, 2 Airspeeders and 2 sets of 2 Speederbikes for Legion. This way I can take them to elsewhere safely.

I got motivated with that walkway, and just primed another short one, a long one and a set of stairs and its support.

Old August 5th, 2018, 01:57 AM
"like" happy

@Hahma . That looks awesome. That catwalk rail looks great. That was just about how I imagined it would turn out. I downloaded a set of stl files ill be printing out that look like that. Ive been printing far too many things to keep up painting em all. Black bombing all the terrain with a simple drybrush could look good with metal structures. Super cool.

Old August 5th, 2018, 07:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Hahma . That looks awesome. That catwalk rail looks great. That was just about how I imagined it would turn out. I downloaded a set of stl files ill be printing out that look like that. Ive been printing far too many things to keep up painting em all. Black bombing all the terrain with a simple drybrush could look good with metal structures. Super cool.
I look forward to seeing your setup for a game once you get it all ready

I imagine 3D printing is addictive, because there are so many neat things to make.

Old August 7th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

I took a short break (a couple days ) from working on Infinity models, because I was inspired by how the painted short-walkway came out, from some of the Warsenal terrain that I had built. So on Sunday, I got a few more pieces primed and started painting. I did the stairs, another short walkway and a long walkway. I got some drybrushing done before work yesterday, and since I had to call off work today for the HVAC guy to come out and fix our airconditioner that had not worked since last Wednesday, I was able to do the weathering this morning and spray varnished them with Dullcote in the garage.

The long walkway has 2 removable sections in the middle of it, so that you can attach ladders, stairs or whatever. I wanted to use this as a test piece in order to see how priming, painting and varnishing will affect the fit of these removable pieces. The octagon pieces I have, have 8 of these removable sections to give lots of options for adding stairs, ladders and connecting walkways. So testing it out was important.

When building them, I had to do a little sanding or filing on the connection points of the removable setions, as well as the connection points of the accessories that would connect to them. I had done a good job of that with the long walkway and one of the octagon pieces, but will have to do more cleaning up of some of the other pieces I have built, before priming and painting them. Since I had time today while waiting for the HVAC guy to show up, I figured I'd prime the octagon piece that was ready to go, as well as some ladder pieces.

Here's some pictures of the finished pieces, as well as some primed stuff. Randomly setup with a couple Infinity models on them, and then one with a few Star Wars Legion models on the stairs. Standard Infinity bases are 25mm, with Legion a smidge bigger and they fit fine, though because of height of Legion bases and the height of my Infinity bases with added greenstuff texture, they won't fit on the individual steps. However, the round lipped 30mm bases that I have for most of my The Drowned Earth models, will fit under each stair. I had added some greenstuff to them, but not onto the rounded edge. Otherwise, the 30mm bases barely fit width-wise and are the maximum base size for walkways and stairs.

I got the Kriza Borac model varnished with a couple coats of Dullcote today as well. Afterwards, I brushed on a little satin varnish to the round bluish part on his wrist armor, to give it more pizazz. Since I had some of the satin varnish leftover in the paint well, I figured I'd add a little bit to the same parts of the previous Nomads I had finished. Then figured I'd take a few family pictures and help show how beefy the Kriza Borac compared to the others, where previously the Mobile Brigada was the big man on campus

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures