Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old May 8th, 2021, 11:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: ScapeCon Map Contest: Deadline May 8th

Announcement: I'm pushing back the deadline to Sunday night at midnight, instead of tonight at midnight. This will give everyone another full weekend day to make tweaks or submit there maps.
Old May 8th, 2021, 11:21 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: ScapeCon Map Contest: Deadline May 9th

I swear I had no part in this one @NecroBlade
Old May 9th, 2021, 08:40 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Announcement: I'm pushing back the deadline to Sunday night at midnight, instead of tonight at midnight. This will give everyone another full weekend day to make tweaks or submit there maps.
If my maps are bad, you can just say they're bad. You don't have to add a week to the contest that I won't use.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 9th, 2021, 09:34 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
If my maps are bad, you can just say they're bad. You don't have to add a week to the contest that I won't use.
Lol, I think he just pushed it back a day (to tonight at midnight)!
Old May 10th, 2021, 12:13 AM

Unseen Shadowz knows what's in an order marker Unseen Shadowz knows what's in an order marker

Here is my map, hope you all enjoy.

Old May 10th, 2021, 07:40 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseen Shadowz View Post

I like it! Did you think about glyphs to draw action out toward the edges?

(Also why is Sauna not in the OP?)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 10th, 2021, 02:16 PM

Unseen Shadowz knows what's in an order marker Unseen Shadowz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseen Shadowz View Post

I like it! Did you think about glyphs to draw action out toward the edges?

(Also why is Sauna not in the OP?)
Yes there are supposed to be two glyphs, not sure why they didn’t show up but I’ll get it updated and post build instructions too.
Old May 10th, 2021, 04:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The polls will be up later tonight sometime after I get off work. This was a great group of submissions. It's gonna be hard to vote for a winner!
Old May 10th, 2021, 07:50 PM

Here is the final of my map with the glyphs and build instructions! Good luck to all. Thank you infectedsloth for running a cool contest! I forgot how much I enjoyed map making.

The map uses ROTV, VW, and RttF
Build Instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1it6...ew?usp=sharing
Old May 12th, 2021, 12:54 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I posted my map just before leaving town for a 4 day backpacking trip, which I just returned from. My map was supposed to be called Frosty Road, not Frosty Lake. I would have fixed this typo if I had noticed it. Sorry about that. Looks like the poll is already up with the typo'd. Oh well.
Old May 12th, 2021, 10:37 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wow, lots of great submissions!
Old May 17th, 2021, 03:26 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I tried re-working my map Steer into the Skid based on feedback from the voting thread. Sharing the new version here incase anyone has any follow-up thoughts they don't mind sharing (trying to improve my map making skills).

I haven't re-done the top-down with height #s yet.

Major changes:
- Moving the middle height up next to the road (and closer to each other). This was pretty universal feedback and made a lot of sense.
- Adding tiles below the 4-hex tree so that it can actually be built in person.
- Moved one SZ hex from the right to the left so it was no longer 'stuck' behind the hive.
- Adjusted some snow v. dungeon tiles to try and make one side more clearly the snow side and one side more clearly the dungeon side.

I'm still a bit concerned about having several single-hex choke-points, as it seems like it could be bad for mele. I'm hoping that starting on the road negates that a little bit, and I made the center height a bit more accessible from the far side than the near side to try and make it easier for mele to contest the opposite side height.

Anyways, if anyone has additional thoughts I'd love to hear them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games