Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 14th, 2006, 11:38 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Innovative Techniques

Hi all. Since I don't get to play often, I spend a lot of time just thinking about HS. I have a lot of ideas for new abilities and wanted to share one. Tell me what you think and please share yours if you have any.

DODGE:
Anytime a figure is the target of an attack it may choose to dodge. To perform a dodge, simply remove a turn order marker form the army card before rolling for defense to completely avoid the attack. Only one squad figure may perform a dodge everytime a turn order marker is removed.

So what do you think? I have other ideas, but I thought I'd throw this one out first.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 14th, 2006, 12:40 PM

Jotun has disabled reputation
I guess this wouldn't work in the bottom of the third turn when the defender no longer has any unused turns. Or you could say that next turn they only get to use two order markers.
Old November 14th, 2006, 02:49 PM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
Or... for every turn marker you sacrifice, you add one defense die to the roll. Yeah, you may still blow it but, it seems like a better and fair mechanic.

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old November 14th, 2006, 03:01 PM

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cool. I'm not sentimental about these ideas, they are just fun to think about and I was curious if anyone thinks up similar innovations.

Perhaps the third marker can be saved, skip your turn to use it for a dodge.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 14th, 2006, 03:09 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
I like it, interesting possibilities. We may play around with this a bit in our group to see how it works. I will let you know if & how it was implemented.
Old November 14th, 2006, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby
I like it, interesting possibilities. We may play around with this a bit in our group to see how it works. I will let you know if & how it was implemented.
Thanks for looking. Maybe you guys can improve it.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 12th, 2016, 06:08 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart
Re: Innovative Techniques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
Hi all. Since I don't get to play often, I spend a lot of time just thinking about HS. I have a lot of ideas for new abilities and wanted to share one. Tell me what you think and please share yours if you have any.

DODGE:
Anytime a figure is the target of an attack it may choose to dodge. To perform a dodge, simply remove a turn order marker form the army card before rolling for defense to completely avoid the attack. Only one squad figure may perform a dodge everytime a turn order marker is removed.

So what do you think? I have other ideas, but I thought I'd throw this one out first.
I think me and you have very different ideas on the word "innovative" and what it means
Old February 13th, 2016, 12:53 AM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker
Re: Innovative Techniques

I would think this would work best as a house rule and make it a free action once per turn per figure ..The best way I can think to make this work is when a figure dodges: Roll number of that figures defense dice - 20 ( To equivalent a Dexterity/Agility Roll ) roll that number or higher ..So say a figure has a Defense of 3, to Dodge an attack roll a D-20 and get a 17 or higher to Dodge and take no damage. This will slow game play, but will feel more realistic giving figures agility and making the Defense roll more of an armor value or toughness..

ALL ARE ONE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion